Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Now my ten yo dd wants to come. I saw ten year olds on the princess 10k course. Do you think it’s doable? She’s a competitive swimmer—15 hours a week. Does the virtual 5ks. If she comes, her twin brother isn’t far behind. Have to decide before it sells out.

My now 11-year-old has done 3 10ks there (two while still 10). She is a gymnast and was able to do just fine without really training. I did get her to train just a little for Wine and Dine and she had more fun though!

Bummer. I’ll just have to be on the lookout to see if they reopen it. I’m hopeful because we’ve seen that happen as of late with other races. The 10k for Star Wars was sold out right away but reopened a few weeks ago. Wine and Dine continues to sell well and I’m sure Galaxy Edge being open adds to this!
Typically when that happens, the bibs come from unbundled challenges. Since the 5k is not part of a challenge, it is unlikely that additional bibs will be added. I recommend looking with travel agents.

My now 11-year-old has done 3 10ks there (two while still 10). She is a gymnast and was able to do just fine without really training. I did get her to train just a little for Wine and Dine and she had more fun though!
I think she can do it. Right after I posted I went to register her. Sold out. Decision made for me. Hoping somehow it opens again like Star Wars did.

Super weird- my friend tried to log in this morning at 6:58 (to get things going) and hit reload but didn't get in to register until 7:15am.. Meanwhile I logged in at 7:01 and got in almost immediately. Either way, both of us are in for the Half!

But to see if I can save myself some change, would a 10k time from July 4 2017 count toward the November event or does it need to be from November 2017 or later? (I used to run so many races but just haven't been doing them more recently).

Super weird- my friend tried to log in this morning at 6:58 (to get things going) and hit reload but didn't get in to register until 7:15am.. Meanwhile I logged in at 7:01 and got in almost immediately. Either way, both of us are in for the Half!

But to see if I can save myself some change, would a 10k time from July 4 2017 count toward the November event or does it need to be from November 2017 or later? (I used to run so many races but just haven't been doing them more recently).

It has to be between November 1, 2017 and July 30, 2019. I had a race from Sept 2017 that I wasn't able to use so I feel your pain!

In for the challenge. First trip to WDW and first runDisney race since Dopey 2018. Just the thought of the long flight from Australia though...

EEEKKKKK!!! A fellow Australian!! I'm so excited to see you here. We're in Melbourne and can't wait to see if we bump into one another :)

It has to be between November 1, 2017 and July 30, 2019. I had a race from Sept 2017 that I wasn't able to use so I feel your pain!
I'm really panicking now about proof of time! I indicated that I'd finish in under 2:45:00 but now that I've looked back over the few race results I've had in the qualifying period I'm just slightly over that and I really don't want to start in the last corral and have to run my butt off and not get to enjoy the atmosphere and photo ops for fear of being swept. What do I do?
I'm franticly looking for an officially timed 10km race in my area before the cut off date and there's slim pickings. There is one timed 10km event on 28 July but is that leaving it too late?? HELP!!!

I'm really panicking now about proof of time! I indicated that I'd finish in under 2:45:00 but now that I've looked back over the few race results I've had in the qualifying period I'm just slightly over that and I really don't want to start in the last corral and have to run my butt off and not get to enjoy the atmosphere and photo ops for fear of being swept. What do I do?
I'm franticly looking for an officially timed 10km race in my area before the cut off date and there's slim pickings. There is one timed 10km event on 28 July but is that leaving it too late?? HELP!!!

Put your estimated finish time as the first option over 2:45. Corral F is a huge corral but if you get there early and in the front of it, there isn’t much traffic. I’ve PRed twice so far from F and with W&D being a smaller field, you shouldn’t have a problem.

Put your estimated finish time as the first option over 2:45. Corral F is a huge corral but if you get there early and in the front of it, there isn’t much traffic. I’ve PRed twice so far from F and with W&D being a smaller field, you shouldn’t have a problem.
Will that still allow me time to enjoy course highlights or am I in real danger of being swept? I'm in Australia so I measure my runs in km's. I've worked out that a 16 min mile is equivalent to a 10 min km and my current pace is around 7.5-8.0 min per km.
I'm assuming that any 10km race that is officially timed by something like Tomato Timing chips is an acceptable proof of time?
Sorry first time runDisney runner here who's terrified I've just blown a lot of cash and will be starting in the last corral :(

I notice that Star Wars weekend still has 10k bibs available. Will we see 10k bibs coming up again for Wine and Dine by any chance?

I'd say that depends entirely on how well the challenge sells. When 10k bibs are made available like that, it's usually due to challenge bibs being split into their component 10k and half marathon bibs in an attempt to sell them. If the challenge sells out in the next few months there's not going to be a source for new 10k bibs.

Looks like the 5K is now listed as full in addition to the 10K
I'm surprised to see that given how registration has gone for recent races... there were spots available for longer.

Do you think they've held any back for some reason that they'll open later?? Or has demand picked back up some? Maybe due to early SWGE opening, people figuring they'll do both?? Can't imagine that they've shrunk the total registrations available... no reason to leave $$$ on the table... ;)

I'm surprised to see that given how registration has gone for recent races... there were spots available for longer.

Do you think they've held any back for some reason that they'll open later?? Can't imagine that they've shrunk the total registrations available... no reason to leave $$$ on the table... ;)
Yeah I’m also surprised but we could be seeing the impact of SWGE already. People could be coming for that and the races. You also have Halloween weekend. People will be going to that as well.

Yeah I’m also surprised but we could be seeing the impact of SWGE already. People could be coming for that and the races. You also have Halloween weekend. People will be going to that as well.
Yes! I thought about that and edited my post right away -- you're too fast!! :laughing:

I wouldn't worry about starting in the back. Get there early if you want to start in the front of your corral, that will buy you a few minutes.

Are the tickets for the after party up for sale yet? I didn't notice it upon checkout, and I know it was a separate purchase in the past...

It is included! I need to buy tix for my husband and daughter who are "only" doing the 5K.

I had luck two years ago asking for 3 tickets on disboards... many runners don't go and gladly will donate them to you! I was able to get all three without any problem and met up with those disboarders in the parks. Worth a shot to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter