• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Toy Story Land Information Thread

Do you think AP previews would affect TSM? I have SDD fastpasses and don't have any interest in AS2 as it would make me sick most likely. My plan was to RD TSM before heading to TT. Do you think that I would be able to experience low waits at both of these?

Has anyone looked at HS wait times today??? Basically the whole park is showing as temporarily closed.

se6s7k.png

My apologies if this has been answered in the thread.

We decided to stay off site for our trip next month. There are EMH every morning, which we won't 2be able to take advantage of. For those arriving after EMH, have you had success with SDD in the morning? The day we are going there are morning AND evening EMH hours. Not ideal under any circumstances.

We decided to stay off site for our trip next month. There are EMH every morning, which we won't 2be able to take advantage of. For those arriving after EMH, have you had success with SDD in the morning? The day we are going there are morning AND evening EMH hours. Not ideal under any circumstances.

If you can't move your day around to avoid a PM EMH day, then that's going to be rough.

For the morning you'll be looking at long waits by the time you get back there. Then with PM EMH it won't let up much. I'd pick to ride as late as you can so you see everything lit up and so it's a couple degrees cooler without the sun beaming on you.

I'd be prepared for decent waits either way. I'd figure AS2 will be 30-45 min and SDD about 60-120

Do you think AP previews would affect TSM? I have SDD fastpasses and don't have any interest in AS2 as it would make me sick most likely. My plan was to RD TSM before heading to TT. Do you think that I would be able to experience low waits at both of these?

I would expect the previews to affect TSM.

All depends on how many people are in each preview group. If it's say 200 people per group then you might have a good shot at TSM being under a 45 min wait at rope drop. Really won't know until the first preview or two happen. I expect majority of people to be as SDD and TSM. AS2 looks more for real little kids, so I'll probably do it once then be at the other two rides. I'm anticipating many others thinking the same.

I would expect the previews to affect TSM.

All depends on how many people are in each preview group. If it's say 200 people per group then you might have a good shot at TSM being under a 45 min wait at rope drop. Really won't know until the first preview or two happen. I expect majority of people to be as SDD and TSM. AS2 looks more for real little kids, so I'll probably do it once then be at the other two rides. I'm anticipating many others thinking the same.

We plan to ride Aliens once and then hit Mania as many times as possible. We have 2 FPs for Slinky during our trip, so if we get a ride in during the event then fine, but not a big deal.

I'm also hoping for a character meet during this event.

We're also going next month (week of August 20) and likewise staying off property. We've been going to DW for the last couple of years during this same week. So last year I messed up and planned an EPCOT day during its morning EMH when we were staying off property. While that was not the best decision, it was also not the end of the world. Crowds were low, and we got to ride everything (some twice) without any horrifically long waits (except for TT which was having tech difficulties).

This year, we too can't avoid morning EMH at HS because they're having them every day of our week. We want to see TSL during the day and the evening so we're going to enter as early as they'll let us after the EMH crowd, head straight to TSL and do as much as possible, fill the middle of the day with other HS activities then come back to TSL in the evening. I'm already warming up my fingers for all the fastpass refreshing I plan to be doing.

So what I'm trying to say is that while your situation is not ideal, you may have chosen the best time to be in that situation.

I made some updates to the first page.

I am making a call for reviews to add to the first page. If you have written one in this thread or would like to and want it added to the first page please post/link me to that review so I can link it. I would love reviews specifically for EMH times, rope drop, and dining.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter