• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

Gah! I didn't have reliable internet for the last little bit so I never got to come check in before race weekend. I hope everyone had a great run!! Current;y on the phone trying to order my photos from the race and then might go stop by the parks for a short while to get some photos with my medals!

Thanks, Belle Ella, for this check-in thread and info!

I had a fun weekend ~ parkhopped after the 10K and ended up with 45,000 steps/almost 21 miles per my phone just for that day!

And, met @wehrengrizz as we walked back to our hotel area at the end of that very long day! So cool to meet a fellow DISer just by chance! My friends were impressed!!

I had a fun weekend ~ parkhopped after the 10K and ended up with 45,000 steps/almost 21 miles per my phone just for that day!

And, met @wehrengrizz as we walked back to our hotel area at the end of that very long day! So cool to meet a fellow DISer just by chance! My friends were impressed!!
How awesome that you got to meet up with another DIS'er!!

I'm really sad with myself for not being able to try and set up a skeet meet up for us if anyone had been interested.

I *think* I saw a fellow DIS'er at the Expo Thursday morning who I had the pleasure to meet a few years ago. But I wasn't 100% sure it was her so I didn't say anything.

:rolleyes1

That was definitely a highlight for me to meet you too! So many DISers have given amazing tips and advice that it makes my family's trips so much better...even though they think I'm the expert it's a collaborative effort! @hiroMYhero your friend was speaking my language with her talk of being in musicals, then to find your "alternate ego" lol how cool!
I loved the course for the 10K and I think I'd have a hard time finding any other rD race comparing to that as far as seeing so much in one swoop!

i had such a great time at race weekend -- can't wait to sign up for 2017!! :-) this 1/2 was my fastest rundisney half but my slowest 10K...lol
was able to get everything I wanted at the expo Thursday morning and have a blast during our 7 days at the parks
we enjoyed a cabana at GCH during the week when it was warm and cancelled our cabana at DLH on Saturday since the weather wasn't stellar!

I'm so glad I did this race! I PR'd the Half so I'm still pretty pleased about that. My friend and I had a great time and photopass did an excellent job on the photos! I can't do this one every year but I'm hoping I can do it again at some point ;)

I know I saw something about this...somewhere...but I have no photopass pictures at the finish line (10K)...? Are there ever more and I'm just not looking at the right thing? Thank you :)

Loved this race. My DD and I did the 10K, but we loved everything about the weekend. I wish runDisney could simplify the events at WDW as much as they have simplified this one. Everything here was so much easier. First of all, we stayed at Paradise Pier and the easy access to the Expo was great. It was so nice to be able to get to the exhibitors without having to fight your way through everything. We actually visited the Expo 3 or 4 times because it was so easy to get to. Since we were on Eastern time, getting up for the race on Saturday morning was no problem. And the best part of all was that the starting line was right outside our hotel. We didn't have to get up at 3:30 am like we do in Florida, and we didn't have to wait for two hours for the race to start. It was awesome. Then when the race was over, we just walked back to our room for showers and still got to the park in time for opening. Now I realize the mere size of WDW has a lot to do with the difficulties of putting on a race of this size, but I would gladly fly back to CA to do this race again just because everything was so easy and accessible. Hope to do it again someday soon. Great job runDisney!

This thread has been so helpful for planning so far for the 2017 race. I just registered myself and my DD for the 10K! This will be our first runDisney race! I'm wondering if anyone is going to start a new thread for the May 2017 Tinker Bell! :)

Last edited:
This thread has been so helpful for planning so far for the 2017 race. I just registered myself and my DD for the 10K! This will be our first runDisney race! I'm wondering if anyone is going to start a new thread for the May 2017 Tinker Bell! :)

Here's a link to the thread in the WISH section ~ http://www.disboards.com/threads/official-2017-tinker-bell-half-marathon-weekend.3509316/

I can start a Tink one on this side in here if people want. We've always had one on this side as well, but the DL 1/2 thread was really quiet this year. However, that being said the Tink one has always been a more active thread than the DL one. :goodvibes

I was wondering why it was so quiet! LOL! I'm heading over to that thread. THANK YOU!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter