**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I guess today is the first day of the sw experience over at Disney springs, my daughter's step mom works for the dvc department and got free tickets to try it, she offered one to my daughter but she was working tonight so couldn't go.
If anyone does it please make sure to report back

I'm going Sunday!

Sappy Star Wars Post: Here we are again, opening night of a brand new movie to add to our beloved Saga. I can't help but reflect my own fandom for Star Wars and how it started.
One day when I was young, very young, I turned on the T.V. and they were showing Star Wars, it instantly caught my attention and I watched the whole thing and I was hooked. None of my family were fans of Sci Fi adventures so I really don't know how I got so into it, through the years I would catch the other movies on T.V. not sharing my love for SW with anyone I knew, then came the prequels and while I got my then husband to watch Episode I, he did not like it (I can't blame him
1f642.png
:) ) and so I was left with that trilogy to enjoy by myself again. This time around is different, I have 2 kids that love the Saga and many friends that I have made because of SW, and so I get to share opening night with them and all of you. I have been around Disney fans, Harry Potter fans but SW fans are the best, hands down. We are all very supportive of each other no matter what, it's a sense of family most people don't get even with their real families.
So happy opening day everyone, enjoy every second of it and...
MTFBWY

I'm going Sunday!
That's awesome, my son went with his stepmom. I won't spoil the actual experience but he LOVED IT.
But he did say it was too short. There is about 15 minutes for general directions and to get into the gear (apparently it's a lot of gear) and then only about 12 minutes of the actual experience. We will try and go during winter break

I went to a cast preview of the Star Wars virtual reality thing. It was pretty interesting, and I think I would have had more fun if I had been with friends and not three strangers. It was definitely an innovative and unique experience.

My main gripe is that the vests you wear during it are not sized for larger people or women who are well endowed in the chest department and I found it fairly uncomfortable. Other than that, the gear wasn’t too bad.

I went to a cast preview of the Star Wars virtual reality thing. It was pretty interesting, and I think I would have had more fun if I had been with friends and not three strangers. It was definitely an innovative and unique experience.

My main gripe is that the vests you wear during it are not sized for larger people or women who are well endowed in the chest department and I found it fairly uncomfortable. Other than that, the gear wasn’t too bad.
I'm curious as to the head piece. Since I have glasses I'm not sure how comfortable that would be

Just another reason to be thankful of being a dude. #womenstillruletheworld as the infamous Beyonce poignantly suggests

So long as my flight arrives on time tomorrow afternoon I'm hoping to be at DHS in the evening to catch SWAGS and I'll definitely be there on Saturday for Galactic Nights.

I'd be curious to try the VR experience if I get time during my week long trip. It certainly sounds interesting.

For those going to opening night later I hope you have fun. TLJ opened at midnight in the UK and I saw it on the IMAX screen at our local multiplex which offered a TFA/TLJ double bill which started with TFA at 9 pm with TLJ premiering at one minute past midnight! I won't comment on the film at all so as not to spoil it for others but it was amazing seeing so many Star Wars fans out last night. The manager of the multiplex was on local radio this morning and he said there were about 1000 people watching the premiere at midnight with every screen at the multiplex full to capacity!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts