**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

So I watched SWaGS from the new reserved area (center stage) and this is not the best spot. Not the worst but you miss the wideness and the light effects that happens around you and in the surrounding buildings
Good thing is that mostly everyone sat down, i was all the way in the back and toward the left and was able to sit on the ledge and was perfectly comfortable, you get a great view of the Chinese theater and the right projection screen. You miss some of the lower fireworks.

For tonight’s event at 7, will we be allowed in at 4? I thought it odd that the regular closing time moved from 7 to 6. I wasn’t sure if that meant we won’t enter until 6:30 or so. (I am on the dark side right now and haven’t come up with a good number to call at DHS.). Thoughts?

I'm here at dhs today and have seen 2 of the photo backdrops already set.
One is K2SO at the new grand avenue area by Muppets, the other seems to be the emperor's chair inside the Frozen queue. Let you know if i see anything else

That is great. Thanks for the updates. We will probably get there around 4pm. Say hi if you see us!

We really want the K2 photo - thinking we should get in line early? But honestly don’t know what to expect. Only have Christmas and Halloween parties to base decisions on.

For tonight’s event at 7, will we be allowed in at 4? I thought it odd that the regular closing time moved from 7 to 6. I wasn’t sure if that meant we won’t enter until 6:30 or so. (I am on the dark side right now and haven’t come up with a good number to call at DHS.). Thoughts?
We have tickets for tonight, are coming in full costume and wondering what time to come also. I heard 5pm but hoping the full costumes won’t cause problems with entering early. Hoping someone knows?

We are going tonight (saw the Last Jedi last night!) and not sure when to show up either. We are also more or less “in costume”. I was going to show up a bit before 7 but now it seems like we should go earlier?
Have fun Su Lynn looking forward to your report when you get back :darth: :chewy:

Last edited:

For reasons completely beyond my understanding, the system let me make FP+ selections for my brother (who has no other admission media other than Galactic Nights) for earlier. Go go broken IT! He wasn't going to use any of them (bad back right now), but I was amused. Since I have an AP, I'm heading in before him to hit a few rides I keep missing on other trips like ToT. And to continue not being the Rebel Spy :sad:

So I just noticed that Secrets of the Empire has a 10 age minimum now an that was most definitely not the case when we bought tickets back in October. I mean, I guess I'll just lie and say my 8 year old is 10 but curious if anyone else is in the same boat with having bought tickets already but finding out after the fact they have changed their policy.

Thanks. For what it is worth, I called and eventually spoke with someone that understood the question. The response was 4 p.m., but we still will likely go closer to 5 p.m.
My response, as usual, is off "The HUB". Below is one of two quotes which say the same thing in different wording. But that doesn't mean that "The HUB" is always correct.

"While the party officially begins at 7:00pm, event Guests can begin their Star Wars celebration with the event mix-in as early as 5:00pm. If a Guest has entered the park prior to the Main Entrance event credential distribution, please direct them to Grand Park (formerly Muppet Courtyard), the Tower of Terror FastPass+ kiosk or Rebel Base (Chinese Theater Courtyard) to pick up their event credentials".

I can't believe today is finally here! We are going to spend a little time at Disney Springs then head to the party. Have fun everyone!

Would love to hear about anyone’s experience with Secrets of the Empire in the next few days? Just reserved DH a spot Friday morning. Bummed my kiddos are too young and we can’t do it together, but he is PUMPED!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter