***Official*** Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Information Thread *** Contains SPOILERS ***

With the VQ, can you choose your return time? Because I wouldn’t mind rope dropping it, then snagging a VQ time for the evening to see it at night.
I don't think they have given details, but I thought at DL you joined the queue and got the next available "boarding group" So I think you would have to check and see when the return time was, and decide if you wanted to get into it or wait. I also thought I read that at DL by evening they weren't using the VQ, maybe even on the first day of it.

With the VQ, can you choose your return time? Because I wouldn’t mind rope dropping it, then snagging a VQ time for the evening to see it at night.

AFAIK, no you cannot choose your time. That is likely due in large part to the fact that they can "turn on" and "turn off" virtual queueing based on whether they are close to capacity or not.

I don't think they have given details, but I thought at DL you joined the queue and got the next available "boarding group" So I think you would have to check and see when the return time was, and decide if you wanted to get into it or wait. I also thought I read that at DL by evening they weren't using the VQ, maybe even on the first day of it.

But I think you have 2 hours to show up too.

I would rather do a virtual queue than stand and wait for a long time, but I'm pretty sure there will be people there at 6 AM. I wasn't saying how I felt, just trying to think of why some people might still want to get up early and get there for 6 AM. In fact, my family is so spoiled we won't wait for anything longer than 20-30 min except in extreme circumstances (Like a brand new ride), and even then our limit is in the hour range, we typically don't wait loner than 10-15 for anything. We just use FP and less crowded rides, and if we miss some we figure we'll get them next time.

Based on DL you would be able to book Oga's and Savi's, I didn't think the droid factory had anything to book in advance. We are doing the very first AP preview, but didn't get oga's or Savi's, so I hope to make a droid, try some snacks/quick service food, try the blue and green milk, ride the ride, and take tons of photos. My 2 boys will only be on board with the Droid, ride, and snacks, lol, they couldn't care less about photos and seeing all of the detail. Then who knows when we'll be back, even with ROTR we won't wait hours for a ride, but as you said we will wait in a virtual queue to get into the land. We'll have to see how things are going come next spring/summer.
I getcha. I'm the same - I don't mind waiting at rope drop, but we won't wait more than 30 minutes for any ride. We're not going till the end of September so we will have about a month to see how things are going. My husband and I are doing an adult-only trip in May, so here's hoping there is FP or a paid EMM or After Hours by then!

I getcha. I'm the same - I don't mind waiting at rope drop, but we won't wait more than 30 minutes for any ride. We're not going till the end of September so we will have about a month to see how things are going. My husband and I are doing an adult-only trip in May, so here's hoping there is FP or a paid EMM or After Hours by then!
I agree about FP or EMM or DAH, at prices that we can or will pay! I expect high, but won't pay if they are highway robbery lol! We haven't waited at rope drop in ages either, that's so stressful. We love extra events, but eventually they will price them where even we won't pay (and we do think time is money, and it's worth it to skip waiting in line and have less crowds). I don't think we would wait at rope drop either - well, maybe once for a new ride or land. After that we are strict mid morning - early afternoon park people, with planned FPs and lots of down time and pool time!

Another positive about arriving before 6 AM, is being able to be in the land as the sun comes up. In other words, BEFORE the heat of the day kicks in. The downside of the VQ, is for those who experience GE first and then do the rest of DHS, all of those people waiting in the VQ to get into GE will also be standing in ride lines with you. So it should make the rest of Hollywood Studios feel that much busier.

Another positive about arriving before 6 AM, is being able to be in the land as the sun comes up. In other words, BEFORE the heat of the day kicks in. The downside of the VQ, is for those who experience GE first and then do the rest of DHS, all of those people waiting in the VQ to get into GE will also be standing in ride lines with you. So it should make the rest of Hollywood Studios feel that much busier.

I think that is the biggest reason why getting in the VQ may be better actually, especially if you're there during EMH. Let's say we get there at 630 and VQ is in place. We go put in that, then ride all the other rides with most likely very little wait time as everyone else in GE. Then can just get into GE a bit later and just take it easy without worrying about the lines in rest of park.

The experience at DLR has been that if you're not towards the front of the RD pack then you're going to be seeing some of the longest waits of the day for MFSR. First thing in the morning the wait gets up to 120+mins while the rest of DLR is less than 30 mins waits. The wait for MFSR then drops down under 60 mins in the afternoon/early evening.

Do we think VQ will kick in during EEMH - so from 6am-9am starting 9/1/19 or only after the park opens at 9am? And I asked this earlier but got lost or I didn't see the answer - does your whole party have to be in the park to get in the VQ for all of them?

Do we think VQ will kick in during EEMH - so from 6am-9am starting 9/1/19 or only after the park opens at 9am? And I asked this earlier but got lost or I didn't see the answer - does your whole party have to be in the park to get in the VQ for all of them?
At DL everyone in your party has to be in the park.

My GUESS is the queue won’t be necessary till after regular opening at 9am but who knows.

My GUESS is the queue won’t be necessary till after regular opening at 9am but who knows.

This is why I'm going to keep a very close eye on reports on sept 1-4. If VQ on those days haven't kicked in til after 9, then I'll be lining up at 5am. If it's kicking in almost right away, then I'll just get there around 630.

Thanks, that's how I thought it would work but just trying to make plans. Have a few in my party that don't like to do early mornings. LOL

This is why I'm going to keep a very close eye on reports on sept 1-4. If VQ on those days haven't kicked in til after 9, then I'll be lining up at 5am. If it's kicking in almost right away, then I'll just get there around 630.

I wish we had a few days to see how things are working but right now our HS day is Sept 1st so going in blind on this one. I am the only one in our group who is excited about SWGE and I get to do the AP preview next week so we will just see how our HS day goes.

Thank you so much! This is one of my favourite threads now, can't stop watching at all of the cool stuff that's gonna be there!

So I might be totally dense BUT -

Why on earth would I show up by 5am and wait for an hour in a huge crowd (like I plan to 2 days of my trip next month) if I can just saunter in at 10am and get in line for the queue?
Because by 10 am all the VQ spots might be distributed for the day? Unlikely, but I suppose it could happen, especially the first few days. Also because your VQ time could be for literally hours later, so you’d be “stuck” in HS waiting to enter GE. And lastly, because crowds will likely be lower during EEMH, as the VQ goes into place once the land hits capacity. So you’ll assumably be navigating higher crowds using the VQ. But it will definitely be a game changer for WDW and will hopefully alleviate some of the crowds during EEMH.

We are at Disney Aug 28, 29 and 30! Trying to decide which day to head to HS for Star Wars. So wishing we were there for one the EEMH mornings but we fly home early on the first. What would you do? We were at first thinking opening day but that is making me nervous now! I know it is impossible to know for sure! We would totally go to be there early but we will not camp out! Thoughts? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter