• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Ugghh. Slinky down against this am. That makes two mornings I woke up for this. The line cutting once a queue is formed is simply awful. A rope along that umbrella path would help.

Rope drop was at 700am. Tapstiles at 630
I am so sorry to hear that slinky dog is down, especially after gettin up so early. Hopefully it gets going soon!

I am planning a last minute trip in September. We haven't made FP+ reservations yet but I am going to assume that the FP+ are gone. The AP morning event will be going on while I am there. Is there any point in trying to do rope drop when people are already in the land? I wondering if we should skip HS entirely this trip as we are only going for 4 days.

Not sure if this was said before, but don’t stand on sidewalk at rope drop. They keep that clear.

Also I was happy to see that the people that tried to cheat the line by going through Starring Rolls were held back.

This morning they didn’t scream at people to merge at the umbrellas and they let people merge until almost the tapstiles. That sucked because once the front of the pack settled in line by the umbrellas the back of the pack just forced their way in.

I will be making FP+ soon and with only a four day trip I know TSL FP+ will be difficult to find. Assuming I even have a choice, would it be better to get a FP+ for SDD or AS2? I've heard that AS2 is incredibly slow loading especially if only one side is operating. Just wondering what the consensus is.

I am planning a last minute trip in September. We haven't made FP+ reservations yet but I am going to assume that the FP+ are gone. The AP morning event will be going on while I am there. Is there any point in trying to do rope drop when people are already in the land? I wondering if we should skip HS entirely this trip as we are only going for 4 days.

This is what I'm thinking as well. I think in Sept. (during the ap mornings), the advantage of rope drop is going to be EXTREMELY diminished if not a total waste. It's pretty aggravating as a regular paying guest. I think having it at night would have been much more "fair," and still allowed exclusive access for APs.

Does anyone know the dates of the AP passholder morning events? We had originally planned to get to TSL at opening since we did not get FP+, but are wondering if there are certain days to avoid. We are AP, but stay offsite and did not get in on the special events.
I believe every day in Sept., except Sun.'s and Mon.'s.

FWIW, people don't think the AP crowds are going to be that big since the entire thing sold out in a few hours...
a few hours would be two and I think it was less than two hours it sold ( all the time slots filled up) so I too do not think it will be that crowded. I am going the first day along with a few other DIS member so there will be a few accounts of this on the DIS

Well, have checked TSL out now. Slinky is as expected, a cute designed small coaster...my 9 year old son enjoyed it.

AS2 was pretty boring, my son was questioning why i picked it to ride (answer: because had to check out new ride). Really is a kiddy ride.
Still think TSM is the more fun option there. Have another Slinky FP so will use it, but wouldn't be devastated if we didn't.

The raspberry tart was pretty good..son liked the alien punch.

Overall, guess it's what I what expected..something else to do there, but won't be must do in future.

Last Friday, August 10th, I attended EMH at Hollywood Studios and I thought I would give a quick summary.

I stayed at All Star Movies and was out at the bus stop at 6 am. This was a bit too early as the first bus didn’t come until 6:24 am. I did check the app from my room but it was still saying “bus every 20 minutes” so I headed out so I didn’t miss the first bus.

We got to HS at 6:36 am and were dropped off at the old bus loop which I was grateful for. I was expecting a long walk to the entrance. I took this next picture as I walked quickly to the bag check at 6:38 am.

There was only one or two people in front of me for bag check and I was through quickly. They were already letting people into the park so I entered and then ran into this on Hollywood Blvd.

I don’t think we stood there for more than a few minutes before they made the announcement that Toy Story Land would open early and started leading us back to the land. It was pretty chaotic at first with people trying to find short cuts to get to the front of the pack.

Once we rounded the corner to Toy Story Land, I started filming the crowd walking in.

As you can see by this next photo, I entered the Slinky Dog line at 6:51 am

A few more pictures from the line.

I think I waited about 10 minutes total. Here’s my ride photo. Not sure why my eyes are closed.

And a picture of Wheezy at the end of the ride.

I absolutely loved Slinky Dog. It was just thrilling and long enough to satisfy me. I’m getting to the age where RnRC and Space Mountain hurt and give me headaches so Slinky is a great alternative to those more intense coasters.

Once I finished up on Slinky, I headed next door and walked straight onto AS2.

I only had to wait through one ride to get on the next one. I ended up videoing the ride. Please ignore my insane laughter in the background, the ride was just a whole lot of fun!

Next, I looked around a bit and then headed to TSM which was also a walk on. I took some photos in line but most of them turned out blurry since I was walking and taking them at the same time.

I got shuffled over to the third track which was a first for me. There was a Mom in line behind me with two smaller children and she asked me to ride with her daughter which I had no problem doing. I got a pretty decent score and so did the little girl for her first time ever on the ride.

I was happy to see the plastic monkeys in the exit.

I stopped and took a couple of horrible selfies at the Checker Wall and the Popsicle Stick Wall.

Next up, I wanted to meet Jesse and Woody before it got too hot so I got in line. This was the longest wait of the morning, I was in line for about 20 minutes. I took these pictures while I was waiting.

And my picture with Woody and Jesse. They both loved my Slinky Dog shirt and purse.

After that I decided to get back in line one more time for TSM and I got my highest score ever. I was so bummed that I didn’t break 200,000. Some day!

By the time I got off of TSM the second time, EMH was over and the crowds were pouring into TSL. I was going to get something at Woody’s Lunch Box for breakfast but it was already hot and crowded so I headed out instead. I did stop and wait in a short line to have my picture taken with the TSL sign before heading off to other areas of the park.

Anyone there now know if the Alien popcorn buckets are still being sold or if they're still being sold out as soon as they're put out? Headed there at the end of September and would LOVE to get one!!!

Anyone there now know if the Alien popcorn buckets are still being sold or if they're still being sold out as soon as they're put out? Headed there at the end of September and would LOVE to get one!!!
They sold out that first day. Reports are they will have more in January.

Has anyone seen reports with a PPO breakfast at Hollywood and Vine since TS Land opened? I'm wondering if it helps get ahead of rope drop crowds into TS Land?

Has anyone seen reports with a PPO breakfast at Hollywood and Vine since TS Land opened? I'm wondering if it helps get ahead of rope drop crowds into TS Land?

I think that since they've been opening earlier than stated for TSL it's negated any benefit of a PPO ADR

Between the morning EMH and what will soon be the AP events on most days in September I don't think it's a good deal.

I haven't followed this thread, but we're just back from our trip and I thought I'd just mention this recent experience for anyone not into rope-dropping Slinky. We got in line at 10:20pm (10:30pm park close) -- posted time was 45min and our actual wait was 22min. I'd much rather wait at night when it's cooler and everything is lit -- it's all really cute.

I think that the entire land is adorable. I do think it's a shame that there is no place to get some quick A/C except in the bathroom! I think the lack of a store and sit-down restaurant is a shame, personally.

Based solely on where Hollywood and Vine is in relation to the ropes, I can't see it being helpful. In fact you could get stuck behind a lot of other people. It's really only beneficial if you want to sign up your kids for Jedi Training without having to wait in that long line at opening.

So I don’t get it. The land opens at 7 am? So they r opening up even earlier. This is what we saw in June at the other parks. It’s like extra magic hours don’t exist anymore. There is no order to anything. I mean ya u pick what u want to do but to get a jump on kings you have to get a jump on the jump. So pretty soon people will be showing up at 5 am. Its like they r for if you to go earlier and earlier. We gave up after day 3 of the trip. We showed up at magic kingdom at 745 and people were already in for a while it seemed. Thankfully we go very often so it is getting to matter less and less but you just can’t even predict anything g anymore.

Last Friday, August 10th, I attended EMH at Hollywood Studios and I thought I would give a quick summary.

I stayed at All Star Movies and was out at the bus stop at 6 am. This was a bit too early as the first bus didn’t come until 6:24 am. I did check the app from my room but it was still saying “bus every 20 minutes” so I headed out so I didn’t miss the first bus.

We got to HS at 6:36 am and were dropped off at the old bus loop which I was grateful for. I was expecting a long walk to the entrance. I took this next picture as I walked quickly to the bag check at 6:38 am.

There was only one or two people in front of me for bag check and I was through quickly. They were already letting people into the park so I entered and then ran into this on Hollywood Blvd.

I don’t think we stood there for more than a few minutes before they made the announcement that Toy Story Land would open early and started leading us back to the land. It was pretty chaotic at first with people trying to find short cuts to get to the front of the pack.

Once we rounded the corner to Toy Story Land, I started filming the crowd walking in.

As you can see by this next photo, I entered the Slinky Dog line at 6:51 am

A few more pictures from the line.

I think I waited about 10 minutes total. Here’s my ride photo. Not sure why my eyes are closed.

And a picture of Wheezy at the end of the ride.

I absolutely loved Slinky Dog. It was just thrilling and long enough to satisfy me. I’m getting to the age where RnRC and Space Mountain hurt and give me headaches so Slinky is a great alternative to those more intense coasters.

Once I finished up on Slinky, I headed next door and walked straight onto AS2.

I only had to wait through one ride to get on the next one. I ended up videoing the ride. Please ignore my insane laughter in the background, the ride was just a whole lot of fun!

Next, I looked around a bit and then headed to TSM which was also a walk on. I took some photos in line but most of them turned out blurry since I was walking and taking them at the same time.

I got shuffled over to the third track which was a first for me. There was a Mom in line behind me with two smaller children and she asked me to ride with her daughter which I had no problem doing. I got a pretty decent score and so did the little girl for her first time ever on the ride.

I was happy to see the plastic monkeys in the exit.

I stopped and took a couple of horrible selfies at the Checker Wall and the Popsicle Stick Wall.

Next up, I wanted to meet Jesse and Woody before it got too hot so I got in line. This was the longest wait of the morning, I was in line for about 20 minutes. I took these pictures while I was waiting.

And my picture with Woody and Jesse. They both loved my Slinky Dog shirt and purse.

After that I decided to get back in line one more time for TSM and I got my highest score ever. I was so bummed that I didn’t break 200,000. Some day!

By the time I got off of TSM the second time, EMH was over and the crowds were pouring into TSL. I was going to get something at Woody’s Lunch Box for breakfast but it was already hot and crowded so I headed out instead. I did stop and wait in a short line to have my picture taken with the TSL sign before heading off to other areas of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter