***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I too was noticing the waits are much more manageable today. I know its still early--but watching as we arrive in a couple of weeks--can anyone tell me if there is still land capacity issues to get into TSL today? Also, if anyone is there today, how is it like (crowd/wait wise) for Woody's lunch box? Is mobile ordering working there now? Thanks!

The only thing I am critical about with the land--is we just can't understand why there is no Pizza Planet in TSL, ha ha...love the Woody's lunch box concept...but I was hoping for an indoor restaurant too and maybe a play area similar to the one in Honey I Shrunk the Kids...who knows maybe they will expand in the future.
dont get me started on the lack of indoor seating at a place that 60-70% of the time it is too hot to bear eating outside.

I too was noticing the waits are much more manageable today. I know its still early--but watching as we arrive in a couple of weeks--can anyone tell me if there is still land capacity issues to get into TSL today? Also, if anyone is there today, how is it like (crowd/wait wise) for Woody's lunch box? Is mobile ordering working there now? Thanks!

The only thing I am critical about with the land--is we just can't understand why there is no Pizza Planet in TSL, ha ha...love the Woody's lunch box concept...but I was hoping for an indoor restaurant too and maybe a play area similar to the one in Honey I Shrunk the Kids...who knows maybe they will expand in the future.

The land did not close to capacity today. We were in there twice with no issues. We had a FP for alien and another for toy story.

I was told the mobile ordering for that area is not working yet. A CM told me that they weren't ready for that yet and the lines were very long. We ate at 50's for lunch.

Avatar is LITERALLY the worldwide #1 grossing movie of all time and out-grossed all three Toy Story movies combined.

Again... maybe you missed it from the announcement up until almost opening day the majority (maybe vast majority?) of Disney fans were not excited about Pandora or didn’t expect it to work, especially in Animal Kingdom.

But let’s move on and keep it on Toy Story Land.

Seeing it completed, while it doesn’t blow me away, it does seem pretty awesome. I can’t wait to see it in person. I’m not expecting Pandora but I am excited and think it passed my (low) expectations. Seems like another winner for Disney.

Last edited:

I known I’m sorry I’m annoying with this question but now that the park is open do we know the photopass spots???

The land did not close to capacity today. We were in there twice with no issues. We had a FP for alien and another for toy story.

I was told the mobile ordering for that area is not working yet. A CM told me that they weren't ready for that yet and the lines were very long. We ate at 50's for lunch.
Were you able to get a 2nd Toy Story FP after you used your first tier 1? We got the new rides, but were unable to get TSMM during our trip. Wondering how easy that might be for a 4th FP while we are there once we use our pre-planned 3 FP.

These kinds of crowds always occur when something new opens. I was at the opening of ToT and there was 3-4 hour waits and no one complained. We all just had a good time. Or there was not social media like there is now, so we just didn't hear all the complaining LOL.
Same thing happened at Universal when the Harry Potter areas open. Maybe they need to take a page from Universal on this one and offer FP's to return to just enter the land. It worked fairly well when the area's first opened. And they still use that method if the crowds get too bad (Like at Christmas Week)

I known I’m sorry I’m annoying with this question but now that the park is open do we know the photopass spots???

Yesterday morning I saw someone getting a Photopass picture taken in front of the Pixar Ball, so there's definitely one there. The guy asked the Cast Member if there were any others and she said something about it just being a couple right now, and then he asked about a magic shot and she said yes but I didn't hear where she said - he was really excited and went running off towards the entrance, but not sure exactly where that is. Sorry, not sure how helpful that is!

The only thing I am critical about with the land--is we just can't understand why there is no Pizza Planet in TSL,

I thought of that too. My guess is that they just refurbed PizzaRizzo near the Muppets and didn't want to have 2 pizza places close to each other like that.

We are planning to rope drop TOy Story Mania on July 17 but now I’m wondering if this was silly in my planning! I was hoping that since it’s not the “newest” ride we could easily RD it with our 15 month old. Please let me know any tips, etc to make this happen! We are staying at AoA and would like to use the buses. Thanks!

I thought of that too. My guess is that they just refurbed PizzaRizzo near the Muppets and didn't want to have 2 pizza places close to each other like that.

Maybe but do we really need another bad pizza place in WDW.

The only thing I am critical about with the land--is we just can't understand why there is no Pizza Planet in TSL

Because the theme of the land is Andy's backyard and sticking a full-scale restaurant in there wouldn't fit with that. Hence why what they have is Woody's Lunchbox. Still no excuse for the lack of shade!

Disney's excuse for the shade is having trees wouldn't be thematically consistent. Like I said, no one cares about that when they're broiling in the summer sun.

I should note that it's just "Toy Story Mania" now, not "Midway Mania." Disney had been marketing it by the shorter name for a while but the old sign still included "Midway." The new entrance's sign makes it consistent.

I used Mobile Order at Woody's Lunch box for lunch today around 11:45. They still have a little work to do on the mechanics of picking up your order (which I'm sure they'll sort out in the coming days) but it is indeed working. BTW, the Briscuit sandwich is REALLY good.

We are planning to rope drop Toy Story Mania on July 17 but now I’m wondering if this was silly in my planning! I was hoping that since it’s not the “newest” ride we could easily RD it with our 15 month old. Please let me know any tips, etc to make this happen! We are staying at AoA and would like to use the buses. Thanks!
Should be easy. Everyone there early is trying to get on the new rides. We were there opening day at 7 and walked in and right on TSM. You won't even have to rush or be in the early mob since you're not trying for SDD.

Yesterday morning I saw someone getting a Photopass picture taken in front of the Pixar Ball, so there's definitely one there. The guy asked the Cast Member if there were any others and she said something about it just being a couple right now, and then he asked about a magic shot and she said yes but I didn't hear where she said - he was really excited and went running off towards the entrance, but not sure exactly where that is. Sorry, not sure how helpful that is!

We did a Photopass near Aliens with Buzz in the background.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter