Official thread to keep track of GTY cabins ASSIGNED

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 09A
2. What category and room # did you get? 09A 7506
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 100 - I made the final payment on our cruise yesterday and this morning, I had a room assignment.
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am happy. I had hoped for an upgrade to a verandah, but am happy with the room we have. From the reviews I have read, it is a nice location, should have nice views, and is quiet.
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning, before 9:30am
9. What month is your cruise? April 2017

Last edited:
Currently hand a 11c. gTY one the fantasy. Sept 30th sailing. Hoping for upgrade or room located on 2nd floor

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? IGT
#2. What category and room # did you get? 11b 5627
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 12
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? HAPPY!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6 What ship are you sailing? Wonder
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? March 2017

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9B
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B, room 2606
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 52
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Happy
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together?
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned. Wednesday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Morning
9. What month is your cruise? April 2017

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 9C
#2. What category and room # did you get? 9B, room 2054/2056
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 18
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very happy to get connecting rooms!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing? Magic
#7. What day of the week was your cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Between 5 and 7PM
9. What month is your cruise? March 2017

We are sailing on a 4 night and 3 night back-to-back on the Wonder in IGT for both sailings. We did not get the same cabin, which there was only a slim chance. Here are the details below.

Sailing 1 - 4 Night

#1. Did you book a IGT, OGT or VGT? On Which ship? IGT Wonder
#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13Days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10C #1039
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy that we got a deluxe inside with the split baths. I have read reports that it has strange engine noises, so not excited about that possibility. Overall happy.
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 59 days

Sailing 2 - 3 Night

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 Days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A #6041
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy with the location, but wish we had a deluxe inside with the split baths. It's close to the kid's club and in between everything. Also wish we didn't have to change cabins between sailings, but we aren't really disappointed because we knew that risk going in.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 63 days

We are sailing on a 4 night and 3 night back-to-back on the Wonder in IGT for both sailings. We did not get the same cabin, which there was only a slim chance. Here are the details below.

Sailing 1 - 4 Night

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13Days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 10C #1039
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy that we got a deluxe inside with the split baths. I have read reports that it has strange engine noises, so not excited about that possibility. Overall happy.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 59 days

Sailing 2 - 3 Night

#2. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 13 Days
#3. What category (ex: 7a, 4c, 11c or whatever) and room # did you get? 11A #6041
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I'm happy with the location, but wish we had a deluxe inside with the split baths. It's close to the kid's club and in between everything. Also wish we didn't have to change cabins between sailings, but we aren't really disappointed because we knew that risk going in.
#6. How many days before departure date did you book? 63 days

There is also a thread for IGT, OHT and VGT assigned.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/l...track-of-igt-ogt-and-vgt-assignments.2919036/

Booked a GTY 9C deck 7 or 8 on the Dream. Outcome should be interesting as we are a family of 4 and I only see two room possibilities in this category. Its nice to see all the updates.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 09C
2. What category and room # did you get? 09C 2032
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 50 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Eh. When we booked only GTY was available, so we had no choice. But this isn't a cabin I would have selected if I did have a choice. Worried about being too far forward and having too much motion for my DH who can get seasick, and my DD who we're not sure how she'll do (though she does get carsick). Also not thrilled about being under Azure (though it appears we're under the restrooms). Or about having connecting doors (hopefully it doesn't allow for more noise to bleed through from the neighboring cabin).
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before 2:30 pm
9. What month is your cruise? May 2017

Despite my reservations above I'm still excited to be going on our first Disney Cruise, and am hoping our room will be just fine. I've looked for reviews on our room, and haven't seen anything too terrible. We'll just have to party extra hard so we sleep extra hard at night too!

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 09C
2. What category and room # did you get? 09C 2032
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 50 days
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Eh. When we booked only GTY was available, so we had no choice. But this isn't a cabin I would have selected if I did have a choice. Worried about being too far forward and having too much motion for my DH who can get seasick, and my DD who we're not sure how she'll do (though she does get carsick). Also not thrilled about being under Azure (though it appears we're under the restrooms). Or about having connecting doors (hopefully it doesn't allow for more noise to bleed through from the neighboring cabin).
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? NA
6. What ship are you sailing? Wonder
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Before 2:30 pm

Despite my reservations above I'm still excited to be going on our first Disney Cruise, and am hoping our room will be just fine. I've looked for reviews on our room, and haven't seen anything too terrible. We'll just have to party extra hard so we sleep extra hard at night too!

The reviews are all wonderful for the cabin and one mention noise.

Any more room assignments? Waiting patiently for ours for our up coming transatlantic.

Are you the may what? I just got my cabin assignment for that a few days ago.

Booked: 11c gty
Assigned: 11a deck 6 fwd

Prefer deck 2 fwd, but got a really good location considering It's deck 6 and I prefer to be closer to after hours

The reviews are all wonderful for the cabin and one mention noise.

Thanks. :) I did some more extensive research last night, including searching the boards. And while I didn't see any complaints about noise from Azure (Yay!) there were multiple reports of noise from the gangway when docking. We only have one port, so hopefully that won't be too much of an issue. And then I have seen some complaints about the connecting door. Hopefully we'll get quieter neighbors. And I found no complaints about motion, so I'm going to assume it's not much, if any, of an issue.

I am feeling better about it after doing some more research. Still not what I would have picked, but I think we'll still have a great time. :)

There is a thread that keeps track of IGT, OGT and VGT assignments. Let's use this one to keep track of GTY assignments.
I wanted to add three more questions

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7A
#2. What category and room # did you get? 5A 9032 and 9034
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room?18
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Very pleased
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? Connecting
#6 What ship are you sailing? Fantasy
#7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned. Monday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Not sure...I was booking excursions and they showed up instead of GTY
9. What month is your cruise? April

We sail May 25th on the Fantasy and I'm anxious to see where we will be assigned. We booked a 5 D and a 11 B.

1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 11B
2. What category and room # did you get? 11B 6099
3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 49
4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? Yes
5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? N/A
6. What ship are you sailing? Magic
7. What day of the week was you cabin assigned? Friday
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? Around noon

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7 a GTY
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A 9636
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 75
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am thrilled!!! Major upgrade!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 1
9. What month is your cruise? June 2017

#1. What category GTY cabin did you book? 7 a GTY
#2. What category and room # did you get? 4A 9636
#3. How many days before the cruise were you assigned your room? 75
#4. Are you happy with your assignment or do you feel like you got a "leftover"- undesirable room/location? I am thrilled!!! Major upgrade!
#5. If you booked more than one room, are they close together? n/a
8. What time of day was your cabin assigned? around 1
9. What month is your cruise? June 2017
Wow congrats!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter