• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

OK - here goes ... the masses have spoken, so everybody pencil in:

Official 2017 Wine & Dine Weekend RunDay FunDay Happy Hour Meet-up!
When:
Sunday, Nov. 5
Where: Hurricane Hannah's (Pool Bar at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club)
Time: 7-8 p.m.
What: Like my other meet-ups, I'll run a tab for the first round of drinks of your choice - beer, wine, water, Powerade ... you name it! Let's celebrate the weekend and hydrate a little before the "long walk" to the International Gateway to get our post-party on!

I'll do a headcount closer to the event so I can give the bar a heads-up on attendance!

You are awesome. Sad I can't go. Sadder I'll be home by then and not at disney anymore :(

Because I can't leave my initial plans well enough alone...can I ask a Food n Wine strategy question? I'll call it "fueling" so it stays on topic.
It will be my hubby & I and our 5 yr old daughter. We are going to hit up Food n Wine on Wed prior to race weekend. We also want to see Pandora a little bit (River journey and food more important than FOP...I get queasy on Soaring and kiddo and hubby hate 3-D things)
Thur is our mega MK and race expo and MK day.

So would you rather?
A) Animal Kingdom at rope drop
Safari and stuff (I have a Yak n Yeti lunch ADR)
hotel break
Go to Epcot for Food n Wine booths for dinner

OR
B) Hit Epcot first and attempt Frozen Ever After at rope unless we get FP+
Eat at the F&W booths right when they open for lunch
hotel break
Pandora at night when it's all lit up
Satuli for dinner

My original plan was A but I'm leaning B now after stalking Pandora threads and can't make up my mind. I get overwhelmed in the main threads, so sorry for the off-topic topic :)

It's quite nice going around the world showcase early when it's really quiet! I would go with B and get to Animal Kingdom before it gets dark so you can see Pandora in the light as well. Frozen is a cute ride, it's worth doing in my opinion.

When:
Sunday, Nov. 5
What: Like my other meet-ups, I'll run a tab for the first round of drinks of your choice - beer, wine, water, Powerade ... you name it! Let's celebrate the weekend and hydrate a little before the "long walk" to the International Gateway to get our post-party on!

I'll do a headcount closer to the event so I can give the bar a heads-up on attendance!

Yah! That's so kind of you! Will be lovely to finally meet you in person!

Because I can't leave my initial plans well enough alone...can I ask a Food n Wine strategy question? I'll call it "fueling" so it stays on topic.
It will be my hubby & I and our 5 yr old daughter. We are going to hit up Food n Wine on Wed prior to race weekend. We also want to see Pandora a little bit (River journey and food more important than FOP...I get queasy on Soaring and kiddo and hubby hate 3-D things)

So would you rather?
hotel break

OR
hotel break
Satuli for dinner

My original plan was A but I'm leaning B now after stalking Pandora threads and can't make up my mind. I get overwhelmed in the main threads, so sorry for the off-topic topic :)
B sounds great... But I would wait to see what FP you get to decide.

r

So would you rather?
hotel break

OR
hotel break
Satuli for dinner

I would go B too. Lunchtime around the booths isn't as crowded it seems compared to evening, hit your first booth right as they open like you mention and you'll be off to a good start keeping ahead of long lines or at least that has been our experience. People aren't as loopy at lunchtime either it seems since sometimes the evening can bring out a few that have had a few too many.

Does anyone have any idea when we'll hear the schedule of signature events? Last year the information was released the week before the 4th of July. This year, F&W starts even earlier, and here we are AFTER the 4th of July with nothing except a couple of weekends Cat Cora plans on being in town. Watch, I'll go ahead and book a room only reservation, plan my life around it, and that will be the weekend with the Cupcake Jump 'n Shout instead of Party for the Senses. I'm starting to get grumpy, and starting to think about just skipping the whole thing this year and just spending a few days in New Orleans at our own Food & Wine Festival.

So would you rather?
hotel break

OR
hotel break
Satuli for dinner

I prefer F&W for lunch when it opens. Better quality food and less lines.

When:
Sunday, Nov. 5

Hey! It'll be 2 of us, though Ryan isn't a runner. He does ride his skateboard with me for some runs to keep me company :) Thanks for the invitation!

Hey! It'll be 2 of us, though Ryan isn't a runner. He does ride his skateboard with me for some runs to keep me company :) Thanks for the invitation!

Haha! I'll be bringing my Ryan with me, as well, even though he's not running either.

Does anyone have any idea when we'll hear the schedule of signature events? Last year the information was released the week before the 4th of July. This year, F&W starts even earlier, and here we are AFTER the 4th of July with nothing except a couple of weekends Cat Cora plans on being in town. Watch, I'll go ahead and book a room only reservation, plan my life around it, and that will be the weekend with the Cupcake Jump 'n Shout instead of Party for the Senses. I'm starting to get grumpy, and starting to think about just skipping the whole thing this year and just spending a few days in New Orleans at our own Food & Wine Festival.

I would guess they'll be released around the time of the TIW preview event, which is on July 15 this year. I can't remember when the event was last year.

Funny how little facts makes me happy regarding the Wine and Dine runs...

Sunrise on the morning of the 10k is at 7:39AM which means that most of the race will be pretty dark.
Then, we change time during the night... One more hour of sleep!
Sunrise for the half is at 6:40 which means it will look much brighter.

What a great weekend for a challenge!

Funny how little facts makes me happy regarding the Wine and Dine runs...

Sunrise on the morning of the 10k is at 7:39AM which means that most of the race will be pretty dark.
Then, we change time during the night... One more hour of sleep!
Sunrise for the half is at 6:40 which means it will look much brighter.

What a great weekend for a challenge!

This gives me a lot of anxiety, because I fear I'll screw up the time change and miss the race or something.

When:
Sunday, Nov. 5

Adding it to our calendar! Thanks Keels!

So would you rather?
hotel break

OR
hotel break
Satuli for dinner

I'd go with B.

This gives me a lot of anxiety, because I fear I'll screw up the time change and miss the race or something.

Oh gosh, I'm already having nightmares about oversleeping.

The extra hour is such great timing, though! I have an overnight flight from the west coast and I get in at 6am or something on Saturday.

Thanks for everyone responding to my off-topic topic. I have updated my planning spreadsheet with option B = F&W for lunch. I'm thinking we'll find ourselves back again for other noshing but glad to get one out of the way before race weekend hits.

And I woo-hoo to an extra hour of sleep. Although I'll be wide awake anyways.

I would guess they'll be released around the time of the TIW preview event, which is on July 15 this year. I can't remember when the event was last year.

June 25th, 2016, was last year's preview and that was the day they were released. Thank you! I feel much less insane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter