**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So with SWGE opening on 8/29, what will be the fate of the dessert party? (I'm sorry if this info has already been posted; I haven't checked out this thread for awhile.) We have enjoyed it immensely on our past two trips and were hoping to do it again the first week in September of this year.

So with SWGE opening on 8/29, what will be the fate of the dessert party? (I'm sorry if this info has already been posted; I haven't checked out this thread for awhile.) We have enjoyed it immensely on our past two trips and were hoping to do it again the first week in September of this year.
My guess is that they will continue running the show and dessert party, they will want people to leave Batuu and the show will entice people out of the land at night. But that is just a guess

My guess is that they will continue running the show and dessert party, they will want people to leave Batuu and the show will entice people out of the land at night. But that is just a guess
Kinda related because if the Launch Bay disappears after GE is fully open, the dessert party will lose it's venue, but have you heard what the fate of the Launch Bay will be?

they have said that all SW current offerings will stay for the time being
I wonder how long time being is? The Launch Bay is not that busy and it costs quite a bit to staff it, I have a feeling time being may be about 6 months after GE fully opens.

Here's a thought... maybe after "time being" ends, the Dessert Party and Fireworks Show will no longer be Star Wars, and will revert to something more HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS generic, and the Dessert Party will return to the courtyard of the Chinese Theater.... just thinking that with a whole land dedicated to Star Wars, maybe there doesn't need to be such a presence in the rest of the park....

Here's a thought... maybe after "time being" ends, the Dessert Party and Fireworks Show will no longer be Star Wars, and will revert to something more HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS generic, and the Dessert Party will return to the courtyard of the Chinese Theater.... just thinking that with a whole land dedicated to Star Wars, maybe there doesn't need to be such a presence in the rest of the park....
not sure about the courtyard since MMRR is opening soon and that will be popular and probably the queue might spill onto the courtyard.
I'm also thinking they will continue with SW offerings outside the land for those poor souls that cannot get into the land

Very interesting, who knows, you may be on to something, but as Yulilin3 said, the Chinese Theater courtyard will not be available once MMRR opens.

Here's what I think, and it's based on absolutely no facts. SWaGS and the dessert party will cease to exist once GE is in full swing. SWaGS main purpose was to attract and keep Guests in the park. I don't think that will be necessary after GE opens so why spend thousands of dollars every night if the park is beyond full?

Very interesting, who knows, you may be on to something, but as Yulilin3 said, the Chinese Theater courtyard will not be available once MMRR opens.

Here's what I think, and it's based on absolutely no facts. SWaGS and the dessert party will cease to exist once GE is in full swing. SWaGS main purpose was to attract and keep Guests in the park. I don't think that will be necessary after GE opens so why spend thousands of dollars every night if the park is beyond full?

I guess we shall see! Hopefully it will be available in September, but if not, it was fun while it lasted!

I sure hope they keep it around for a good, long time! Star Wars music is fantastic with fireworks, and it's usually how I end my yearly visit to Disney. I think @yulilin3 has a great point that until crowds die down, they really should have something Star Wars outside of GE.o_O

Makes sense to me. It's not like they don't have another nighttime show. This thread tends to be biased (me included!) :rolleyes1...but I'm sure they'll keep Fantasmic.

I have been eyeing the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party for a while now. I want to make a reservation for July, but the calendar just stops at June 30th. It hasn't updated for a few weeks yet. Does anyone have any idea as to when July will become available?

All of June became available in one chunk on or about 2/21/19. I’m assuming July will do the same on or about 3/21/19. Hope so anyway!

I have been eyeing the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party for a while now. I want to make a reservation for July, but the calendar just stops at June 30th. It hasn't updated for a few weeks yet. Does anyone have any idea as to when July will become available?
Helpful hint
Watch daily starting now. Some months showed up on the 18th.
When’s it does appear on the calendars, you may still not be able to book. Most times it takes about a day for you to actually book. Calling Disney doesn’t help, they can’t book it either until some magic switch gets thrown..

Booked the dessert party for June 10th, a few weeks ago. Did it in June 2017 so excited to try it with seating this time. A few questions:

Is Disney Movie Magic after Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular? Though it will change to a new show before June, correct?

And what time are they walking you out now?

I'm trying to decide if I want to build time in to do the meet and greets before the party starts.

TIA

Booked the dessert party for June 10th, a few weeks ago. Did it in June 2017 so excited to try it with seating this time. A few questions:

Is Disney Movie Magic after Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular? Though it will change to a new show before June, correct?

And what time are they walking you out now?

I'm trying to decide if I want to build time in to do the meet and greets before the party starts.

TIA
For june you will actually get Wonderful World of Animation, it's 20 minutes before SWaGS, you're basically walked out 30 min before SWaGS

For june you will actually get Wonderful World of Animation, it's 20 minutes before SWaGS, you're basically walked out 30 min before SWaGS
Great thanks! Would you personally work in time to meet the Launch Bay characters before the party?

I would. Even though there have been many reports that you have time to do chewie and bb8 during the party. I would rather spend that time relaxing and enjoying the food, drinks and atmosphere.
Remember Kylo m&g comes with the party
Now if you simply don't have time to do them before then you could during the party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter