Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Sorry I missed this group at the meetup. Came back to Beach Club after lunch at ESPN and lay down to rest for a few minutes and woke up two hours later!!! That’s what happens when you are old and get up at 2:30 several mornings!
Anyway, congratulations to all on the great racing this week.See you in January!
Sorry to have missed you as well! I think I saw you from afar in corral D today. Hope everything went well! And definitely hope to see you and your husband in January!

Congrats everyone! The weather was absolutely perfect!
For the party tonight, will we get a wristband or anything letting CMs know we are there for the party?
Yes there will be a check in spot at the entrances and inside the park if you’re already there.

2 questions since I forgot to read the letter that came with DH’s party ticket:
is there a special place to pick up the toast drink?
and does anyone know where to line up for the special 10th anniversary pin?
Thanks!

Congratulations!! Brenda and I enjoyed talking with you at the meet-up yesterday. Have a great rest of your trip and a safe flight home.

Thank you! It was lovely to meet you and Brenda yesterday, hope you had a great run too and all the best for the marathon in January! :)

Sorry I missed this group at the meetup. Came back to Beach Club after lunch at ESPN and lay down to rest for a few minutes and woke up two hours later!!! That’s what happens when you are old and get up at 2:30 several mornings!
Anyway, congratulations to all on the great racing this week.See you in January!
Nice meeting you today on the bus back from MK

Anyone have the hanging mile medal fall off?
Heard it hit the ground at one of the photo stops and noticed two others already on the ground.

Well, that was a rather disappointing after party, mainly due to crowds and long lines. The crowds and ride queues got better as the night went on, but the character meets didn't seem to get any better at all.

9pm - Epcot Forever fireworks, park closed to day guests and can only ride the 4 open rides (Soarin', Test Track, Spaceship Earth, Frozen) if you have a party wristband. I saw lots of people in very long queues for character meets that hadn't yet started.

10pm - Party starts. The "toast" wasn't really anything much at all, although was nice that they lit up the cauldrons around World Showcase. Lines completely insane at character meets (I heard someone say later in the night that it was like a 2-3 hour wait for some characters?). Also pretty long lines at the food and wine booths. World showcase was just very busy in general during this time.

12am - this is when the crowds thinned out by quite a bit. Lines for characters still looked insane (might have been cut off as I saw CMs hanging out near the end of the lines). No more queues at the food and wine booths.

Rides-wise

Soarin generally had a decent wait time throughout the whole thing - I rode it between 9-10pm, and again at around 11pm-ish, and both times the wait wasn't too bad at all (walk straight up to the FP merge line or beyond)

Spaceship Earth - was a walk on when I went on it (before 11pm)

Test Track - around 10pm-ish the posted wait time was 45 minutes. I got into the single rider line and saw that it was the longest I'd ever seen it, so decided to leave the queue. Later on I went back around 12.40am and it was deserted to the point that empty cars were being despatched and the CMs were telling us we could either design a car or just walk straight on through. They actually posted a standby wait time of 0 minutes at one point...

Frozen - Around 35 minutes posted wait time earlier in the night. Then dropped down, was around 20 minutes posted when I rode it after midnight.

I did get quite a few rides in so not too bad, but most of them were in the last hour after the queues all became much shorter.

Lastly, as the night went on, people were getting more and more tipsy and drunk around the world. I don't normally mind people having fun, but I do mind if they start screeching in my ear on rides, or start singing along drunkenly on the Frozen ride... Kind of spoils the ride for everyone else on the ride? I finally understand the whole "avoid Epcot at night during food and wine" thing now...

I don't normally mind people having fun, but I do mind if they start screeching in my ear on rides, or start singing along drunkenly on the Frozen ride... Kind of spoils the ride for everyone else on the ride?
To be fair, my husband and I were in the ride last night, "screeching" out the words to the song, completely sober, because when we normally come with our daughter we do the same thing and it embarrasses her, so we do it everytime we are on the ride. Just because people are being a little extra doesn't necessarily mean that they are drunk.

Other than that, I agree that the after party was just meh...

I had two great races and a great time overall! The weather could not have been nicer. I happily stand corrected on the race shirt sleeve length — turns out it was cool enough to wear long sleeves this weekend after all! Yay! Loved seeing all my fellow racers in their shirts and medals at the parks.

I got my best half time in many years, and generally had a really fun weekend. The after party was about what I expected, so I enjoyed it although I didn’t stay late.

Congrats to everyone!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter