**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Well, the end of the Jawas at the launch bay makes the SWAGS party less appealing for sure. Not that they've opened it up for booking for Oct anyway...

The jawas weren't part of the party though

I know but they were in the area outside, right? The prices for dessert parties are hard for me to justify in my household, but immersive elements like the storm troopers and jawas kinda help. More than cheap plastic souvenirs anyway, I would rather be paying for a cool experience.

I went ahead and emailed Guest Relations about the Jawas. Hey, they changed the dessert party due to guest complaints, maybe they will backtrack on this if they get enough complaints? I basically said in the email it seems like Disney just doesn't care about the guest experience at DHS right now which is upsetting as I'm paying a lot of money for a visit and won't be back for years!

I just read a blog post tonight from Kenny the Pirate that says there are rumors of Rey meeting with BB8 soon and that they will need the Jawa space for the longer queue this would most likely create. I thought Star Wars face characters were not possible, but perhaps I've misunderstood. However, if there turns out to be truth to this rumor, could that be why they are slow to release party dates for October? Could they possibly be reworking the party location? When we attended earlier this year, there were tables scattered in the Jawa area, but if they need that space for a queue, then it seems there might not be room for tables up there.

I just read a blog post tonight from Kenny the Pirate that says there are rumors of Rey meeting with BB8 soon and that they will need the Jawa space for the longer queue this would most likely create. I thought Star Wars face characters were not possible, but perhaps I've misunderstood. However, if there turns out to be truth to this rumor, could that be why they are slow to release party dates for October? Could they possibly be reworking the party location? When we attended earlier this year, there were tables scattered in the Jawa area, but if they need that space for a queue, then it seems there might not be room for tables up there.
That could be pretty cool! They've been doing face Marvel characters at DCA (and Starlord at DHS) so maybe that's been going well enough they are willing to do Star Wars?

That part of the tour has been written out for a while. The non Jedi training folks now have a few different options.
Do you know what the different options will be? We are doing the tour at the end of Sept and are doing Jedi Training but I need to know what I'm missing out on while I'm gone! :confused3

There had been plenty of SW face characters meet and greet, obviously during star wars weekends, what is not going to happen anymore is the disney characters in sw clothing, like jedi mickey, Darth goofy, etc, and that's per LucasFilm not disney

Still disappointed about the Jawas leaving, but do you think a new character meet n greet would be in place by December/January?
Also, waiting to find out if they are going to alternate JBJB and SW dessert party; or when SW dessert party will return (january 1??) since JBJB is only through 12/31

Still disappointed about the Jawas leaving, but do you think a new character meet n greet would be in place by December/January?
Also, waiting to find out if they are going to alternate JBJB and SW dessert party; or when SW dessert party will return (january 1??) since JBJB is only through 12/31
The Rey meet and greet is a rumor at this point, nothing has been announced by Disney so I wouldn't plan on it until then
I am almost 100% sure that the JBJB and SWaGS shows will alternate during the holiday season, just based on the wording by the Disney Parks Blog

The Rey meet and greet is a rumor at this point, nothing has been announced by Disney so I wouldn't plan on it until then
I am almost 100% sure that the JBJB and SWaGS shows will alternate during the holiday season, just based on the wording by the Disney Parks Blog
Thank you!
I think I'm just doing some wishful thinking with the possibility of a new meet and greet.
But am thrilled about the possibility of doing both parties at HS- or at least to possibly have the option.

There had been plenty of SW face characters meet and greet, obviously during star wars weekends, what is not going to happen anymore is the disney characters in sw clothing, like jedi mickey, Darth goofy, etc, and that's per LucasFilm not disney

Thanks for getting me up to speed on that. I'm not sure how I feel about someone other than Daisy Ridley playing Rey, but at least now I know it is possible. I must have confused the non-face character restrictions with face character ones.

Thanks for getting me up to speed on that. I'm not sure how I feel about someone other than Daisy Ridley playing Rey, but at least now I know it is possible. I must have confused the non-face character restrictions with face character ones.
During SWW we had Leia, Luke and Mace Windu, other characters that were face characters but obviously with the makeup were Darth Maul, Shaak Tii, Aurra Sing, Queen Amidala, Ahsoka Tano
I agree that if (since it is still a rumor) they ever do a Rey meet she would have to nail the accent

I would rather that your interpretation be the correct one, but the silence that they are alternating is deafening. Maybe it's just too soon though.
Last year I would have LOVED it if they alternated the two shows giving us a choice...but instead, less than a month before our trip, they pulled SWAGS and put in JBJB as the only show...:mad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter