Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to know if the characters have "handlers" at the meals (who might be willing to take a picture)? This is my "me" weekend so yes, I will be the crazy lady sitting alone for the Jedi Mickey and Galactic Breakfast meals...and this crazy lady would really like to have her picture taken with the characters :)
there are handlers that walk around the restaurant, not one per character but they will be around. If not you can ask the wait staff to help

On a side note, I feel like such a newbie here again. I haven't posted on the DIS in years! You guys brought me out of my DIS posting hiatus. :)
You've done some TRs, right? I remember reading, I think (not sure if I commented or not). Welcome back!

I feel like we should have some sort of roll-call for the Chewie run. I'm getting scared there will be dozens of us (+ non-DISers) and maybe I should do it another day instead (not that I don't want to meet everyone, but that line in my imagination is getting out of hand! :eek: )

I'd love to know if the characters have "handlers" at the meals (who might be willing to take a picture)? This is my "me" weekend so yes, I will be the crazy lady sitting alone for the Jedi Mickey and Galactic Breakfast meals...and this crazy lady would really like to have her picture taken with the characters :)
There will be Entertainment Captains overseeing the rotations (they'll be wearing blues shirts and khaki pants or shorts) and they'll be happy to take photos for you. If a character skips your table, let the Captain know and they will immediately fix the problem.

So, I know it has been covered, but where to look for cheap, woman's cut Star Wars shirts? Maybe someplace lesser known that is reliable.

I feel like we should have some sort of roll-call for the Chewie run. I'm getting scared there will be dozens of us (+ non-DISers) and maybe I should do it another day instead (not that I don't want to meet everyone, but that line in my imagination is getting out of hand! :eek: )
:D it'll be like that every weekend. Just look on the roll call thread everyone going first Friday, I would think 90% of us will be in CHewie's line

I don't fully remember the breakfast having "handlers" per say as in like they do at regular Character M&G's but the servers will more than happy take your picture...or if you land with car mates that are like us and get the "crazy" than they could take your pic. I think we ended up taking 10 other family's pictures for them. I do know there was staff there to make sure each car got to see the characters they wanted. That's how the BF got a pic with Greedo.

And trust me I will never look down on anyone for wanting pics or autographs with characters and I completely understand if that is what people want most. I just don't want anyone to walk away feeling like they could have saved their money for something else.

But will they all take the DIS-approved route? :rotfl: (Should be called the Yulilin Path.)

So, I know it has been covered, but where to look for cheap, woman's cut Star Wars shirts? Maybe someplace lesser known that is reliable.

I've bought from Woot, Tee Public, Shirts.com, and Snorg for myself.. As a woman with a "larger" top half the order of best sizing in terms of getting what you order I would say

Tee Public, Woot, Snorg, Shirts.com

Though the Boba Fett tunic Tank I ordered from Shirts isn't made by shirts so I can't say that their sizing is bad.

Thanks for the answers on the hat and thoughts on the meals. I'm sure I can find a reason to go to Target this week to see what they have or I'll find something when I am down there. I own plenty of Braves baseball caps that I rarely wear, so I could just wear one of those, but I *need* a Star Wars hat for SWW. It's necessary. :)

For the meals, I will be by myself so it may be hard for me to get good pictures at the meals without having to constantly ask for help, which is difficult for my shy introverted self, but I am planning on getting Memory Maker, so I would have photopass photographer at other locations. And while autographs aren't the most important thing to me, I am thinking of getting a light saber and having it signed by characters and actors. So an autograph card wouldn't work for me there. In terms of food, like I said, I will do the breakfast (possibly even both weekends) because I love breakfast food, but for dinner, the Rebel Lounge seems like a good substitute. Anyway, those are my thoughts and of course everyone has their own opinions on everything, so we all get to make our own decisions. :)

If you factor in the 90 seconds or less per group "target" that characters have, the line will move fast especially if guests don't ask for an autograph.

Last year, we were finished meeting Chewie by 8:15... and we weren't the first in line. I think DD calculated 7 or 8 groups in front of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter