***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

@DJFan88 thanks for the live update. If you are staying onsite what time did you catch the bus and from what resort?

We made it to bus stop around 620 but bus didn't come until about 635 or 636. We are at WL and it went direct on the way to, it only shared on way back.

Thank you for letting us know. I've been stressing over the fact that HS has been opening sooner than the posted time of 7am. We plan on being at the bus stop by 5:45 to make sure we catch the first bus but I'm paranoid it won't show up until 6:30 and we won't be to HS until 6:50 and the lines will be crazy by then. You give me hope.

You should be fine. We didn't even get a bus until after 630 and didn't get to stop till 620.
Different resorts run different of course, but after staying at AllStars last week and this week at WL, I can tell you that IMO WL bus is worse and we made it just fine. In fact, after SDD, there was still a 5 min. wait on TSM, so we hopped on that. Then we had time to head to a 5 min. wait on ST before heading back for our AS2 FP at 835.

Shhhh on the refresh tactic. Its a secret. Haha. Besides, the people on here are a very small portion of the people in the parks and most of them are oblivious to the method. And we all want it to stay that way. lol .But seriously. Ive gone on MDE yesterday and today and couldve been able to get FPs for Slinky. It only took about 5 minutes yesterday but this morning took about 10. If you use refresh you can pretty much find anything at some point, including FOP and 7DMT. Slinky and TSM will be no different. People are always modifying or canceling FPs so things pop up a lot more than you might think.

12:40 PM EST Wait Time update

105 minutes for Slinky Dog Dash
70 minutes for Alien Swirling Saucers
65 minutes for Toy Story Mania

From Touring Plans
Aliens expected at 20 minutes
Slinky expected at 90 minutes
Toy Story Mania expected at 50 minutes.

12:40 PM EST Wait Time update

105 minutes for Slinky Dog Dash
70 minutes for Alien Swirling Saucers
65 minutes for Toy Story Mania

From Touring Plans
Aliens expected at 20 minutes
Slinky expected at 90 minutes
Toy Story Mania expected at 50 minutes.

Wow. If TP is right, that's quite a discrepancy between the posted and actual wait time on AS2!

Shhhh on the refresh tactic. Its a secret. Haha. Besides, the people on here are a very small portion of the people in the parks and most of them are oblivious to the method. And we all want it to stay that way. lol .But seriously. Ive gone on MDE yesterday and today and couldve been able to get FPs for Slinky. It only took about 5 minutes yesterday but this morning took about 10. If you use refresh you can pretty much find anything at some point, including FOP and 7DMT. Slinky and TSM will be no different. People are always modifying or canceling FPs so things pop up a lot more than you might think.

Is the "refresh tactic" only for the phone app or does it work on the computer, too?

We also rope-dropped Toy Story land today (July 3rd). Left our room at Art of Animation at 5:45 am and luckily snagged a bus at 5:50! We were through bag check and turnstiles by 6:20 and held on Hollywood Blvd behind about 100 people. They did “scoot” us up about 20 ft so that folks could grab Starbucks if they wished. At 6:40 they walked us back to Toy Story land and all rides were open. We lost a little ground on the way there but were still OFF slinky dog by 7 am. Waited 10 minutes for AS2 and then walked on Toy Story Mania. Took a photo pass pic with the entrance sign and out of the land by 7:45 am.

Is the "refresh tactic" only for the phone app or does it work on the computer, too?

It's just a matter of keep hitting a different time button back and forth and each time you hit one it gives new stuff. You can do it at home on your computer,but you won't see much available then as people think they know what they are doing. But you really see the stuff open up day of when everyone's juggling based on what their actual needs end up being. We get all kinds of stuff for 4th FPs, etc., Then just keep modifying it until the exact timing I want pops up. If you don't give up, you'll get it. It's a great bus activity.

It will work on the computer too but that will only be able to modify plans ahead of time. I have done this multiple times at my 60 day mark if I get a FP that doesn't work great with our schedule. The refresh works best in the park so consequently on your phone.

Happy people got to ride today! What did you guys think of the rides?

Planning to be there for 5am tomorrow, kind of excited to be there for the opening!

I only got to ride Saucers since they closed the line for Slinky around 8 PM Friday. Its a fun little ride, but certainly not worth a multi-hour wait. You are in the vehicle in back getting towed by the saucer. It has I believe 4 rotating circles and when you reach a certain point, it transfers you from one to the next one right in between a couple of other saucers. The "tractor beam" also bends on turns, so you will be swung a little. When I did it, it went 1-1/2 circuits.

Line to get in TSL winds through Chinese theatre old queue and past Commissary

So, So, So Glad I found out they opened early and drove the hour and a half down rather than going Opening Day as I had originally planned.

Disney needs to start preparing now for the Galaxy's Edge opening. If Toy Story Land is this bad I can't imagine how bad that will be.

They'll have a CM on the exit from I-4 holding an "End of Line Sign". LOL.

It works on either but generally the idea is, make FPs out where you can for what you want. If what you want isnt available, dont fret. Ive waited until the day before to make FPs. But, the way it works best is on your phone the day of because as people cancel, modify, juggle, change plans, The FP system is live and as you refresh you get different choices, times, etc. Just because something says there are no FPs left, doesnt make it true for the whole day. It may be true at that moment, but, its a fluid situation. Does it take some patience? Absolutely. But its certainly doable.

Just want to clarify something. If I only booked 2 fastpasses in advance for HS (booked SDD and ST), on the day of, can I try to book another tier 1 after using the two pre-booked? Or do I have to book 3 ahead of time to do this?

Just want to clarify something. If I only booked 2 fastpasses in advance for HS (booked SDD and ST), on the day of, can I try to book another tier 1 after using the two pre-booked? Or do I have to book 3 ahead of time to do this?

You'll need to use 3. You can always book one for a ride that you can simply "tap into" that you are close to and not actually ride if you want to clear your first 3 fast.

Have to use the first 3 before adding another tier 1.

You'll need to use 3. You can always book one for a ride that you can simply "tap into" that you are close to and not actually ride if you want to clear your first 3 fast.

Can I book it and let it expire? or do I have to tap into it?

But I can just book 2 (including a tier 1 at one park) and book another tier 1 same day at another park, right?

We bought this package too. Does it make sense to not start until 10 when the park closes at 830? My first experience with any type of event like this. I just assumed it would start at park close.
Star Wars fireworks are scheduled at 9pm that night. I guess the 2 exclusive hours will begin after that is over. There is a thread for all the Dissers who bought the package. I'm sure people will be posting updates there and I guess official information will be posted on the webpage that Disney provided in the reservation confirmation email.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter