Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the glow items, I mean glow ice cubes, usually in drinks at the dessert party? If so are they only in the alcoholic adult drinks? TY!!

And how many of the questions are from here? ;-)

It says Tusken Fridge a Raiders is in Darth's Mall. Why would they put a snack stand in the store?

Because there is always a snack stand in there. People stay in there a good while amd it takes a while to get in.

First post here anywhere, huge thank you to everyone on this thread.
I was able to snag a 5:10 reservation for Rebel Hangar. How long should I plan on a meal like this taking in my plans? We have a FP+ for the 7:00 Obi-Wan and Beyond show. My gut tells me this is more than enough time but I wanted to make sure we won't be pushing it.

What weekend? Looks like enough time normally. But this venue is brand new. I would expect later reservations to get pushed back but how. Ugh remains to be seen.

we will be at Chewie bright and early on the 15th - last year we were 3rd in line - I told DH he needs to move up this year!

Our pool needs a picture of all 3 of us together (we have pool attendants who check us in) - I'm hoping to get a Diser to take a picture of the 3 of us with Chewie (he needs to be in the pool picture obviously!).

I don't have a picture in our SW shirts yet but I should be in a Chewie shirt on Friday, probably an Ewok shirt on Saturday and a general black Star Wars shirt on Sunday. At Rebel Lounge on Sunday at 5:35. We will of course be wearing our SWW Guinea Pigs buttons :-)

The Photopass photographer can take a pic with your camera. But I'm sure we'll all be happy to help.

However, I vote that our fearless Guinea Pig leader gets to be first in line. :-)

Can people please provide average wait service time from seating to order to completion at RH as they experience it over the next few weekends? Preferably those who have the earliest 4ish time slots... My guess is that those with later times may have difficulties encountered by earlier folks still hanging around. We have a 4:05, after coming from SotS, before heading over to Oz. My guess is 45 minutes should be plenty for us to get a couple of munchies in, and that the earlier ADR's shouldn't have any backlogs since they are just opening up for the day, but we might want some RH guinea pigs to provide some in-the-field intel. :)

The Photopass photographer can take a pic with your camera. But I'm sure we'll all be happy to help.

However, I vote that our fearless Guinea Pig leader gets to be first in line. :-)
you guys will probably see my daughter swoosh past you. I will not run unless I get a medal at the end :)...not that you're allowed to run, no, that's agains the rules. Like Disney says "Safe D begins with Me"

imagine 2 years ago when there was NO information until the first weekend.

Ugh I would've died! I haven't been to SWW since 2009 and there was absolutely no info ahead of time except what celebs would be attending. I suppose I should be thankful for the info we have now LOL

Ok, don't shoot the messenger
Some reports from both character meals are indicating that the characters are not signing autograph books to keep the lines moving smoothly.
At breakfast I have confirmation that you get a card with Vader's autograph (still waiting on confirmation about Fett and the characters inside)
For dinner you get a card with signature of all of them. You can take one picture with Jedi Mickey at the entrance and then as many as you want with the characters inside.
As soon as I find out more I'll post it. I know some of you are making really cute autograph books but this system makes total sense to me.

We never do autographs. However, for SWW next year, I was thinking of having the characters sign a page with their picture. This would be in DH's original set of 3 SW books from when he was a kid. DS loves looking at them. Maybe we could still get enough that it would be worth it. I assume that Vader at the VIP M&G signs.

We never do autographs. However, for SWW next year, I was thinking of having the characters sign a page with their picture. This would be in DH's original set of 3 SW books from when he was a kid. DS loves looking at them. Maybe we could still get enough that it would be worth it. I assume that Vader at the VIP M&G signs.
yes, all the characters sign autographs, minus C3PO and R2D2

just to add on what @MunchkinandSugarBear said.
My friend did the breakfast last year and she said that the characters felt rushed, maybe because of the whole time thing. This year for dinner she said that they had great interactions with all of them, all the characters were playful and it didn't seem rushed at all.
I'm doing dinner Sunday and will give an unbiased report
I'd love to know if the characters have "handlers" at the meals (who might be willing to take a picture)? This is my "me" weekend so yes, I will be the crazy lady sitting alone for the Jedi Mickey and Galactic Breakfast meals...and this crazy lady would really like to have her picture taken with the characters :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter