• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, we ended up with a long and busy evening and didn't get started on watch Star Wars (New Hope) till late. DGD fell asleep.

But DH and I are still watching. I'm honestly not sure how long it's been since I've been the original. I was a young girl when it came out and was old enough to have seen it dozens of times in the theater, standing in the long lines with all the sold out showings. It may have been a long time but I still remember most of it word for world.

We will be there weekend IV (Fri/Sat) and Fri of weekend V. Was starting to feel I was going to be alone on Weekend IV as so many will be in the Guinea Pig Weekend! Although it will be easier to get a plan after the first couple weekends reports.
We will be there weekend 4 too. You won't be alone :)

My friend had never seen the original trilogy, only the prequels so I've had her watch Episode IV and V these past two days. She really likes it and is now excited to go to SWW with me! Only a few days away! I even got her to agree to camp out with me. :P

We have the following set, and I'm wondering if it's too much to cram in:

11am motorcade (FtF)
11:35 Star Tours FP
12:10 Hollywood Brown Derby

This seemed perfect to me at first, but I'm having doubts now about that FP time.

Thoughts?

Seems ok to me.

Last edited:

I'm going to SWW either may 15th or 16th. Is their any bonus for going opening day or is better to go the 16th because opening day is probably super crowded? Looking to buy some sweet merch and it seems no really big stars will be there except in June. Any advice would be awesome!

:welcome:to the Weekend I Guinea Pig Garrison. The only difference, as far as I can tell is the dealers. if you're looking for limited edition merchandise, go on the 15th. Otherwise avoid the 15th or shop later in the day to avoid all the dealers. Nothing else special on Day 1. Also by Day 2 things like character locations and schedules will be posted. Or you can just wing it like Many of us on the 15th. :-)

Not sure this is the right place but I have rebel hangar reservation for sun 31 May at 8.05 that I don't need any more, does anybody still need one, if you let me know I'll release it at a time that suits you to try and get it

6 days until we get on a plane bound for 2 weekends of SWW (not to mention that the splurge of staying at BC because of their awesome pool) and as soon as he finished getting dressed, my 7 year old and I are heading off to the doctor to make sure he didn't fracture his arm yesterday being stupid.

Wish us luck. :crutches:

pixiedust::cold:pixiedust:
6 days until we get on a plane bound for 2 weekends of SWW (not to mention that the splurge of staying at BC because of their awesome pool) and as soon as he finished getting dressed, my 7 year old and I are heading off to the doctor to make sure he didn't fracture his arm yesterday being stupid.

Good Luck!!!

Not sure this is the right place but I have rebel hangar reservation for sun 31 May at 8.05 that I don't need any more, does anybody still need one, if you let me know I'll release it at a time that suits you to try and get it

I shared this on the SWW facebook cancellation page, hope its ok and that it is bookable. RH is no longer searchable on disney site right now so may need to wait and see if it becomes searchable. ADR swaps for it have to my knowledge not been working.... maybe hold on to it for a lil bit if possible..

Good luck!

I got a little panicky see the "2 days" this morning. We're in the midst of working with a home stager so I'm a bit more frazzled than I'd like to be.

You guys!!! I graduated from nursing school last night and we leave TOMORROW!!!! :dogdance:

I'll probably lose track of this thread between tomorrow and next weekend, but hopefully I'll run into some of you on the Chewy run on the 16th (we also have FtF that day)

Congrats!!!!!!! Are you an RN now?

Just an FYI...not SWW related, but definitely SW. A lifelong SW fan who spent entire days as a kid watching all 3 movies back to back. (Yes, I regret discarding my old VHS's for the DVD's - so now I don't have the originals: Han shot first and the Ewok celebration sucks now). But I hadn't gotten the Blu-rays, but just got the digital copies on VUDU. DELETED SCENES!!!! OMG, a Wampa inside Echo Base!?!!? Seeing all the old, original footage as old as I am was soooo cool!

You guys!!! I graduated from nursing school last night and we leave TOMORROW!!!! :dogdance:

I'll probably lose track of this thread between tomorrow and next weekend, but hopefully I'll run into some of you on the Chewy run on the 16th (we also have FtF that day)

Congratulations! Have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter