Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 59
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- I'm not gonna lie, I was hopeful for an upgrade but happy with my large porthole and it seems to be a good location.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? We are linked with two other GTY cabins that haven't been assigned yet.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 1:30 PM CST
9. What month is your cruise? Nov
:( Sorry - I was hoping you would have a good upgrade too!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5B #6072 and 6074
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- Thrilled! Huge upgrade to verandah, not an obstructed room or Navigator's verandah and midship.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting rooms
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 10 AM CST

What a great upgrade! We sail in 57 days and I am still waiting (rather impatiently, LOL) for our assignment. This gives me hope that it will happen soon. Enjoy!

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- I was hoping for an upgrade but we got stateroom 7190 on the Fantasy which is a HA room and looks to have a nice verandah.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Our other cabin was not a GTY and they are just a few doors down from us.
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 10:00 EST

Posting the other two assignments in our group:

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C, 11C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11C, 11C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 57
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- With so few 11C rooms in the category I'm really surprised there was no upgrade. They ended up in the first and second FWD inside rooms, the ones usually leftover. Reviews seem ok though.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? These two are adjoining but not connecting. Same deck but not close to our category 9B mid cabin, which is near aft elevators.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Thursday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 8 am

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy. The reports indicate that it can be noisy at times but I am not too worried about it.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between noon and 1:00 p.m.
9. What month is your cruise? November

I'm back in the mix. Upgraded from our GTY 9c, which we had already been assigned (got a 9c) to a 5B GTY so now I wait again for an assignment. I figure it should only be a few days before it's assigned. We cruise Oct 22 out of NYC on the Magic.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 30
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? not really sure, not famliar with these categories
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
#6 What ship are you sailing? Dream
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. not sure
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? not sure
9. What month is your cruise? October

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9C #2022 Forward
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 51 ( not very sure since I didn't check everyday.)
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- I suppose its a slight upgrade. Last time we were on the Magic we had room 2542. Thoughts on this one anyone?
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Not sure
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? don't know
9. What month is your cruise? November

Last edited:
I'm back in the mix. Upgraded from our GTY 9c, which we had already been assigned (got a 9c) to a 5B GTY so now I wait again for an assignment. I figure it should only be a few days before it's assigned. We cruise Oct 22 out of NYC on the Magic.
Got my assignment this evening, Friday about 6pm. If anyone followed my previously getting assigned the ocean view guarantee room, I didn't want forward and requested midship or aft, but got assigned forward. Now switching to verandah guarantee, didn't bother with a request. Looked like there were only 2 5b's (which is what we reserved) left, one forward, one aft. Guess which one we got? Yup still forward! Its closer to the forward elevators than my Oceanview 9c was though and it's on the castaway side of the ship which I wanted, so I'm happy.

Hi, I booked a Travel Agent GTY inside stateroom and was assigned 8677 yesterday the day I booked (we are 34 days out). Are those ever changed after assigned? I was hoping for a split bathroom since there are 4 of us. I called and they said nothing is available . I see a ton of availability in all categories online, but obviously they only have our category at the discount. Would you continue to call? What do you think odds are being switched at port are?

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 8D
#2. What category and room # did you get? 8D #6xxx Forward
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 67
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- I'm okay. I rolled the dice and it's fine. We prefer Oceanview, but part of me was hoping they may bump us up.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around noon. I checked this morning, nothing. For some reason checked this afternoon and it was there.
9. What month is your cruise? December

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5E
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5E #10xxx Aft
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 57 or 58
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- Very happy, we were hoping for 9th or 10th floor!
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Tuesday or Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Sometime between 3pm Tuesday and 7am Wednesday.

Hi, I booked a Travel Agent GTY inside stateroom and was assigned 8677 yesterday the day I booked (we are 34 days out). Are those ever changed after assigned? I was hoping for a split bathroom since there are 4 of us. I called and they said nothing is available . I see a ton of availability in all categories online, but obviously they only have our category at the discount. Would you continue to call? What do you think odds are being switched at port are?
Mine was also a TA rate. You asked and that was the only available category with the TA rate? We were able to upgrade to a 5B GTY from a 9c GTY (also with a TA rate) after our 9C was assigned. We were 22 days out when we made that switch (the verandah hadn't been an option to us at initial booking about 90 days out). You will need to expect to pay for the move whether it is beforehand or at the port. They wont move you to a higher level category without charging you more) I would continue to call weekly and then if that doesn't work you should be able to upgrade at the port as long as your ship isn't too full.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get?9B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 62
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy with the midship location
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Yes, Connecting!
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Not sure, checked Friday and it was there.
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure

Last edited:

Unlikely that it will be changed. As far as paying to upgrade at the port, I know there are some restricted fares that cannot be upgraded - and a special travel agent rate sounds like one that would have those restrictions.

That's why I personally would only book a GTY in the minimum category I would be happy with, no matter how cheap - there is no guarantee of an upgrade.

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 5C
#2. What category and room # did you get?5B
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 59-58
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy. Like aft. Wanted a stateroom between two guest decks
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Not sure, checked Saturday. It wasn't there Thursday

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11A
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy :)
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday

Last edited:
#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 10B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 10B 2573
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 202
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? We got exactly what we bought.....but we were hoping for an upgrade. However, it looks like a great location.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Saturday AM
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? It looks like our room was booked as soon as our final payment was posted
9. What month is your cruise? May

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11C - 2011
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 31 but it was booked at 34 days
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- definitely a leftover, called and upgraded to deck 6 aft
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Linked their reservation with another on deck 8 aft
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? checked at 2 and wasn't there, went back at 3 and it was

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 08A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 08A; 5022
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? About 120 days out
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- We've never been on a Disney cruise. My coworker said the 08A rooms were fantastic, so I planned on being happy with that (they do look nice). Would have been equally happy with the possible verandah upgrade. Just thrilled to be cruisin'. No complaints.
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Can't remember!
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Definitely PM
9. What month is your cruise? Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter