• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Tinker Bell Half Marathon Check-In ** May 5-8, 2016 ** 5th Anniversary

Actually compared to the marathonphoto option we usually have which is appx $65 per person for a digital download if purchased in advance and $90 if not this is AMAZING as you can link 5 bibs for $40.00!! I super hope they get just as many photos.

Oh, I don't think it is a bad price at all...I am planning on getting it and using it for the whole day in the parks...I just thought it was funny that they say it is a special price (like we get the special price because we are running). I cannot believe how much marathonphoto was charging for their pictures! Insane. I am so glad they have switched to photopass. I am hoping we will get a lot of pictures between myself and my sister. Who knows, this may be our first and last 10K!

Well, I found this thread awfully late! I will be doing the Pixie Dust Challenge. First race at DLR so can't wait. I am trying to get a handle on the whole photopass thing. I am assuming that since we can have 5 bibs on one PP that I can share the cost with 4 other people and include all of our park photos for the day as well. I would just have to get their PP card number and add it to the PP, right? Is there a limit to how many cards can go on one PP? Just want to make sure I get this right.

Did my last long run today. Last 3 miles were hard and painful, but did 13.1 now I'm race ready.

Hope everyone who did their last long run today had a good one.

Did mine yesterday too. Only did 10, but past experience tells me that's enough. I did do 12 two weeks ago and my old body needs its rest. ;)

How many miles is everyone doing next weekend? I'll do my normal week night runs this week but haven't figured out what I should do on Sunday. Was thinking maybe 4?

How many miles is everyone doing next weekend? I'll do my normal week night runs this week but haven't figured out what I should do on Sunday. Was thinking maybe 4?
I'm going to do 3. For Darkside I did 12 two weeks before and then 3 the week before and it worked out well. I'm so excited and nervous at the same time, I feel like I've been waiting forever for this :teeth:

I did 7 miles today. I will do 6 miles on Wed. and 6 miles Fri. this week. On Monday I will do 5-7 miles, it will all depends on how I "feel" and then next Wed. about 3 miles. This is the exact thing I did for the Princess in Feb, except I run more miles outside ( so happy to NOT be on the TM) now that the weather is nicer for me.
I fly cross country on Friday, and Saturday just some walking to pick up bib and things. No parks until Sunday after the race. Except for running through on Sunday morning.

I'm doing the RNR Nashville Half Marathon on Saturday, then doing no more running until the Tink 10K.

Woops.

Probably 6-8 for me. Nothing next Mon, then 4 Tues, 3 Wed then DL! :hyper: :tink:Next Wednesday is going to draaaaag on since my flight isn't until 8/9.

Did anybody see the craziness of next week's weather? As of right now, possible showers Thur-Sat, Sat is 66, then Sun jumps up to 87!

Fingers crossed the weather for Saturday warms up a bit and the rain leaves the forecast! I know its early so not too worried. All of next week is gonna drag for me since I don't get to head out until Saturday morning!

This weekend we're heading to Santa Cruz and Monterey so whatever miles I do get in will be on the hotel treadmill.

I'm shooting for at least eight, and hopefully a back-to-back of eight and four. Then maybe a small run on Tuesday before I fly out early Wednesday a.m.

Not a race dream, but had an expo dream this morning. I got there Wed and I went to the expo part and they had 2 awesome shirts for the 5k I was looking at and wanted. Then I went across the way, not downstairs like at DL, for bib pickup and they were still taking race shirts out of the boxes and the lady told me they wouldn't be ready until the next morning. And that was it. Maybe I'm a little too excited for next week. :rotfl:

For those of you who have done this run before (or any Disney run), when you put in a cell phone number for the runner tracking, do you know what type of information is sent? My parents will be waiting for my sister and I and I wanted them to be able to track us. Will it send updates as to where we are? It would be nice for them to have an idea as to when we will be near the finish line.

For those of you who have done this run before (or any Disney run), when you put in a cell phone number for the runner tracking, do you know what type of information is sent? My parents will be waiting for my sister and I and I wanted them to be able to track us. Will it send updates as to where we are? It would be nice for them to have an idea as to when we will be near the finish line.

It sends them a text whenever you cross a timing mat. So it will send a text when you start, with your start time. When you cross the 5K mat it send a text with your time, pace, estimated finish time and your ETA at the finish line. Does the same at each subsequent timing mat. According to my texts from the SW Half in DL they are at the 10k, 15K and finish.

It sends them a text whenever you cross a timing mat. So it will send a text when you start, with your start time. When you cross the 5K mat it send a text with your time, pace, estimated finish time and your ETA at the finish line. Does the same at each subsequent timing mat. According to my texts from the SW Half in DL they are at the 10k, 15K and finish.

Thank you! Do you know if there are timing mats for the 10k (other than the 5k mark)? I don't know if I will ever be able to do a half marathon!

Thank you! Do you know if there are timing mats for the 10k (other than the 5k mark)? I don't know if I will ever be able to do a half marathon!
For the 10K I got texts for the start, 5K and Finish. The 5K had my pace, estimated finish time and estimated arrival at the finish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter