***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Hold the phone lol I thought soft openings were out the window....
Disney said: "We are welcoming Guests on June 30, opening day, without pausing for a soft opening or previews."

The D23 TSL preview on the 22nd will take place before DHS opens. It begins with a buffet breakfast for 100 members at the Brown Derby, followed by a tour of TSL conducted by WDI. It's schedule to conclude by 9am. It may also include a FP for TSM afterwards.

It's just one of many small and very large private events and previews. DHS will be a beehive of TSL pre-opening activity beginning on the 14th. Most of it will not be that noticeable to day guests.

Disney said: "We are welcoming Guests on June 30, opening day, without pausing for a soft opening or previews."

The D23 TSL preview on the 22nd will take place before DHS opens. It begins with a buffet breakfast for 100 members at the Brown Derby, followed by a tour of TSL conducted by WDI. It's schedule to conclude by 9am. It may also include a FP for TSM afterwards.

It's just one of many small and very large private events and previews. DHS will be a beehive of TSL pre-opening activity beginning on the 14th. Most of it will not be that noticeable to day guests.

Ah so no going on rides, then, at this event? That’s indeed different than a soft open. Thanks!

Can you tell me when and how this invite went out to d23 guests. Typically a post would appear on notifications even if it’s remobed immediately and there has been no such thing

The preview went up today and was gone in minutes.
Ok there is no source of that. A screen shot and maybe it’ll be settled. Not even d23 confirmed when I asked them. Typically they’ll say an event is full. They don’t deny it flat out.

Ok there is no source of that. A screen shot and maybe it’ll be settled. Not even d23 confirmed when I asked them. Typically they’ll say an event is full. They don’t deny it flat out.
I had a poster confirm that it went live 9 minutes later than it was supposed to and she didn’t get in.

D23 events are very hard to get into.

My apologies that poster was talking about the Pixar Pier event. I’m not sure about the toy story land event though.

As I said though D23 events are incredibly hard to get into.

My FastPass window opened this morning. I had no trouble getting AS2 at 60+4, SDD at 60+6, and FoP at 60+3* at the times I wanted. Strangely, the only ride causing an issue for me is Everest at AK. There are times, but either one would force me to totally change up my touring plan.

*There were no morning times for FoP, but I was planning to go in the afternoon anyways.

My FastPass window opened this morning. I had no trouble getting AS2 at 60+4, SDD at 60+6, and FoP at 60+3* at the times I wanted. Strangely, the only ride causing an issue for me is Everest at AK. There are times, but either one would force me to totally change up my touring plan.

*There were no morning times for FoP, but I was planning to go in the afternoon anyways.

Thanks for the info. I'm trying to nail down a strategy for my FP day on 7/3. Always good to have this kind of info!

It's always possible it was not an event open to any and or all D23 members. Do they have a board or something? I belong but know little about it's operation, if there are "executive" level members of some sort. Anyway, if there are, it's possible they were they only ones to be invited, so that it wasn't even something you signed up for, it was something they signed YOU up for, if that makes sense.

No idea mind you, just taking a shot at my guess

I would be so happy to hear that both of you rode! Even if you’re limited in what you can tell us about SDD.

If you go into SDD expecting RnR or Everest you will be disappointed... If you go knowing it is an intermediate coaster you will enjoy it. It isnt really a kid coaster, but still kid friendly. I would take my kids on mine train first to be sure they could do SDD. The lap bars will be a little uncomfortable on larger people, they have a piece that comes down on the open end a few inches that can weird if you pull it down all the way.[/QUOTE]

If you go into SDD expecting RnR or Everest you will be disappointed
I'm backstage regularly and and have seen it operate so I do know what to expect. But unless they invite the working non-DHS staff to ride it during the previews, I won't be riding it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter