**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Am thinking about doing Two spectaculars in one night possibly on Easter. One of them is Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular at 9 PM. To help speed my way to Magic Kingdom for a 10 PM Wishes, Where should I position myself? Should I position myself to get the best view of the projections or right by the exit? It's tight timewise, but would rather do two days at WDW than one day and Galactic Spectacular.

We did this the other night (2/25), but it was a 7:15 SWaGS and 9pm Wishes. Express bus rocks for this! HS closed at 8, last bus to MK was 8:20, no problem getting to the bus after the show. Then we were at MK by about 8:40 (rode the People Mover and walked all the way to Fantasyland before Wishes started). Not suer how it would work with a 9 & 10pm but you might make it. Not having to go through security at MK makes all the difference.

Can someone clarify what the reserved viewing area is like? Do you have as much room as you do for the Plaza Garden viewing for MK dessert party? Also curious about the front area being reserved for children? We have 3 girls (10, 8, and 6)...is it better for them to be in that area while my wife and I stand back in the pack? Or will they see just fine in the "adult" section? Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks!

We had a ton of space - stood to the left of the wheelchair/kids space. There was only one ECV in the entire area, so the girls (8, 6, & 4) hung out right next to us but in the section with no one in front of them - it was good bc my DD(8) got a bit scared and was able to easily come out to us. If it was farther away, there's no way she would have left us. My DS(11) is adult-sized, so he just stood with us.

For those who are doing Costumes for Galactic Nights on April 14th, WDW today confirmed that Costumes will be allowed into the event as long as you aren't wearing a mask. This is for all ages and not just for kids. Don't know if this matches MNSSHP rules for adults. I thought that they made costumes only for Kids at MNSSHP last year, but I don't pay attention because Fall is a no go time at WDW due to fannish things.

For those who are doing Costumes for Galactic Nights on April 14th, WDW today confirmed that Costumes will be allowed into the event as long as you aren't wearing a mask. This is for all ages and not just for kids. Don't know if this matches MNSSHP rules for adults. I thought that they made costumes only for Kids at MNSSHP last year, but I don't pay attention because Fall is a no go time at WDW due to fannish things.
pretty much same guidelines At MNSSHP was no masks or capes/dresses that reached the floor and dragged

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...star-wars-galactic-nights-happening-april-14/
First, Vanessa Marshall, the voice of Hera Syndulla from Star Wars Rebels, will serve as host of “Inside the Saga: Celebrity Chat Show” and take you behind the scenes of the latest installment to the Star Wars franchise, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. This event-exclusive offering will take place multiple times throughout the event in the Epic Theater. You also won’t want to miss the Inside the Saga pre-show, featuring Star Wars Show hosts, Andi Gutierrez and Anthony Carboni.

Guests of all ages can explore Disney’s Hollywood Studios in the Seize the Saga Interactive Scavenger Hunt, searching for unique Star Wars photo backdrops. Guests will step into immersive and iconic scenes from the films, including a newly created backdrop from Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and receive a themed piece representing each of the eight Star Wars films. These pieces will come together to form a one of a kind event keepsake.

And as previously announced, the event will mark the debut appearance of BB-8 at Star Wars Launch Bay.

Park access and activities will be limited to Star Wars: Galactic Nights event ticket holders only. Here’s a look at other event offerings:

• Rebel Base Activities – The Rebel Base will serve as the event hub with multiple events, hosted shows, Star Wars dance parties and more taking place in the center of the park.
  • Can’t miss Star Wars photo ops – Don your Star Wars finest (see costume guidelines here) and enjoy iconic Star Wars backdrops, including the debut appearance of BB-8, Han Solo cast in carbonite, Jabba the Hutt’s Palace, the Hoth Wampa Cave and more.
  • Galactic Nights Stars in Cars Motorcade – This procession will welcome in Star Wars celebrities down Hollywood Blvd.
  • Imperial March & March of the First Order – Get your cameras ready for the arrival of the dark side. Darth Vader will lead a battalion of stormtroopers on a dramatic march down Hollywood Blvd to the Event Stage. Captain Phasma will also lead a unit of First Order stormtroopers through the park, pausing to give a demonstration of power and strength.
  • Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away – Watch high-energy clips of the best moments from the film saga juxtaposed with character moments on stage, featuring Chewbacca, Darth Vader, Kylo Ren and more.
  • Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – The skies will come alive with the power of the Force, as the park’s popular Star Wars-themed nighttime spectacular lights up the night.
  • Show Your Star Wars Spirit – Come dressed as your favorite character and celebrate 40 years of Star Wars milestones.
Other popular attractions will be open, including Star Wars Launch Bay. Additional offerings will include the chance to experience Star Tours-The Adventures Continue attraction, AWR Trooper sightings, roaming droids, Star Wars-themed F&B, special merchandise and much more.

The event will be held at the park from 7 p.m.-midnight. The Star Wars: Galactic Nights ticket costs $129 plus tax for adults and $124 plus tax for children ages 9 and under. Tickets to the Star Wars: Galactic Nights event is separate from admission to Star Wars Celebration at the Orange County Convention Center, April 13-16, 2017. Click here for info on that event. Disney Vacation Club and Passholder discount available. Tickets are extremely limited, so click here or call 407-827-7036 for more information or to book now.

Ok, freaking out a little and hoping someone knows what's going on!

I've been stalking the dessert party, waiting for dates in May. Checked today, May dates are not showing open, BUT there are dates highlighted in blue the week that we are there. Is there something going on that week that I missed? Should I be concerned?

This is what I see:

SWdessert party.PNG

Ok, freaking out a little and hoping someone knows what's going on!

I've been stalking the dessert party, waiting for dates in May. Checked today, May dates are not showing open, BUT there are dates highlighted in blue the week that we are there. Is there something going on that week that I missed? Should I be concerned?

This is what I see:

View attachment 224470

I am pretty sure you are simply logged into MDE and they are just highlighting the dates of your on-site reservation! I just logged on and checked May and am seeing different dates highlighted in blue, matched to my own ressie. :)

LOL! Thank you!!
It seems my daughter linked us to her reservation last night! We are offsite starting May 13th and it didn't even dawn on me that she linked us. I just checked with her when the onsite stay starts, and yep.... May 15th is check in at BLT. :o
You would think this was my first visit! LOL!! :rolleyes:

We recently attended Magic Kingdom After Hours and it was fantastic thanks to the small crowds. Does anyone know if Disney will similarly be limiting the number of tickets sold for Galactic Nights?

Also, does anyone know if the boats to the Swan and Beach Club be running at midnight when the special park hours end?

We recently attended Magic Kingdom After Hours and it was fantastic thanks to the small crowds. Does anyone know if Disney will similarly be limiting the number of tickets sold for Galactic Nights?

I doubt it. Disney has a history of overselling these special hard ticket parties (Think Villains Unleashed). Hopefully they learned their lesson, but I certainly wouldn't count on it being anywhere as low as Disney After Hours.

I did the tour on Wednesday with my DH, DS (5.5), DD (4).

Here are my thoughts on it:
- i felt like it could have been an hour or 2 less - quite a bit of waiting
- the snack, dinner and dessert party were too close together, I would move dinner to a later lunch and maybe remove the popcorn snack all together so we were not full for dessert (I did order the salad because of this, but it would have been nice to pace it out more)
- it was totally worth it for the Jedi training and fireworks for the kids. I do not think it is worth it for just adults, you could do the whole thing by yourself in 2 hours and then just book the dessert party. They did give some fun star wars facts, but it was a huge time commitment and I really didn't see the value if you didn't do the jedi training - but that is my 2 cents, other will disagree (I am not a super fan, so I was doing it for the kids and my husband)
- the dessert party did not feel crowded at all, there were plenty of tables for everyone. We got there so early I felt we had too much time to kill after we ate and saw the characters.
- the 3 that did the tour were great and made us feel special and taken care of. Having places to watch all the shows and not need to fight a crowd was pretty cool. Since we were the first row my kids could sit in their strollers when needed to watch shows and fireworks, so that was a huge plus with all the walking and standing on this tour.

I knew going in this was a 1 and done for us, and overall we enjoyed it. The look on our son's face during the whole day was priceless. If you have questions, I am happy to help.

- it was totally worth it for the Jedi training and fireworks for the kids. I do not think it is worth it for just adults, you could do the whole thing by yourself in 2 hours and then just book the dessert party. They did give some fun star wars facts, but it was a huge time commitment and I really didn't see the value if you didn't do the jedi training - but that is my 2 cents, other will disagree (I am not a super fan, so I was doing it for the kids and my husband)

This is SO helpful, @SunTravels! Thank you! I have been debating doing this with my kids, DS10 and DS7, largely because of the long time commitment and waiting. It sounds like, despite those negatives, your kids still enjoyed it overall, which is encouraging. With the Jedi Training, I am curious whether your kids fought the Seventh Sister or Vader? I know someone above said that the Tour kids did not get any kind of preference and that most of the kids on his tour got the Seventh Sister. I think it would be nice since the Tour is paying a premium if the kids got to fight Vader! (Mine are fairly enthusiastic Star Wars fans, but still have no idea who the Seventh Sister is. She seems pretty obscure to me!).

Anyway, I think that is my only question right now. Thank you again SO much for sharing your experience!

This is SO helpful, @SunTravels! Thank you! I have been debating doing this with my kids, DS10 and DS7, largely because of the long time commitment and waiting. It sounds like, despite those negatives, your kids still enjoyed it overall, which is encouraging. With the Jedi Training, I am curious whether your kids fought the Seventh Sister or Vader? I know someone above said that the Tour kids did not get any kind of preference and that most of the kids on his tour got the Seventh Sister. I think it would be nice since the Tour is paying a premium if the kids got to fight Vader! (Mine are fairly enthusiastic Star Wars fans, but still have no idea who the Seventh Sister is. She seems pretty obscure to me!).

Anyway, I think that is my only question right now. Thank you again SO much for sharing your experience!

All but 2 on the tour fought Darth Vadar (there were a lot of kids on the tour). My son was so happy to fight Vadar, I totally agree it would have been a bummer to pay that much and not get to fight him (but I did tell my son that he may not get to beforehand so he would not be too bummed). They check in the tour first and filled the first line (for Vadar) with the tour kids. I would say don't be shy and ask. Everyone running the tour and working the attractions really tried to accommodate any request.

The Seventh Sister is from the Disney XD animated series Star Wars Rebels. As a huge Star Wars fan who watches the show and thus knows who she is, I would definitely say she is an obscure character. I define any character that does not have substantial screen time in the movies as obscure. Doesn't mean that an obscure character is a bad character, but just obscure. And I would encourage people to inform Disney that replacing the Seventh Sister with a movie character is better for everyone. I have many good friends that are huge Star Wars fans who will give me a blank stare if I ask them who the Seventh Sister is.

Here are my thoughts on it:(Shortened for quote reasons)

Thanks for this. I've been sort of on the fence about doing the tour or just the dessert party. We can't really take advantage of Jedi training(no kids) and we like to eat dinner early(usually around 4-5) so I'm definitely going for just the dessert party.

Now, if only they would drop it for May...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter