Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

I wonder if your Two Course Challenge shirt is a men’s shirt? Maybe the wrong one was put in your bag?? But that is interesting, do the men’s and women’s shirts have different textures?

Mine’s a v-neck so definitely women’s. It’s just weird. Like they gave me a prototype of a rejected shirt style or something. it’s nothing like the other two shirts. Oh well!

I enjoyed myself on the 10k! Didn’t care for the revised course exit from Epcot, but I am hoping that changes back once construction at Epcot ends. Also didn’t like the finisher area setup with the gear bags so far away. But I enjoyed the run itself, always fun to run through world showcase and the medal is cute! Hope everyone had a great race!

Enjoyed the snack box, minus the hummus. I only like homemade hummus. Really appreciated that it was almost all peanut allergy friendly so dd could get a good snack into her. The bananas are always the tastiest I ever eat. The almond Rocca was tasty and a nice treat.

Enjoyed the snack box, minus the hummus. I only like homemade hummus. Really appreciated that it was almost all peanut allergy friendly so dd could get a good snack into her. The bananas are always the tastiest I ever eat. The almond Rocca was tasty and a nice treat.
Almond Roca is my favourite! It was a nice surprise.

Yes, but shouldn’t shirts of the same manufacturer, style, size and material at least fit one person consistently? It sounds like they’ve got some serious QC issues.

Yes and yes. When you go from a company that does this for a living (Champion) to whoever RD got on the lowest bid (I'm sure) then this is what happens. Another example of cost cutting. And also an indictment of the garment industry. I've had the same thing happen buying "identical" shirts only to find them different cuts/fits/mfg locations. It's a race to the bottom in a disposable clothing culture.

Last edited:
Yes and yes. When you go from a company that does this for a living (Champion) to whoever RD got on the lowest bid (I'm sure) then this is what happens. Another example of cost cutting. And also an indictment if the garment industry. I've had the same thing happen buying "identical" shirts only to find them different cuts/fits/mfg locations. It's a race to the bottom in a disposable clothing culture.

Yea but the Champion shirts had similar issues. I have 3 previous w&d long sleeves with me this weekend that all fit different. The way things are made with certain dyes and from factory to factory make this an industry wide issue.

I was surprised how dark the entrance to Epcot was. The spot just before, or near, the Imagination Pavilion was super dark and very narrow. Hopefully everyone made it through there ok.

Congratulations to all those who’ve done the 5 and 10, top effort! Anybody know if family will be able to watch from the boardwalk for the half?

I was lurking here to find out more about the snack boxes...

Those were , without a doubt, the best races at a Disney park.

At Disneyland? Oh I have doubts. Many many doubts. Overcrowding in carsland, miles and miles of unending Anaheim pavement for the Half, UGH. As I finished my second Star Wars half there, and was approaching the end, I thought "I will never do one of these again here" I was THAT miserable on the course.

When she went to the Expo yesterday, they assured her that everything was set up the same way it had been in January.

Who assured her? With all the construction, to take the word of someone who might not have even been there in January, and doesn't the marathon weekend have different courses, wasn't a move I'd have made.

Having been a cast member, she contacted Security...who had no idea what she should do

How did she contact security? Why anticipate that they would know how things were set up for that morning?

I'm definitely super-sorry that she missed her event; that's no fun at all.

There was a road closure map in the Transportation section of the event guide. I checked and looked at it before posting my question.

Do you feel that the squiggles directly over road names with no key is a useful map? https://guide.rundisney.events/transportation/

OH after 20 minutes of staring at that and at the course map I figured out to click on that weird button on the right to figure it out. And if you click to make the large image larger (which I don't nomrally do, because in the past clicking on the course maps with rundisney yields a *smaller* course map image) it's more obvious. But I'm not sure why they couldn't have just broken it out; does 3 digital maps really cost disney that much more?

Yes, but shouldn’t shirts of the same manufacturer, style, size and material at least fit one person consistently? It sounds like they’ve got some serious QC issues.

I have 6 years of Champion shirts from disney events, each of which fit and feel differently (worse fabric and cheaper printing as time has gone on), to say they've had bad quality issues for a long time.

The almond Rocca was tasty and a nice treat.

I know what I'll be giving my cousin if they have that for Princess! Thanks to you brave Wine and Dine souls we'll be ordering the cheese product ahead of time (though I actually LOVED the hummus when it was in the box for TOT 2013 and was very sad when it went away), but almond roca is a no for me. And I live in the town where it's made!

Congratulations to all those who’ve done the 5 and 10, top effort! Anybody know if family will be able to watch from the boardwalk for the half?

I finally figured out the course map for it, and it looks like goes along there. In the past when a course goes through that area people can go out to watch it. BUT if you're not staying there it imght not be possible. I'm part of the Potterhead Running Club, and during the last races people I know who were not staying at BW weren't able to get into the parking lot in time to cheer for the runners.

Question as my niece is staying at the BWI and has a reservation for the CA Grill brunch tomorrow when the half marathon is going on. Her ADR is for 10:30 am; how much will the marathon impact the buses at BWI? Thanks and good luck to all you runners!

Staying at BWV and 4 of us did the 10k today. Buses won’t have issues coming and going but based on signage spectators won’t be able to get on the Boardwalk to cheers. Luckily we have a first floor Boardwalk view and can sit on our patio to watch the three family members run by.

Anyone get pictures yet for today? There are just 10 ‘on course’ photopass pictures in our mde and that’s all that’s loaded since 10am

I just want my character pics

Ps since idk if a PP posted but 10k characters:

start/finish:
Anna & Elsa
Chef Donald
Chef Mickey & Minnie
Chef Goofy

on course:
Mary & Burt
Chef Chip & Dale
Chef Daisy
Army Cadet on overpass (non meet)
Carl Fredrickson
Robin Hood
Bowler Hat Guy
Chef Pluto
Marie
Jiminy Cricket
Thumper
Lightning & Mater

Anyone get pictures yet for today? There are just 10 ‘on course’ photopass pictures in our mde and that’s all that’s loaded since 10am

I just want my character pics

Ps since idk if a PP posted but 10k characters:

start/finish:
Anna & Elsa
Chef Donald
Chef Mickey & Minnie
Chef Goofy

on course:
Mary & Burt
Chef Chip & Dale
Chef Daisy
Army Cadet on overpass (non meet)
Carl Fredrickson
Robin Hood
Bowler Hat Guy
Chef Pluto
Marie
Jiminy Cricket
Thumper
Lightning & Mater
I’ve got some but not all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter