Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the CMs in charge of actually implementing all of this are over the moon ;)

I was thinking the same thing...starting to think the first friday is a bad day to do this package. Seems when disney starts new activities the first day always seems to be dress rehersal and its not organized at all.

I was thinking the same thing...starting to think the first friday is a bad day to do this package. Seems when disney starts new activities the first day always seems to be dress rehersal and its not organized at all.
I don't call it Guinea Pig weekend for nothing ;)
I have a friend who works Special Events, they haven't had their logistics and information meeting yet but I'll try and get some info from her

Star Wars Dine-In Galactic Breakfast! at Sci-Fi - 2 DDP Entitlements 3 adults for 9:30 AM friday may 29please PM me Ill try to patiently wait but im so excited right now , since my sister bought us this Premium package. i really wanted the VIP one but honestly for 100 bucks this seems well worth it and closer to what i would have paid if i was alone that weekend. I really need to move to florida lol

Straight from Disney behind the scenes....

Viewing Areas:
Deluxe Premium Package:

• Motorcade viewing area is located by Mickey's of Hollywood across from the MyMagic+ service center.
  • Dessert party and fireworks viewing area is located on the right side of the open plaza as you face the Great Movie Ride.
Premium Packge

• Located near Echo Lake, on the left side of the open plaza as you face the Great Movie Ride.
  • Viewing area is standing room only.

Viewing Areas:
Deluxe Premium Package:

• Motorcade viewing area is located by Mickey's of Hollywood across from the MyMagic+ service center.
  • Dessert party and fireworks viewing area is located on the right side of the open plaza as you face the Great Movie Ride.
Premium Packge

• Located near Echo Lake, on the left side of the open plaza as you face the Great Movie Ride.
if you can elaborate:
DPP parade viewing is it on the same side as MyMagic center or across the street by the entrance to Mickey's of Hollywood?
DPP fireworks and dessert party is it in front of the sound booth tent that they always put up?

No snacks which is why I passed. I wanted unlimited Mickey Bars for lunch.

I was told both packages will have snacks and drinks for the parade
I just added to my post that they told him the Echo Lake area for parade viewing with either package. We'll see, huh?

My CM said ok I got your spots and I will take your credit card info in a moment, but now I have to read you these conditions...and quite literally read a prepared speech. She said snacks for the parade. She also did mention echo lake, but not for viewing, it was a check in spot for something.

Also in October they used similar lanyards for Epcot late nights live (or whatever it was called) so it does sound like Disney has moved more that direction than wristbands.

if you can elaborate:
DPP parade viewing is it on the same side as MyMagic center or across the street by the entrance to Mickey's of Hollywood?
DPP fireworks and dessert party is it in front of the sound booth tent that they always put up?

What I posted is literally all they have available for CMs to see. I can't elaborate any more because there isn't any more info!. Which is probably why everyone is so confused.

Ok, My cm first said not on sale, then said it was sold out. She then told me the problem for it showing sold out was the time they had to put in. 10am to 12pm. It wasn't accepting it. She had to put in 10am to 12am to get it to work and then there was availability.

Thank you SO MUCH for this information!!!! I had to spend 45 minutes and go through two CMs to get this booked. It was a nightmare. I can't beleive how uninformed they were today. I was orginally told it wasn't available and while we were still on the phone I saw the post about the time. I asked her to put it in as 10am and BAM...we're in for 6/13!!! So excited :dancer:

Viewing Areas:
Deluxe Premium Package:

Premium Packge

They need to spiff it up a little :) There are still some holes open to interpretation.
IE: Perhpas the Deluxe Premium is not standing room only.

Viewing Areas:
Deluxe Premium Package:

Premium Packge

This! This sounds exactly like what she read me. I remember her saying go to echo lake and viewing faces the great movie ride, so that makes total sense. I was just flustered because a parking cop pulled up behind me as she was reading to me lol. I had to pull over to a meter spot to book it!!

Do we think priority seating is better seating than FP+? The same? Worse?
I'm thinking the VIP and premium packages will go in first and then fp, then standby.
Like I've said before there isn't a bad view seat in that theater. The bleachers would be the worst places to sit but I think those will be the very last to be filled

So I'm inputting the FTF info into my spreadsheet (yes, I have a spreadsheet) and our Galactic Breakfast is at 9:30. Obviously we won't make it to check in at 10, do you think we'll be able to get the SoTS special seating if we check in a little later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter