***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

I was able to look for the EMM. Not offered during the week of Thanksgiving:(

Visited TSL for the first time Monday evening. I was able to get a same day FP for Slinky by refreshing the app multiple times. There was tons of lightning but the rides didn't shut down. Buzz had a 15 minute wait, Jessie and woody had a 1 hour wait. There were a couple of people in line for food but nothing crazy. Slinky was awesome! Will ride Aliens and eat there at the AP event in 2 weeks. While I LOVED TSL, I can't see going during the day/Past 10 am. I'm surprised Disney put AC in the restrooms, there's nowhere to hide from the heat. Also, the new bus stop is brutal. Not covered, no shade and crowded. I'm taking an Uber in September instead of dealing with that mess.

Just wanted to give an update from our visit to TSL on Monday (the 20th). We are here now and loving our trip! Anyway, we checked in Sunday and Monday, intended to be leaving the resort at 6:15. (Staying at POR) Finally left ~6:30 (ugh) and accidentally took the long way around WDW to HS. Found parking and wow. Y'all weren't kidding when you said the parking lot is under construction. Since we were there early we didn't have to walk from the back of the lot, BUT they weren't running the trams. That was rough. Between that and bag check it was about 7 when we got into the park. High-tailed it to TSL and went straight to SDD. We got in line and there was someone with a sign saying 45 mins! But we only waited about 15-20, so not bad even though it was likely open for 15+ at that point. A CM kindly took our stroller to park it in the queue. SDD was amazing but my kids (8 & 5) came off crying. The queue is really cute. Walked onto AS2 after that. We had FP+ for TSMM at 8:20, so we rode it first with a 10 minute wait before our FP. After, we met Buzz, then got a Photopass shot in front of SDD. Meandered a bit and were done by ~9:30!

Thoughts:
- Really cute theming. Just so well done. Kids will LOVE it. Adults who generally love anything Disney should appreciate it too.
- SDD - we had watched videos on Youtube to prepare the kids. It's way more intense than it seems and very fast.
- Even as we left at 9:30 am, it was NOT crowded. And with the lack of shade, I definitely recommend doing it in the morning.
- If you FP SDD, you could easily ride TSMM over and over again with minimal wait. It was shocking how short that line was!

Hey guys, I have a question about Andy's Lunchbox
We're on quick service dining plan, so what can we consider a meal?
can we consider a meal = 1 brisket sandwich + 1 side (like tomato soup or that potatoes dish) + 1 grown up lemonade (alcoholic drink)?

I find confusing this 'why can we include and consider a meal' all the time.
I mean, it's hard to know which alcoholic beverage and which side can be included on a meal using quick service dining plan... Disney should make it clear (like those great snacks icons we have on snack itens on the menu)

I have a question about "rope-dropping" SDD. We're going to HS on 9/30 and using EMH, which start at 8am. We'll probably try to arrive at the park between 7 and 7:30. Touring Plans is saying that the wait at SDD right at opening will be 43 minutes, which seems impossible. Can anyone who's done a similar plan tell me what their wait was like?

I have a question about "rope-dropping" SDD. We're going to HS on 9/30 and using EMH, which start at 8am. We'll probably try to arrive at the park between 7 and 7:30. Touring Plans is saying that the wait at SDD right at opening will be 43 minutes, which seems impossible. Can anyone who's done a similar plan tell me what their wait was like?
This my plan also for the 9/16, I will let you know how it’s goes. Has anyone done this since they stopped the daily EMH in the am?

This my plan also for the 9/16, I will let you know how it’s goes. Has anyone done this since they stopped the daily EMH in the am?

This is my question as well. What is rope drop looking like at normal park opening (9am)? I feel like the summer numbers could be wrong since daily very early EMH is different than what is happening now.

I was there in July right after Toy Story land opened. We had EMH at 7:00. We walked over from BC and arrived around 6:50. We waited about 15 min for SDD. They had even opened toy story land earlier...around 6:45ish and we still only waited about 15 min.

We were there on the 20th and got through the gates at around 7 for 7 am EMH. They were opening TSL early then. The posted wait was 45 minutes and we waited less than 20.

The problem is that Touring Plans thinks that you are getting to the park when it opens, not waiting 30 min+ before park opening to be the first at the turnstiles. So, its estimates are based upon you being behind everyone. I have the issue all the time with FOP in my plans. I am having it in my November DHS plans too. Once you get enough anecdotal info, you can substitute the ride for a break.

What time do you suggest being there for a 9am opening to ride SDD first thing. I hate the running of the bulls so to speak but will do it once so we can get out of the park earlier becuase the only FP I could get were in the evening. There is a passholder even that morning if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into how booking FP+ for SDD has been going? I'm booking on 9/11 (it's a shorter, four day trip), so I'm predicting availability will be questionable. We would like to schedule ours for the evening. Thanks for any help!

Just wondering if anyone has any insight into how booking FP+ for SDD has been going? I'm booking on 9/11 (it's a shorter, four day trip), so I'm predicting availability will be questionable. We would like to schedule ours for the evening. Thanks for any help!
A friend of mine just tried at 0700 on her 60 day mark and couldn't get SDD over 5 days. Disclaimer is I'm not positive she worked backwards or went for that first. She asked for my help after the fact.

What time do you suggest being there for a 9am opening to ride SDD first thing. I hate the running of the bulls so to speak but will do it once so we can get out of the park earlier becuase the only FP I could get were in the evening. There is a passholder even that morning if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
We got to DHS this morning a little before 8am, for a 9am opening with a passholder am. We were the 3rd family to the front of the turnstiles. Once they let us in, they just let as go, there was no holding us further up the road. You just got to go right to TSL which REALLY helped spread folks out and not so much crowding. We did Alien and TSM by 9am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter