Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIW: someone asked when booking and was told no.

food drink prices for rebel lounge: have not been published anywhere

glow items: unknown. Nothing published about the Rebel Lounge has said anything about glow items.
we are just trying for her to answer some questions :)

by the sound of it you get a card with all of the characters at the dinner, so no signing at the table. Like I said I'm still waiting for more, first hand account info.

We can still get pictures with all of the characters at these meals, though, right? I mean, clearly don't take more than 1 or 2, but that's the big thing for our kids - they don't care about autographs.

I am going to be at Weekend ONE festivities Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I thought it might be fun if we posted pictures of ourselves wearing our Star Wars shirts so that we could recognize each other as we all hoof it over to Chewies line first thing on Friday morning and then chase each other around the parks all weekend.

If you see me you can scream "HEY NINJA MOM!" and make me think the Cops have finally caught up with me. This is a solo trip for me (no family) but I will be meeting friends off and on the whole time I am there. Don't be afraid to come over and say hello. There are only 3 restraining orders out against me this week ; )

So to kick things off here are the shirts that I will be wearing:

I'll probably be wearing this one on Friday

View attachment 93151

I'm thinking this one for Saturday:
View attachment 93152

Then I'm thinking this one on Sunday when I am hoping to meet the Modal Nodes (I have ALL of their albums!) (PS. They don't have any albums...)

View attachment 93153

And then this for the Star Wars Breakfast at Sci Fi on Monday:

View attachment 93154

So that's it.

I will definitely be at the Rebel Hangar on Saturday May 16th @ (4:20pm)
And on Sunday May 17th @ 4:45pm
each time with different groups of friends. I also hope to make the post parade Saturday lunch meet at ABC Cantina and my show schedule is: Friday Stars of the Saga, Saturday: Star Wars Rebels and Sunday: Obi Wan and Beyond.

See you there!

~NM

Alright, I'll play. I don't have a picture of myself in my Star Wars shirts, but this is us, so if you see us feel free to say "Hey OZmom and "Mr OZmom" because it will make me laugh and permanently cement in DH's mind that I have lost it. We will be at HS on the 15th, we are doing the "Chewie run", Galactic breakfast at 9:30 and RH at 4:10. Looking forward to meeting some of my fellow Guinea Pig Dissers :thumbsup2

Attachments

• STUDIO_MAMASCOURTCHAR_7096591702 (1).jpg
    STUDIO_MAMASCOURTCHAR_7096591702 (1).jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 45

Well, this coming out now may be why there was so much difficulty booking yesterday. I suspect we were asking to book something that wasn't 100% ready yet. Not that anything with Disney is ever 100% ready. But it was really not ready yesterday and as such, we had to do what felt like pulling teeth to get a ressie booked.

Sorry but I do not book a character breakfast for the food. You may think it's crazy but I can get scrambled eggs and bacon and waffles anywhere and not pay $50. My main goal with any character meal has always been the characters . Glad many people will go before we get there so I can make a more informed decision .
Same plan I have. I'm not jumping to cancel anything right now. I have more than 2 weeks worth of meals to get reviews on. Who knows how they'll run by then?

I'll be canceling a reservation for Rebel Hangar later tonight for 5/23 @ 4pm for 4. Let me know if anyone's interested.

We can still get pictures with all of the characters at these meals, though, right? I mean, clearly don't take more than 1 or 2, but that's the big thing for our kids - they don't care about autographs.
yes, you can get pictures with all of them

Well, this coming out now may be why there was so much difficulty booking yesterday. I suspect we were asking to book something that wasn't 100% ready yet. Not that anything with Disney is ever 100% ready. But it was really not ready yesterday and as such, we had to do what felt like pulling teeth to get a ressie booked.

Same plan I have. I'm not jumping to cancel anything right now. I have more than 2 weeks worth of meals to get reviews on. Who knows how they'll run by then?
:D They actually never announced the character meals, we just knew they were open.
Just double checked, there was mention of them on the post dated February 17th

I am going to be at Weekend ONE festivities Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I thought it might be fun if we posted pictures of ourselves wearing our Star Wars shirts so that we could recognize each other as we all hoof it over to Chewies line first thing on Friday morning and then chase each other around the parks all weekend.

~NM
DGD and I will be in the following (though I'll be in shorts vs. pants) for the morning. Same thing we wore yesterday. DH doesn't play :( . I'll be changing in the afternoon but not sure what shirt yet. Maybe the twin moon tank from Her Universe
11188306_10204243155905888_49591947274669981_n.jpg

I also asked for more info on RH on the Disney Blog. They're being so vague on the whole thing! The plans for SWW and the way it's all come about is frustrating and makes it impossible to plan anything.

Oh on the blog. I don't think she will answer most of those questions. I would bet they will NOT post the prices ahead of time. and it looks for sure like TIW is a "No" because it's a special event.

OK-1st-someone video the Chewie Run that first weekend! Help me get my SWW fix before I can go:flower:
2nd-now y'all need to get buttons that say "I'm here for the Chewie run" for the first day too! (And of course claim royalty rights when Disney sees this as an opportunity to make more money with an "official" Chewie Run)

Alright, I'll play. I don't have a picture of myself in my Star Wars shirts, but this is us, so if you see us feel free to say "Hey OZmom and "Mr OZmom" because it will make me laugh and permanently cement in DH's mind that I have lost it. We will be at HS on the 15th, we are doing the "Chewie run", Galactic breakfast at 9:30 and RH at 4:10. Looking forward to meeting some of my fellow Guinea Pig Dissers :thumbsup2
we will be at Chewie bright and early on the 15th - last year we were 3rd in line - I told DH he needs to move up this year!

Our pool needs a picture of all 3 of us together (we have pool attendants who check us in) - I'm hoping to get a Diser to take a picture of the 3 of us with Chewie (he needs to be in the pool picture obviously!).

I don't have a picture in our SW shirts yet but I should be in a Chewie shirt on Friday, probably an Ewok shirt on Saturday and a general black Star Wars shirt on Sunday. At Rebel Lounge on Sunday at 5:35. We will of course be wearing our SWW Guinea Pigs buttons :-)

OK-1st-someone video the Chewie Run that first weekend! Help me get my SWW fix before I can go:flower:
2nd-now y'all need to get buttons that say "I'm here for the Chewie run" for the first day too! (And of course claim royalty rights when Disney sees this as an opportunity to make more money with an "official" Chewie Run)
"I survived the Chewie Dash of 2015"

And how many of the questions are from here? ;-)

It says Tusken Fridge a Raiders is in Darth's Mall. Why would they put a snack stand in the store?
they've done that 2 years in a row. Last year it was called Ackbar Snackbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter