Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Well, the November Southwest flights are supposed to open up today. I have a bunch of points, so at least I'm not playing with "real" money. I'm curious how much more $$$ the refundable tickets will be.

Anyone else anxious to book a flight, but nervous at the same time?

Well, the November Southwest flights are supposed to open up today. I have a bunch of points, so at least I'm not playing with "real" money. I'm curious how much more $$$ the refundable tickets will be.

We got our flights the first week of March. Great timing, right?!

Me!!

Southwest is going to charge more for refundable tickets???

Well, they (and most airlines) usually do. The cheapest ones are the nonrefundable "wanna get away" fares. No change fee and reusable within 12 months of purchase, but you don't get the money back. As an example, I'm looking at an October flight right now, where "wanna get away" is $175, and refundable is $430!

I never remember this, but is there a time that Southwest posts flights? I thought it was 8am EST ,but obviously not.

Well, they (and most airlines) usually do. The cheapest ones are the nonrefundable "wanna get away" fares. No change fee and reusable within 12 months of purchase, but you don't get the money back. As an example, I'm looking at an October flight right now, where "wanna get away" is $175, and refundable is $430!

I never remember this, but is there a time that Southwest posts flights? I thought it was 8am EST ,but obviously not.

Oh okay, I'm sorry, I thought for a second that the no change fee reusable ticket "refund" was going away for the Wanna Get Aways. That's my favorite part of flying Southwest.

Looks like normal prices for the season on Southwest at the moment. I would keep an eye on it, though. If travel demand remains low, deals will crop up.

I just got my SW ticket this morning, using the credit from when I canceled the flight I booked for the Star Wars Half in April. Not that the ticket cost was high, but higher than I expected given the current state of air travel. I will be interested to see how the prices fluctuate in the coming months.

I booked flights this morning, I think they were a tiny bit high, but I booked with points, so if they drop, I'll get the points back (and if it cancels, I'll get my points back).

I booked mine a couple weeks ago with Delta. The Southwest fares look on par with what I remember seeing in the past.

Got my sw ticket for the trip down on points. I was surprised at how many points it was. The return schedule was not to my liking so I’m flying back on frontier. It’ll be my first time using them. Anyone flown them? How bad is it?

Got my sw ticket for the trip down on points. I was surprised at how many points it was. The return schedule was not to my liking so I’m flying back on frontier. It’ll be my first time using them. Anyone flown them? How bad is it?

I've flown them to LAX, MCO and MIA. Its an economy airline, for sure. But I have felt better with them than with my arch nemesis, Spirit.

I flew Frontier for W&D in 2018. The trip down was awful because of turbulence, but they did what they could with that. There isn't a ton of space, in fact, I think the motor coach to the expo had a bigger tray table, but it served its purpose to get me down and back cheaply.

I have flown with Frontier more than 50 times. It is not as bad as everyone says it is. They just nickel and dime you for everything, which I am ok with. I get to choose what I want to spend my money on. The only other problem I find is that each plane and staff is dedicated, so if you have a problem with your airplane or your pilots or flight attendants, there isn't a backup plane for you to take. They have to take however long it is to fix that plane or wait for that pilot to arrive

Since the parks are opening up with the requirement of using a face mask, what are the odds that it will still be required in November? Also if they are required, will they be required running in the wine and dine 1/2 marathon?

Got our tickets for Wine & Dine, flying out of BUF and they seemed to be around the same cost and times that are usually offered in November for Southwest.
I'm not worried about flying. My thoughts are that it's probably going to be the cleanest planes we've ever flown in...

Since the parks are opening up with the requirement of using a face mask, what are the odds that it will still be required in November? Also if they are required, will they be required running in the wine and dine 1/2 marathon?
Track Shack, which partners with rD to put on Disney races, just released its rules for an upcoming Orlando race of its own: masks are required to be worn pre- and post-race, but not while actively running the race. Unless something changes in guidance on masks by Nov., I'd expect the same at WDW.

Way too early to know. The race is over 5 months away and all we know is that things can change in a hurry. That being said, I think if runDisney felt that face masks during the race need to be required, then the pandemic would be bad enough to cancel the race entirely. As has been discussed many times already, masks may well be required in the corrals, on the bus, and in the post race areas.

Bought my tickets out of BWI this morning for W&D. I thought the prices were higher than normal for these flights. They did go up after I bought them. They released while I was running of course! LOL! I'll keep checking for a sale and see if I can grab something cheaper. I can always use a credit for marathon weekend. Have to buy 5 tickets for that and the thought of that is killing me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter