Official Star Wars Weekends Thread Tips and Tricks 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I'm starting to sweat the small stuff now with the waiting.

I'd pretty much decided to do the FtF package for my son and I. I'm short and he's a kid so I thought it might be a good way for us to see things without having to fight huge crowds, just big ones, lol.

Anyway, with just the two of us, I'm wondering about it working for the snacks and such during the parade. How far away are the snacks and water if I were to leave him in his spot while I made a run for snacks (he's 7 and a scaredy cat so that's why I'm apprehensive about leaving him in a crowd of people, if he'd even stay).

Same question about the dessert party. Would we be able to see stuff if we are not pushy?

Anyway, with just the two of us, I'm wondering about it working for the snacks and such during the parade. How far away are the snacks and water if I were to leave him in his spot while I made a run for snacks (he's 7 and a scaredy cat so that's why I'm apprehensive about leaving him in a crowd of people, if he'd even stay).
msmama - as soon as FTF gets released and booked, I'll be adding it into the Roll Call info. Maybe you can contact some others on the Roll Call and set up holding spots in the FTF area so you can be able to pick up the parade snacks. You'll see the same guests that evening at the Dessert Party and everyone on this Thread is so very nice, I'm sure it'll work out for you.

I'd pretty much decided to do the FtF package for my son and I. I'm short and he's a kid so I thought it might be a good way for us to see things without having to fight huge crowds, just big ones, lol.

Same question about the dessert party. Would we be able to see stuff if we are not pushy?
during the parde the ice ream and drinks cart are inside the area, so not far away at all. What you can do is talk to the adults around you and just let them know if they can hold your spot while you go get a snack, they paid for the same package and I'm sure they'll understand your situation. With the dessert party is much more relaxed, you could just go get desserts or drinks and come back to a table or even join other people at a table. You'll be fine
@Itinkso that's an excellent idea

you know seriously im going to be broke. Celebrations is in April which i live very close to, then this, then all the dtech stuff and merchandise.

Question: I didnt give this multiple days to attend though that can change based on family( we plan to go see some older relative on Saturday) Do they only sell stuff at Darth Maul on the weekends, is it exclusive to only those days and is it open all day say like after the parade?

you know seriously im going to be broke. Celebrations is in April which i live very close to, then this, then all the dtech stuff and merchandise.

Question: I didnt give this multiple days to attend though that can change based on family( we plan to go see some older relative on Saturday) Do they only sell stuff at Darth Maul on the weekends, is it exclusive to only those days and is it open all day say like after the parade?
Darth's Mall is only opened during the weekends, all 3 days

You'll be fine. Like Yulilin3 and Itinkso said you'll meet friendly people who are willing to help you. I went with my 13 year old niece last year and we met a nice mom who was there alone with her young son. I watched him for the less than 2 minutes it took her to get snacks. Then we met up again and shared a table at the fireworks. A nice adult or teenager would also be willing to grab snacks if your son doesn't like you to go out of eye shot. The parade area is pretty compact and I think you'll be fine. Once you know which day you're going you might even be able to coordinate with someone in this thread. I would totally offer to help someone with this.

I'm sure I read it somewhere, but what is the cancellation policy for the Star Wars breakfast? I thought it was different from the regular 24hrs in advance? Thanks!

I'm sure I read it somewhere, but what is the cancellation policy for the Star Wars breakfast? I thought it was different from the regular 24hrs in advance? Thanks!
It's a day, just like the other ones. I believe that FtF was 2 days last year.

I was just showing DH the D-Tech stuff on last year's blog post, and he wants to do it. You have to book this ahead of time? And what about the figure choices, have they varied each year or is there a mix of old and new?

I was just showing DH the D-Tech stuff on last year's blog post, and he wants to do it. You have to book this ahead of time? And what about the figure choices, have they varied each year or is there a mix of old and new?
The first year they offered it, it was only the stormtrooper figure, then they added Han in Carbonite and last year Leia and Pilot and the large figure. You should book your time so that you don't have to wait as a walk in.

Just realized something. The park opens at 8am on the Friday we are going to the SW breakfast at 810. Will they let you in early or is it rope drop, run and check in for the picture?

Thank you for talking me down off the ledge. I was worrying for no reason (which I pretty much knew but it's nice to hear others say it).

Question for you SWW Vets - HOW DO YOU PLAN YOUR DAYS?

(What FP's do you get? When do you do what? If you're doing several days, do you devote certain days to certain things? One day good guys? One day bad guys, etc?) Just wondering and though it'd keep the conversation moving as we wait...and wait...and wait.

Just realized something. The park opens at 8am on the Friday we are going to the SW breakfast at 810. Will they let you in early or is it rope drop, run and check in for the picture?
You will be allowed to enter the park around 730 and will he held at the intersection of Hollywood & Vine until the Stormtroopers do their Welcome Show (around 7:45). Then you can officially enter the park, so will be able to make it to your ADR in plenty of time.

They will let us in around 7:3- amd hold us on Hollywood and Vine for the stormtrooper welcome show, then after that you go on your way, that's close to 7:55am. You need to go straight to breakfast and will probably be one of the first ones in

Thank you for talking me down off the ledge. I was worrying for no reason (which I pretty much knew but it's nice to hear others say it).

(What FP's do you get? When do you do what? If you're doing several days, do you devote certain days to certain things? One day good guys? One day bad guys, etc?) Just wondering and though it'd keep the conversation moving as we wait...and wait...and wait.
SWW is a hard event to plan for but if you have more than a day you'll be able to accomplish a lot. If you're going for characters I would do them first thing or as close to first thing as possible especially Chewie and Vader. After that you could just hang around the area of the bad guys and get them all and another day get the good guys, just because they tend to be close together. I usually grab a fp for SotS. I like to go the Darth's Mall in the evening when it's quieter, or during the parade

Just to add, if you want to meet characters try to do these in the morning because of the heat later in the day, it could rain as it usually does in the afternoons and the crowds grow a lot after 10am.

We don't plan our days until the morning of, except for making FP for a SWW show. Once we know who's autograph we are getting and the time, we begin planning and changing FP is we have to. We don't make ADR because we fit in cs where we can.

So any advanced planning is done so very loosely.

We'll look at weather forecast on accuweather for Bay Lake to decide if we'll take a resort break and when.

Having an outdoor venue for the shows may change things for us too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter