Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have two Rebel Hanger reservations I am going to cancel. Each are for 3 people. Please PM me if you're interested:

Saturday, May 30 at 4pm (taken)
Sunday, May 31 at 5:35pm (taken)

Last edited:
So I wanted to tell you guys my plans for this upcoming weekend to see if it's even feasible:
Friday May 22:
1. Sci Fi galactic breakfast at 8:05.
2. Try to get into Chewies line after breakfast, if it's already cut off we will go try for Darth Maul.
3. Check in for FTF premium package and wait for parade.
4. Try for Jango Fett after parade and then leave for a mid day break
5. After break, meet either Chewie or Darth Maul(whichever I didn't get earlier)
6. Rebel Hangar ADR at 5:15
7. Maybe try for Jedi Council after ADR(are they even out that late?)
8. Check out Darths Mall?
9. Check in for dessert party at 8:30.
We will be back on Sunday evening to finish up any characters we missed and for the Jedi Mickey dinner.
Does this sound ok?
Was Luke still roaming during the day during the entire weekend? My son wants to meet Luke but is VERY against meeting any princesses...including Leia:( I would like to plan on meeting him but don't want to wait in the line only to have her come out when we get to the front. He won't meet her so it would end up being a waste of time. Any suggestions will be welcome! This is our first SWW so I'm very excited but also very nervous. It looks like the characters rotating are going to make things tricky. Thank you!!
1 thru 4 looks doable. Keep in mind that Chewie leaves around 10 to get ready for the parade. Maybe if you have another adultwith you, one can go early to make the line while the other finishes up the meal with your son.
Jedi Council meets until 8ish. we walked by yesterday and saw Mace Windu and Kit Fisto out and it was 8pm
Remember Darth's Mall closes at 7:30pm

If you're not there at RD and don't go immediately there you won't get a spot during SWW. Even people who wind up at the end of the line get waitlisted.

Thanks for the input...I already guessed that rope drop is a must (as it is pretty much even on non-SWW days), but my question was actually how long before rope drop would you need to be there on a SWW day? We're planning on arriving about 7am and heading straight there, but this is a biggie for one of my kids and so I was just checking to see if we needed to be there even earlier than that.

1 thru 4 looks doable. Keep in mind that Chewie leaves around 10 to get ready for the parade. Maybe if you have another adultwith you, one can go early to make the line while the other finishes up the meal with your son.
Jedi Council meets until 8ish. we walked by yesterday and saw Mace Windu and Kit Fisto out and it was 8pm
Remember Darth's Mall closes at 7:30pm
I didn't really pay attention before to when Darths Mall closed...so that helps! lol I will have my husband with me so what time would you suggest trying to get into line for him to see him before he leave for the parade? I'm trying to keep expectations small...if outside of the meals all we meet is Darth Maul, Luke, and Chewie I will be happy! Do you know about where we should look to try to catch Luke roaming? Thank you!!

@volfan1978 Be at the entrance no later than 7am and stay on the left side of the streets, as soon as they drop the rope walk fast towards the sign ups, they are at the Indiana Jones Theater during SWW

Last edited:

strange question...how easy was it to separate the sausage from the corn mix. My daughter can't have corn (just an intolerance not a life threatening allergy) but she loves wieners and sausages.

Not that well. My son loves them but takes them apart and there was still a fair about of batter on the hot dog part (which weren't that great, imo).

Can anyone at a WDW resort ask the Front Desk if or when they will have the maps for weekend II. Just looking for autograph times.
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone, got transferred 4 times, only to be told that the celebrities will sign autographs at 6:15 am...when I told the agent that that was not true, she said "well that's the information I have"

Just asked at the concierge desk(hanging out in our room because kids not 100% yet). They are no available yet (obviously). He made some calls around but no one knows exactly yet when they will get them. Sounds like it could be any time now though from the answers he was getting, though (and it wasn't in any info he had access to online).

I didn't really pay attention before to when Darths Mall closed...so that helps! lol I will have my husband with me so what time would you suggest trying to get into line for him to see him before he leave for the parade? I'm trying to keep expectations small...if outside of the meals all we meet is Darth Maul, Luke, and Chewie I will be happy! Do you know about where we should look to try to catch Luke roaming? Thank you!!
no later than 9am for Chewie.
We met Chewie around 8:20am and the line was already an hour and a half long when we left him
Luke was roaming around the ST queue and walking towards the Muppets. He would meet about 5 families and move again, it created a traffic mess but if you got him walking you could guarantee being one of the first to meet him.
11050842_10206870058455774_3826820350561621466_n.jpg

Yeah, I would absolutely hate it if someone did that to me, so that's why I wouldn't want to do the same in order for my kids to see anything. A children's section is a fantastic idea. I think, unless people think otherwise, that I will get everyone's credentials and wait by the ropes, have my family meet me there close to 10, then we stake out our spot, place some of our things down, let them go while maybe one of our kids hangs with me, then the rest can rejoin around 10:30-10:45. Does that sound reasonable?

That's very reasonable. maybe bring along a towel to sit on. I don't know what happens if it rains, we didn't have rain Saturday. That avoids having folks coming in and thinking they can sit and then another adult and three more kids come in and expect to sit there also.

Not that well. My son loves them but takes them apart and there was still a fair about of batter on the hot dog part (which weren't that great, imo).

Just asked at the concierge desk(hanging out in our room because kids not 100% yet). They are no available yet (obviously). He made some calls around but no one knows exactly yet when they will get them. Sounds like it could be any time now though from the answers he was getting, though (and it wasn't in any info he had access to online).
thanks. I'm trying to get creative with her food choice and even though Disney does a good job at allergies there's only so many sandwiches you can enjoy with gluten free bread.
If you get word on the map and time s let us know.
Has your son been able to eat anything?

Non SWW related but I have a reservation for dinner at Be Our Guest for 3pp on Thursday, May 28 at 6:10pm I'm going to cancel. Please PM me if you are interested.

If this is still avail. I might want it!!! Let me ask DH if he wants to change what we have - Thanks!!! *** EDIT - this IS still AVAIL - we passed on it!!! :)

Last edited:
no later than 9am for Chewie.
We met Chewie around 8:20am and the line was already an hour and a half long when we left him
Luke was roaming around the ST queue and walking towards the Muppets. He would meet about 5 families and move again, it created a traffic mess but if you got him walking you could guarantee being one of the first to meet him.
11050842_10206870058455774_3826820350561621466_n.jpg

Hey! That's Kristoff! :D

there was a large area, taped off, and yes parents were permitted to sit with their children, at least they were on Saturday. Please do this and do not put your children on your shoulders at the last minute so paying guests behind you can't see anything. one of the best things about this area is that there were no children on shoulders.

If they follow the same rules as FSF, they won't allow kids on shoulders anyway. People tried it last summer and the CMs made them put them down, thankfully.

When we were there in 2013, not only did he sign autographs, he scared the s*** out of my then 7 year old. I have a picture of them standing together, my son looks terrified, if I can find it I'll post it. The person that played Maul that year was incredible, and stayed completely in character. My son walked up, and he began stalking him- seething like in Ep I, staring at him the whole time, pacing back and forth. He then just walked right up to him and stared down at him, grabbed the autograph book from him, signed his name, pointed to the camera. When my son turned to pose, Maul stood next to and slightly behind him, and just as the photographer was about to snap the picture, he smacked his fist into his open hand- which with the leather gloves made it LOUD. My son jumped a good foot in the air and you can see how startled he was in the picture. It was fantastic.

We had the exact same experience with Maul in 2013! He was amazing!

I know that the child has to be present for the JTA signups. Does the same rule apply for the PMC registration?

Can anyone tell me what time the buses leave the resorts in the morning for HS for SWW? We're staying at Movies and I'm a bit worried because the All-Stars sometimes share buses. Thanks!

How early would you recommend lining up to get the credentials before the parade? It seems like with the premium package it is recommended an hour early, but what about for the deluxe? I'm hoping much closer to 10am since we aren't waiting for show FP.

Yesterday we picked up our deluxe credentials around 9:30 and it looked like a couple others had been handed out before us. Nobody was waiting in the parade viewing area though. We also left and came back around 10:30. First row was filled but we had no issues with viewing.

Is everyone still wearing their celebrating/DIS buttons?? Wanna be able to recognize yall! Keep the pics coming, LOVE it!

@Good Morning Dewdrop wore her's. I didn't see anyone else wearing them.

Funny story about this picture: We were waiting for Steph to meet DM. My son joined us yesterday and he just wanted to see the iteraction (he hasn't taken a pic with characters in years) So we get the Maul/Steph pic and Maul walks up to my son and motions for him to come take a pic, my son's like "no it's Ok" and Maul just motions to come and do it. SO my son goes over and we get a couple of pics. About 30 minutes later he gets a text from a Universal co-worker "Dude, I guess you didn't recognize me" :D

11263104_10206893167113476_2909059010516295071_n.jpg

That's great!! It is really hard with make up, hair, teeth, contacts, etc. It's really hard to tell.

Someone had asked a few pages back about TiW. Sorry if this has been answered already, but I can confirm that they did not accept TiW at the Jedi Mickey dinner, citing that it was a special event dining experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter