Official Wine and Dine 2017 thread

I get DFB emails daily and yesterday's had U-Tube video of Epcot snacks. I was watching it in bed last night and DH snatched my iPad out of my hands saying "What is THAT?" It's pretty amazing how many times we've been and how many things we still haven't tried! I love the videos as well. Pictures are worth more YUM value! Doesn't help the diet though....

Yes, that's the exact video I watched before starting down the rabbit hole of looking at booth pictures from last year.
I always want to eat everything when I read that site...then I get to the actual parks and I'm too full from whatever prior meal we ate or I'm hot etc. and I never eat as much as I wish I could. #firstworldproblems

Just wanted to let anyone know that might be interested that we canceled a CA Grill reservation for 2 on Sunday @11:25.....wife had made two.

I registered for the challenge and got a two days ticket with Park Hooper and 1 Fun. I am trying to squeeze it all in and prepare for FP... :scared:

Friday Nov 3 is fly to MCO, checkin and go to the Expo
Saturday Nov 4 is run 10k and visit a bit of the parks
Sunday Nov 5 is run Half, rest (or waterpark) and Party
Monday is checkout, visit the parks and late fly back

Trying to understand the timing of the 10k... Can anyone confirm the following?
2:30 Wake-up or is this too early?
3:00 Bus to start
3:30 to 5:30 Wait and be placed... Will there be any photos opportunities?
How long before I cross the starting line if I am in one of the mid-corral?
Even if I stop to take pictures, will I finish later than 7:30? I run a 10k in less than an hour.
I am thinking hopping on the monorail for either a breakfast at Captain Cook or in the Magic Kingdom... Wouldn't that be faster than waiting for a bus anyway?

I registered for the challenge and got a two days ticket with Park Hooper and 1 Fun. I am trying to squeeze it all in and prepare for FP... :scared:

Even if I stop to take pictures, will I finish later than 7:30? I run a 10k in less than an hour.
I am thinking hopping on the monorail for either a breakfast at Captain Cook or in the Magic Kingdom... Wouldn't that be faster than waiting for a bus anyway?

2:30 isn't too early for me, we do that but like time to eat & fully wake up before heading to the earliest bus.

Last year the 10k bus started at 3:30 - here's from the event guide :
TRANSPORTATION HOURS FOR DISNEY WINE & DINE 10K PRESENTED BY MISFITT
3:30 a.m. – 5:00 a.m. and 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
10K participants must board buses no later than 4:00 a.m. in order to make it to their corrals by 5:00 a.m.

There usually are character photo ops set up before hand you can wait for. Corrals seem to open up I think an hour before.

If they are doing the mini waves and sending corrals off faster, it may be only a 15 minutes wait. It used to be it seemed 10 minutes between each corral, but they seem to be going faster with the mini waves now.

If the monorail is running when you leave maybe, although you'll have 2 monorails to take changing at the TTC, a bus directly to the Poly might actually be faster They seem to get people on and out on the buses pretty quick after races I think & they pick up pretty close to the finish versus walking to the monorail station.

Yes, that's the exact video I watched before starting down the rabbit hole of looking at booth pictures from last year.
I always want to eat everything when I read that site...then I get to the actual parks and I'm too full from whatever prior meal we ate or I'm hot etc. and I never eat as much as I wish I could. #firstworldproblems

Need to watch this video! I'm so excited to be going back during Food and Wine, 2015 was the last one we went to and I've been dreaming about the Hawaiian Pork Sliders ever since!

I'm still making the add adjustment here and there to our dining reservations, it's so hard to know for sure when you know park hours will change and you haven't got your FP times!

I'd take the bus if you're going to the Poly and take the monorail if you're going to the Magic Kingdom. It's a decent walk back to the monorail so I'm a fan of the buses after a race.

I know a bunch of y'all are planning to meet up at Cali Grill brunch (enjoy! It's delicious!)

But if anyone is interested, I'm going to host a "Sunday FunDay" Hurricane Hannah's Happy Hour prior to the start of the post-race party on Sunday. I'm thinking 5-6pm ish ... in case people have dinner plans. Or 7-8pm in the event people don't!

Just like January, one hour of drinks is on me! Hurricane Hannah's is the pool bar at the Yacht & Beach Club and is perfect walking distance to finish a cocktail on your way into International Gateway to start your World Showcase celebration!

Let me know what time works best for everyone!

I know a bunch of y'all are planning to meet up at Cali Grill brunch (enjoy! It's delicious!)

But if anyone is interested, I'm going to host a "Sunday FunDay" Hurricane Hannah's Happy Hour prior to the start of the post-race party on Sunday. I'm thinking 5-6pm ish ... in case people have dinner plans. Or 7-8pm in the event people don't!

Just like January, one hour of drinks is on me! Hurricane Hannah's is the pool bar at the Yacht & Beach Club and is perfect walking distance to finish a cocktail on your way into International Gateway to start your World Showcase celebration!

This sounds fabulous. How thoughtful and generous of you!! I'm in. I plan on eating dinner while drinking around world showcase.
Either time suggested sounds good.

We are flying out Sunday afternoon so will miss it :(. I'm hoping to run into y'all at the race or in parks.
But everyone who is worried about not knowing people or feeling shy/anxiety...you SHOULD go to this! The Tink weekend meetup ended up being so great. Everyone was super friendly and easy going despite my worry that I'd somehow start being "weird"

If you're leaning towards 7-8pm, then pencil me in!

Does the post-race party allow entrance prior to 9pm to Epcot? Information on the event is pretty slim on runDisney's website. I'd love to see Illuminations but I haven't decided yet which parks I'm going to on which dates; I have a 3-day base ticket for the weekend.

The party at Hurricane Hanna's sounds fun. 7-8 would be my preference.

I am in! Either time is good for me. I'll probably eat something at Hurricane Hannah, Ale and Compass or Beaches and Cream while waiting for the party.

Hey all! runDisney newbie here! Question... can you submit proof of time for the 10K or is that just for the half? The website says it's not required for the 5K or 10K, but CAN you submit one if you don't want to be thrown in the last corral?

Hey all! runDisney newbie here! Question... can you submit proof of time for the 10K or is that just for the half? The website says it's not required for the 5K or 10K, but CAN you submit one if you don't want to be thrown in the last corral?
No, there isn't anywhere to submit PoT for the 5K or 10K. What is asked is your estimated pace - that will determine your corral placement.

This sounds so fun! We have an ADR at La Hacienda at 7:15, so 5 would be amazing. If you're not staying at YC/BC, can you access Hurricane Hannah's?? (we will be at the Swan)

This sounds so fun! We have an ADR at La Hacienda at 7:15, so 5 would be amazing. If you're not staying at YC/BC, can you access Hurricane Hannah's?? (we will be at the Swan)

Yes you can access from outside the pool area.

I made the mistake(read great decision) of watching some of those DFB videos and now I have an ADR at the Plaza for Plaza Loaded Fries! :)

Ok, so with the recent construction walls put up at the International Gateway, it appears that the Gondola system is being placed there. However, the area with construnction walls was a go to area where they would have some form of course track because it is good way to connect the Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk, and Hollywood Studios to Epcot for a course. However, with this not available what changes could this have on a potential new part of the course.

That is so generous of you, and sounds fun! I'd love to come, and BFF will tag along too! We're doing brunch, but just planning to nap and relax after brunch before the after party and getting a drink with Disers sounds like a perfect way to kick off the party! We're flexible on time as we don't have any dinner reservations. Saving room for F&W!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter