Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

The new Holiday Inn is on Manchester I believe. There is an ART stop on Manchester but I'm not sure which hotel it is in front of. That being said, it is totally a walkable distance to the expo, corrals and parks. See if this map link works so you can see where it is at. I stayed at the Howard Johnson you will see near the Holiday Inn and it was about a 20 min walk to the corrals and an 8 min walk to the parks.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/''/...866625728a6090e!2m2!1d-117.912966!2d33.812123

As for Suttles, I've been looking into this myself and from SNA to most of the area hotels it looks like super shuttle is around $11 each way.

ETA: The ART shuttle on race weekends just takes you to the shuttle drop off near the esplanade. So really from Manchester you're only saving yourself about a 5 minute walk on race morning.

Awesome! Thank you for the details! I have been looking at the Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites...it's like $88/night and incl. breakfast (not needing it on race morning but still!)...it's on the ART route too, but might be a little further walk from the parks and corrals. I am thinking it might be worth my cost to move a little closer so I can walk to and from the parks faster...but I've never been to DLR so maybe it's not bad from any of the good neighbor hotels! :)

Thanks again

Awesome! Thank you for the details! I have been looking at the Best Western Plus Raffles Inn & Suites...it's like $88/night and incl. breakfast (not needing it on race morning but still!)...it's on the ART route too, but might be a little further walk from the parks and corrals. I am thinking it might be worth my cost to move a little closer so I can walk to and from the parks faster...but I've never been to DLR so maybe it's not bad from any of the good neighbor hotels! :)

Thanks again

You'll find that so many of the good neighbor hotels are within walking distance. Its pretty nice. And if you're a little further away you can always hop on ART if you dont feel like walking one day. I've never been by BW Raffles but it looks like you could walk to the corrals on race morning. Technically you could even walk to the parks is probably doable but a bit on the longer side. I'm booked at Best Western Stovalls for Star Wars and Tink this year. Haven't stayed there since I was a kid but lots of runners stay there because its so close to the corrals and they open the breakfast room early on race mornings for runners from what I hear.

edit post to remove, the link was okay but I'm not sure I was supposed to post it (just to a hotel near DLR but still)

Last edited:
You'll find that so many of the good neighbor hotels are within walking distance. Its pretty nice. And if you're a little further away you can always hop on ART if you dont feel like walking one day. I've never been by BW Raffles but it looks like you could walk to the corrals on race morning. Technically you could even walk to the parks is probably doable but a bit on the longer side. I'm booked at Best Western Stovalls for Star Wars and Tink this year. Haven't stayed there since I was a kid but lots of runners stay there because its so close to the corrals and they open the breakfast room early on race mornings for runners from what I hear.

We ended up finding a sale at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park--RIGHT next to the BW Stovalls and thus close to corrals and finish lines woohoo! Now to find someone who will give me a better deal on airfare darn it! :)

We ended up finding a sale at Quality Inn & Suites Anaheim at the Park--RIGHT next to the BW Stovalls and thus close to corrals and finish lines woohoo! Now to find someone who will give me a better deal on airfare darn it! :)
Nice!!! Funny I just got a great rate for the BW Raffles that I just booked! Still have Stovalls booked too. I'll decide later if I'm going for cheaper or closer :) And waiting for Southwest to release flights and then have a sale! Good luck on finding airfare!

ETA: what site did you find the sale on for Quality Inn?

Nice!!! Funny I just got a great rate for the BW Raffles that I just booked! Still have Stovalls booked too. I'll decide later if I'm going for cheaper or closer :) And waiting for Southwest to release flights and then have a sale! Good luck on finding airfare!

ETA: what site did you find the sale on for Quality Inn?

hotels.com!! ridiculous b/c I'd been looking at that same hotel during the day yesterday but then last night it was like $30 cheaper/night! sold. (I paid like 350 for 3 nights, 1 person king bed, free bfast) also, they are nonsmoking...I have horrible luck in "nonsmoking" rooms when there are other rooms that allow it (helloooo poor HVAC systems!), and I end up getting sick. So it was like triple bonus! Cheap and close :) I felt like BW Raffles was a GREAT price too but it was just not as close as I was hoping for.

I <3 SW but living in Fargo, ND, they don't fly here, and I'm not driving to Minneapolis just for a cheaper flight...although I admit it's what we're doing in Nov for our secret surprise bday/holiDisney extravaganza haha!

I stayed there last year for Tink. If you use the ART shuttle to go to the parks that weekend instead of walking, there's a stop right across the street in front of Denny's.

I stayed there last year for Tink. If you use the ART shuttle to go to the parks that weekend instead of walking, there's a stop right across the street in front of Denny's.
So how does the ART shuttle work? Lets say I'm staying at Stovalls and I walk to the parks in the morning but decide to take the shuttle back at night. Can I do that? How do I know which shuttle to get on?

So how does the ART shuttle work? Lets say I'm staying at Stovalls and I walk to the parks in the morning but decide to take the shuttle back at night. Can I do that? How do I know which shuttle to get on?

Their website shows all of the routes. Once you know which # route you're on, you head to that number in the bus area to the right of the main Disneyland gate. If it is your first time riding, tell them you are with the race weekend and they give you a ticket. Just tell the driver which hotel you're staying at you're good to go!

There is always some confusion about where you are supposed to get these tickets. Some info says the expo but I have never found a booth. I always get them from the first driver I speak to for the weekend. Every time you board after that, you present your ticket.

Their website shows all of the routes. Once you know which # route you're on, you head to that number in the bus area to the right of the main Disneyland gate. If it is your first time riding, tell them you are with the race weekend and they give you a ticket. Just tell the driver which hotel you're staying at you're good to go!

There is always some confusion about where you are supposed to get these tickets. Some info says the expo but I have never found a booth. I always get them from the first driver I speak to for the weekend. Every time you board after that, you present your ticket.

Awesome! Thank you!

I know the lady I spoke with at runDisney said that the expo will give you a pass for the whole weekend (anyone going to run in or watch the races) but I am glad I saw your post, I'll ask the ART driver...especially if I use it to get TO the expo! ;)

Stovall's is Rte 9. Is that sad I know that? :rotfl:And like Wink25 mentioned, they say you can get them at the expo, but I've never seen a booth either and just got mine from the driver. The one downside to the shuttle is that, at least for that route, there's only 1 van so if you miss it and depending on traffic you could be waiting up to 30 min.

I

It's super easy. I used ART last wk end when I was at the expo. Since the temps were 99+ degrees I took the ART from the Sheridan Park Hotel to DL. I had trouble trying to get the ticket so I just paid cash when I got on. I was $3.00 one way. You have to have the exact change and I used it both Friday and Sat. You can also look up detail on the ART website too. They are suppose to have actual schedules but twice they were late.

Stovall's is Rte 9. Is that sad I know that? :rotfl:And like Wink25 mentioned, they say you can get them at the expo, but I've never seen a booth either and just got mine from the driver. The one downside to the shuttle is that, at least for that route, there's only 1 van so if you miss it and depending on traffic you could be waiting up to 30 min.
Hm, maybe I'll take a detailed look around the Expo at Disneyland this year and see if I can find where for future references.

Hm, maybe I'll take a detailed look around the Expo at Disneyland this year and see if I can find where for future references.
It's probably there and knowing me, right out in the open. I've just become so blind at the expos b/c they've pretty much all become the same. I just get my bib, merch, check out Raw Threads and rD if there are new medals. Even when I was at RnR San Diego, it was the same and they used to have a great expo but they're all generic to me now. :sad2:

Heck I'm just excited to do the expo w/o my (now 5) kids in tow! I might just take my dang time signing the huge wall, and shaking my head at the high prices of shoelaces ;)

On a side note, is it posted anywhere the start time on Thursday for the expo? I'm sure it's nutso at the beginning but it's my main plan for the first day, getting into CA kind of early...

It's probably there and knowing me, right out in the open. I've just become so blind at the expos b/c they've pretty much all become the same. I just get my bib, merch, check out Raw Threads and rD if there are new medals. Even when I was at RnR San Diego, it was the same and they used to have a great expo but they're all generic to me now. :sad2:
And I normally take a lot of time at the expos to explore everything. I'm wondering if it's one of those combined all in one booths down at packet pick up. I will definitely investigate at Disneyland. I'm getting there before it opens on Thursday as usual, so I'll have time to look at everything.

Or I could cheat and ask my Spev friends who work the Expo if it exists when they are doing set up next week.

Heck I'm just excited to do the expo w/o my (now 5) kids in tow! I might just take my dang time signing the huge wall, and shaking my head at the high prices of shoelaces ;)

On a side note, is it posted anywhere the start time on Thursday for the expo? I'm sure it's nutso at the beginning but it's my main plan for the first day, getting into CA kind of early...

They haven't, and probably won't until closer to but the Expos usually start at the same time on the first day, at 10am. Depending on what your goals are it may not make a difference what time you get there. I know the queues start for the crazy people (like me) at 6am. These days I mostly do this to talk with the other runners while we wait and to see what changes they make each year that I can pass along. If you get there before 10 am there will be different places to wait depending on what you plan to go to: the runDisney store for official merch, Dooneys, or packet pick up are the three now that they've changed the New Balance virtual queue thing I think?

I know I won't be in early enough for like, the special shoe grab and such that I've read about, but I was hoping it was open before, say, noon. I don't remember how early it opened at my last runDisney race, plus it was at WDW...and I had all 4 kiddos w/ me (3 of them ran though :) one was 9 mo old)
thank you :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter