**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Just goes to show you that Disney does listen..... sometimes.

A few pages back there was a very energetic discussion regarding the policy of allowing the tour group in before regular party guests. Many of you, and others not on here, let Disney know how you felt. I'm glad to report that as a direct result of guest complaints, the tour group is no longer allowed in first. They'll have to get inline along with everyone else.

They will however receive a perk to replace the perk that was taken away. The tour group will have a pre-party mini event in the courtyard at the Launch Bay where beverages will be served prior to opening. After that, they are free to get in line.
Correct. Tonight was the first night that this new procedure went into place.

A few pages back there was a very energetic discussion regarding the policy of allowing the tour group in before regular party guests. Many of you, and others not on here, let Disney know how you felt. I'm glad to report that as a direct result of guest complaints, the tour group is no longer allowed in first. They'll have to get inline along with everyone else.

They will however receive a perk to replace the perk that was taken away. The tour group will have a pre-party mini event in the courtyard at the Launch Bay where beverages will be served prior to opening. After that, they are free to get in line.

Wow! That's great news. We are doing the party on August 9th so will get to see this new policy fairly soon. Thanks for the update (as always).

I'm super excited to be doing the tour at the end of Sept. We were holding out for an Oct date but it's fastpass day tomorrow and I needed my plans in place. So we shuffled things around and booked it for the 30th. The only disappointment is I had a ppo Hollywood and Vine reservation that day to try to get DS10 into Jedi Training that now won't be needed. We were hoping for 2 shots this time since we missed out last time. Just been reading through this thread and I can't wait!

We have an 8am PPO at H&V (also Fantasmic! Package). We did this mostly to get our girls spots for Jedi Training. Thinking about canceling it though.
A) What time do they let everyone into the park (not PPO people)?
B) if we are near the front of this crowd, do you think there will be spots left for 11:10 or 11:40?
C) can we get through the sign-up process before rope drop? We value those first few mi utes before the lines build.
TIA!!
I can only share my experience but when we went in June 2016, we arrived about 8:20 and they were letting in guests to sign up. I think they had just started. We were at the back of that pack and we didn't move very fast bc my son was 4 at the time. We waited about 30-40 minutes to sign up. Mostly in the hot sun. The only show unavailable when we signed up was the first show. We did not finish before rope drop.

This June we had a PPO breakfast at 8:15. We got let in about 7:50 or so and immediately went to sign up. We waited maybe 5 minutes. We signed up for the first show. Then checked in for our meal. It was incredibly easy and we will plan to do this from here on out, as long as the procedure is the same.

So now that GMR is on the way out, what will the non-Jedi Training folks do during that portion of the tour?

@yulilin3 ~ CM performers who have been befriending Jawas are reporting today, July 29th, is the last day for Jawas in Launch Bay.

Jawas are expected to return when SW Galaxy's Edge opens.
Such a downer. Since it will be more than a year before SWGE opens, I wonder why they decided to end this little extra bit of fun now....?

Great news to hear! This sounds like it must have been a kicking and screaming decision for the deciding party to make with the constant stream of disgruntled guests it was creating. I'm glad they reached a decision that won't negatively impact other guests or pit guests against each other. The mini event actually seems to be a bonus for the tour group and far better perk than 15 additional minutes of the party. Feedback (albeit more than I thought should have been necessary) has definitely motivated a positive change.

Hi Everyone! I have two questions:

1) What are your opinions on Backlot Express? Favorite thing to eat there?

2) How much time do you allot for the Launch Bay in your day? My sons are 5 and 8, and nutty for Star Wars. I know this is subjective, but would like to hear what people "in the know" plan.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter