• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

I can’t help but wonder if moving the 5k has something to do with consolidating the locations of the weekend’s events. Since the 10k course has seen frequent changes since its introduction, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more changes when we do finally see the 2019 course maps. Just a hunch...
It may well have to do with that. I think they’ll see a decrease in registrations if they go with that model.

It may well have to do with that. I think they’ll see a decrease in registrations if they go with that model.
Definitely! At least they announced this change before the majority of participants had registered based on historic information. I wish they were in the habit of announcing race themes prior to registration begins too. That is a big factor for many runDisney runners!

I am not happy with the change. This was my favorite 5K.

I haven't had a chance to run the W&D 5k course yet, so disappointed there. But on the plus side, hopefully this will mean a change to tech shirts for all the 5k races, getting away from that awful cotton shirt they've had up until this point.

Definitely! At least they announced this change before the majority of participants had registered based on historic information. I wish they were in the habit of announcing race themes prior to registration begins too. That is a big factor for many runDisney runners!
Yeah. Once again, too bad for us DVC and AP folks who’ve already registered.

I’m super mad. I had a feeling last week this was going to happen since the website didn’t have the start or finish areas listed for any race.

Yeah, I’m not too happy with this. I love running through AK. It’s one of the main reasons I signed up for this 5k, and helped push me to sign up for this weekend in general - other things as well, but this being my favorite 5k helped...

Just noticed that the 5K will now have a tech shirt...

... I have to go back and change sizes...

First Wine and Dine for me, so I am so disappointed to hear about the 5k course change! I know it's very early, but if anyone is unable to attend the post party and might have an extra ticket I could have or purchase for my daughter, please let me know!

Well now I don’t feel mad/upset about missing the 5k....

This also disappoints me that it wasn’t made public before AP and DVC early registration.

On the plus side, finally a switch to tech shirts for the 5ks!

That news helps me make my decision on doing all three races or not...but knowing my luck it'll be a typo and will still be in AK.

Lurking in after hearing about the 5k course change. I'm really glad I talked myself into the 5k two years ago solely because I thought running at AK sounded neat and the Pandora part with the bumpy bridge added some "variety."
My all time favorite course is still the 5k through the world because it was my first ever race and I ran the whole thing in the dark (something I don't think I'm fast enough to do on longer courses.) I'd love to do that course again but sad for y'all that AK is not an option this year.

WOOHOO TO 5K TECH SHIRTS IF TRUE!!!

Gee, how come everyone's not thrilled to run the exact same 5k as every other weekend past all the idling diesel exhaust-emitting buses in the Epcot parking lot? I'm shocked! (Channeling my best Claude Raines from Casablanca)

Bummer on the 5k course changing, I loved running the 5k in DAK for Everest & Wine and Dine weekend. Made it different. I'm still glad I'm signed up as I haven't done a Disney 5k since 2017 Dark Side, but would have preferred the DAK course.

But Yay for Tech shirts for the 5k, super happy about that.

I'm a little edgy planning for November. I signed up for the half largely due to the historical course, and I will be so sad if they totally revise that as well. I'm going to keep reminding myself that it is still a very fun race, regardless of which part of the course goes into a park.

Unless they’re changing at least the 10K course somehow...
I hope they do.... hated last year’s course with all the overpasses and maybe only two miles of park time if even that

Since the 10k course has seen frequent changes since its introduction...
I’ve run all 3 10Ks this weekend all of them different courses
(Plus all three had different expo layouts and the one non w&d had yet another expo set up lol)
Definitely! At least they announced this change before the majority of participants had registered
Unfortunately not before AP/DVC
On the plus side tech shirts hopefully the key art theme/medals will be cute

So maybe a dumb question here. I've done the Princess races for the last several years, but this will be my first Wine and Dine. Do runners dress in costume like they do for the princess races? I know it's optional, but the pictures look like there are fewer costumes.

So maybe a dumb question here. I've done the Princess races for the last several years, but this will be my first Wine and Dine. Do runners dress in costume like they do for the princess races? I know it's optional, but the pictures look like there are fewer costumes.
No different than any runDisney race. Costumes are very popular. You might see more food related costumes such as chef mickey or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter