• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Wine and Dine 2016 thread

I was on the "Complete Form" page for both myself and my wife. She's pretty upset. She's going to be anxious for a whole week thinking we won't get in.
It'll be much easier to get in next week. More availability.

Early registration is locked down - its just done after the fact. When you sign up you indicate which early registration option you have (AP, DVC, Cast Member) and they go through that list and compare it to records. If you're not a DVC member, AP holder, or Cast Member your registration is cancelled.

One time links could be done but would be expensive for Active to implement (and they have problems scaling as is)

Disney/someone REALLY goes through all the trouble? To cross reference?
Not to be sour, but that seems mighty time consuming & hard to believe.

Everything is closed out. Oh well. My husband got the half, nothing for me. So annoyed even though I know how the game is played--can't believe EVERYTHING was on hold at 12:02pm. SERIOUSLY? I got to the 'who are you trying to register' page and then got kicked to the hold.

That was so disappointing. I was in. I had logged into active. And then when I selected my name, I got a hold. I thought I had done something wrong. This was right at 11:00. I kept getting that hold and sent back to the screen where I could select myself. Eventually, it took me back to the main page with the holds. So I hit refresh for 45 minutes and now the challenge is sold out... going to try again next week I suppose...

Same happened here. SIGH

Keep in mind that there were a very small number of spots available today. Next week won't be anywhere near as fast.

What you CAN take away is how to prioritize your registrations if you have multiple to do...10K sold out first, then challenge, then 5K, then half. I'd expect the same next week.

The jackets are a nice lightweight fleece. Not too heavy or warm. You can return anything you buy during registration. Exchanges can be difficult though, because they do not always have other sizes available.

We always get the full pin bundle (like to put them on the medals) because we have had issues with pins, usually the challenge, being gone by the time we get to the expo. Went for the runners bundle this time too, since we usually will get the hat if it looks neat, and were planning on a tumbler.

Thank you for the advice, that is helpful. I didn't even think of the pins, we just completed our first Disney trip and this will be my first run, so it's all new. Thanks again, I'll go check out the items.

Go to your AP or DVC Page -> 2016 Benefits (AP Page) -> rD Page -> refresh, refresh, refresh -> Register!
bcarey, Belated THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I followed your instructions exactly and got registered. You really, really helped and I so appreciate that. Without your instructions, I probably would have fumbled and stumbled.

Keep in mind that there were a very small number of spots available today. Next week won't be anywhere near as fast.

What you CAN take away is how to prioritize your registrations if you have multiple to do...10K sold out first, then challenge, then 5K, then half. I'd expect the same next week.
This will (hopefully) be my 4th Disney race. We've done 2 marathons and the Dopey Challenge last year. I've never had trouble like this. I thought I was prepared and I had done everything right. Active accounts. Refresh constantly starting at 10:45 (Central Time here). Clicked the links as soon as they were up. F5 again. In at 11:00. Then 11:02 I'm stopped. Right before I check out. I should be celebrating right now.

This will (hopefully) be my 4th Disney race. We've done 2 marathons and the Dopey Challenge last year. I've never had trouble like this. I thought I was prepared and I had done everything right. Active accounts. Refresh constantly starting at 10:45 (Central Time here). Clicked the links as soon as they were up. F5 again. In at 11:00. Then 11:02 I'm stopped. Right before I check out. I should be celebrating right now.

Same here, it is pretty frustrating--I too initially got in. ARGH! Next week, right? I am just running out of excuses to block off two hours mid day!

bcarey, Belated THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I followed your instructions exactly and got registered. You really, really helped and I so appreciate that. Without your instructions, I probably would have fumbled and stumbled.

You're very welcome. I posted the link last year to help folks (didn't know any better) .... So this year I just stayed around to help ... I'm too new at this and I understand the challenge of figuring out the secret handshake!

Brian

Does anyone know where they are going to end the course? I would like to make hotel reservations, and I want to be near wherever it ends.

In for Lumiere's Challenge & the Holiday 5k....hoping my brother's family all get in for the 5k next week cause than I get to run with my niece & nephew, which will be cute! Oh & went ahead and went back and put my proof of time in at Active, I do like that better than the old emailing or links thing.

It will finish at Epcot

I wouldn't print that too quickly.

If the Star Wars half goes off better (i.e. Nearly painless). I'd be shocked if they didn't follow the same path. Or similar... Starting at Epcot and ending at ESPN .... Mid path tbd.

It gets everyone out of the parks well before opening.

Brian

Congrats to everyone who got in!

I'm excited to be back here. Didn't think hubby would be up for another Disney race, especially a morning race, but last night he gave me the go ahead to book us for the Challenge (if we can get in)! It will be nice to have a "do over" after last year's half of a half.

Congrats to those who got in!!! Hopefully those who missed out on early registration will have better luck on the regular registration day. I remember last year that the AP/DVC registrations went insanely fast and while the regular registration also went quick it wasn't as quick as early registration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter