**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Ok, today I was filling a gap in my January trip plan and decided to sign my party up for the Star Wars dessert party. Not knowing much about this event, I was trying to find out more. We like food, we like preferred viewing. Seems like a winner based on the comments!

Ok, today I was filling a gap in my January trip plan and decided to sign my party up for the Star Wars dessert party. Not knowing much about this event, I was trying to find out more. We like food, we like preferred viewing. Seems like a winner based on the comments!

We love it, we've done it 4 times and will soon do a 5th. We aren't willing to wait a long time and jostle for good spots fighting the crowd, so dessert parties are right up our alley for that. The desserts and drinks are a great bonus - my kids love the "free" mickey bars (hope they still have them). I thought the viewing area was pretty good after the move to the closer, slightly raise area. Arguably a little close, but not too much so and having plenty of guaranteed room without having to look for a spot is so worth it IMO! We haven't done it since the menu change and seating was added, though, so I can't comment on the current exact event. However, the lack of seating was always our #1 complaint so i can't see how it got anything but better!

Well former SWaGS dessert party attendees, going all the way back to when it took place outdoors. It's been great fun meeting many, many of you face to face and selecting many of you as the "Guide family of the night". Last Saturday night was my last SWaGS party and as usual I selected the family. It was also my last night as a CM. I chose to spend the last week doing dessert parties by the WS Lagoon at Epcot and at the Launch Bay. Unfortunately for you, I'm now retired from Disney but not from here, so I'll still be here to harass and annoy you.

Reports are in that Jedi Training will be closing on both coasts. https://wdwnt.com/2018/10/breaking-jedi-training-show-to-end-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/
Supposedly the last date is Nov. 3rd.

I'd never thought I'd ever see a cut back of this caliber, especially since this experience was so popular.

I'm wondering if at this point they are going to cut out toilet paper and you will have to bring your own.

~NM

I just read this and I went to Disney's website and it still listing show dates after November 3 even though that article says it doesn't. We are in HS on the 9th and my son was really looking forward to Jedi Training.

I finally decided to just go ahead and book the party! It will be a birthday surprise for DS turning 5, so I can’t wait to see his reaction :) He is a diehard Star Wars fan & has seen almost all of the movies at this point...he knows more random SW info than some adults! Saturday can’t come quick enough!!

Glad you enjoyed it, so disappointed that I wasn't there.
I think you have that backwards, the Stormtroopers were chosen to lead your kids. What day in June did you attend?

Haha, I guess you’re right, they were behind the stormtroopers! I guess they were leading the guests. For some reason leading sticks in my head as to what they did . Either way, it was fun for them and for us to watch them be excited to be chosen!

We attended on Friday June 15th.

I’m trying to add a pic, crossing my fingers it works.

05367FDB-0283-43F8-8A04-79871906C388.jpeg

Well former SWaGS dessert party attendees, going all the way back to when it took place outdoors. It's been great fun meeting many, many of you face to face and selecting many of you as the "Guide family of the night". Last Saturday night was my last SWaGS party and as usual I selected the family. It was also my last night as a CM. I chose to spend the last week doing dessert parties by the WS Lagoon at Epcot and at the Launch Bay. Unfortunately for you, I'm now retired from Disney but not from here, so I'll still be here to harass and annoy you.
Harrass away my friend! Welcome to retirement!

Thank you so much for all of the amazing info! Happy retirement!

I just read this and I went to Disney's website and it still listing show dates after November 3 even though that article says it doesn't. We are in HS on the 9th and my son was really looking forward to Jedi Training.
Speaking of JTA - how have signups been recently? Our HS day is after MNSSHP, so we will not make rope drop (hoping to arrive between 10 and 11). Still a chance to get in, or should we not even bother trying?

Speaking of JTA - how have signups been recently? Our HS day is after MNSSHP, so we will not make rope drop (hoping to arrive between 10 and 11). Still a chance to get in, or should we not even bother trying?
I've walked by recently around noonish and there will still spots available

Congrats on your retirement! :thanks:Thank you for providing so much insight and helping make many special memories for all!!

Do we know if Jedi Training in DHS is continuing? I read the rumor that it's leaving (just like the Disneyland one), but then I've also read that it's NOT true. Anyone know the story?

Do we know if Jedi Training in DHS is continuing? I read the rumor that it's leaving (just like the Disneyland one), but then I've also read that it's NOT true. Anyone know the story?
It’s continuing for now...

(It very likely will eventually end and move into SWGE)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter