**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

How difficult is it to get a spot in the jedi training? I remember it being very competitive last time we went, but it seems like they have a lot more shows now.

Can I make reservations for the dessert party by calling disney? The page says to do it online and doesn't seem to offer the call to book option, but I want to use a PP Visa for a portion and the rest on another card, which is hard to do online....

Can I make reservations for the dessert party by calling disney? The page says to do it online and doesn't seem to offer the call to book option, but I want to use a PP Visa for a portion and the rest on another card, which is hard to do online....
yes you can, but if you can wait to call I would wait. Right now the lines and wait times are crazy because everyone is making changes to their plans for this weekend
The number to call is 407 WDW DINE

How difficult is it to get a spot in the jedi training? I remember it being very competitive last time we went, but it seems like they have a lot more shows now.
Think have a good chance if signing up at rope drop.

Also you can sign up Standby if all shows full. You then check 10 minutes before a show for any open no shows. Did that last year and got in 1st show we checked back for.

yes you can, but if you can wait to call I would wait. Right now the lines and wait times are crazy because everyone is making changes to their plans for this weekend
The number to call is 407 WDW DINE

Thanks! I'd already thought of that - I had planned to call tonight and then remembered about the hurricane and figured I'd wait till later next week. I hope everyone stays safe during the storm.

Oh I think Friday and Saturday night will have mostly all going on. I would expect if Sunday is not closed, then early closure. Depends on when the high winds start. Now saying Sunday into Monday. Even a Cat 3 will close the parks for a day or two.

If you want to get in as soon as guests are allowed in, check in at 7:10.

When would you say would be the ideal time to arrive for the 9 o'clock fireworks? As much as I love to eat, I can't imagine I'd be actually eating the desserts for more than 30 minutes tops. Is there anything to do after you've had your fill and before you are led out to see the show? Since the dessert party restarts on 12/15, this was not a planned DHS day and so I'm trying to figure out best time to leave Epcot. I did make the move of changing our Biergarten from dinner to lunch that day in order to not be complety sick from food.

When would you say would be the ideal time to arrive for the 9 o'clock fireworks? As much as I love to eat, I can't imagine I'd be actually eating the desserts for more than 30 minutes tops.
In your case you might consider arriving later so that you won't be bored after you're finished eating, waiting for the Stormtrooper march to the viewing area.
Is there anything to do after you've had your fill and before you are led out to see the show?
If you haven't already, there's all the stuff in the Launch Bay or you can harass and annoy the party staff. It's ok, they enjoy that.
I did make the move of changing our Biergarten from dinner to lunch that day in order to not be completely sick from food.
Excellent decision.

Just need to clarify something with this group, because I have seen conflicting reports elsewhere: when do they actually start taking names for Jedi Training? We have an 8:30 PPO at H&V, and am wondering if we can go sign up before going to breakfast or if I will have to rush out early with kids and run over there right at opening - and of course risk the meet and greet that is perfect for my 4 year old. Help?

My 8 year old daughter and I did the tour and dessert party on Monday.

We both enjoyed it, but I wouldn't do either again. I think they are good one off things to experience if you can afford it, but not unmissable experiences.

We originally booked just the dessert party, but once I added in the cost of a breakfast ADR to secure the Jedi training spot, it made more sense to do the tour (obviously that's now changed!)

Our guides were great, but there was a lot of walking over the 7 hour period (crossing the park because of rain and shifting the schedule), plus a fair amount of hanging about and waiting as well. They did a valiant job of spouting trivia to pass the time, but I wouldn't say it was riveting all the time!

We had rain which meant the March of the 1st order was cancelled, so we did a toy story fast pass (!) but we did get to do this later on thankfully.

My daughter loved the jedi training and fighting Darth Vader. Most tour kids were in that group, but not all. I saw an earlier group of Jedi training fight Kylo Ren...

We weren't let into the dessert party any earlier than people attending the party only - although they did start the dessert party slightly early and let both sets of guests in.

However I did notice that tour guests were allowed to cut straight to the front of the meet Chewie and Kylor Ren lines, but dessert party lanyard holders had to wait with park guests in line (bb8 had just one line for all).

The dessert party itself was a bit of a flop for me. Alcoholic drinks were just too sugary sweet. The bread pudding and frozen Nutella were ok. Cupcakes etc were pretty low quality I thought. The reserved area for the show didn't seem any better than elsewhere (maybe it wasn't that busy, but it was Labor Day so it was meant to be?)

My son (who was too young to attend) loves the tie fighter. No idea how I'm getting the damn things home though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter