**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Can someone clarify what the reserved viewing area is like? Do you have as much room as you do for the Plaza Garden viewing for MK dessert party? Also curious about the front area being reserved for children? We have 3 girls (10, 8, and 6)...is it better for them to be in that area while my wife and I stand back in the pack? Or will they see just fine in the "adult" section? Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks!

Can someone clarify what the reserved viewing area is like? Do you have as much room as you do for the Plaza Garden viewing for MK dessert party? Also curious about the front area being reserved for children? We have 3 girls (10, 8, and 6)...is it better for them to be in that area while my wife and I stand back in the pack? Or will they see just fine in the "adult" section? Any feedback is appreciated.
Thanks!
plenty of pictures on page one in the dessert party and fireworks posts
You don't have a ton of space but if you move all the way back of the reserved viewing area there is more breathing room since people tend to move forward. The area all the way in the front is reserved for wheelchairs and ecv, if there is space left they allow kids to join.

No need to read the whole thread, page one is updated by subject and there are links to reviews and pictures[/QUOTE

I did go to the first page after I typed that message. Let me just say Thank You for all the time and effort you put forth to provide all thus information! Now I just have to wait to see if we get to experience the dessert party!

Ironically I live in Michigan if you can believe that - I always have to tell people I'm from Ohio : ) Needless to say we're a bit out of our element up here with our OSU clothing.

Anyway yes we have a late lunch at Sci Fi this year (we go in April). Lunch is at 1:40, that way we should be hungry for desserts and snacks at the dessert party. There is cheese and crackers and other stuff in addition to the desserts so it's a better game plan for us to have not eaten right before. Personally we don't get to the park until at least 11:00. We've been to HS quite a few times so we only need an afternoon/evening to accomplish everything we want to do. That will of course change when Toy Story and Star Wars lands open up. The dessert party is worth it for me just to not hear my hubby complain about the mass of people. Let me know if you any other questions, hopefully they are still running the Star Wars show when you go. I'd be shocked if they weren't since there's a new movie this year in Dec. Rogue One was a different animal than Episode VIII will be.

Edited to add - that's a great week to go, we did that back before my kids were in high school. Now it's too hard to miss any school.

Haha! Scarlet and Grey are not such safe colors to wear up where you are! Thank you so much for all the information about the party. HS is the same kind if park for us too, and we can't wait for Toy Story and Star Wars lands to open. We've actually have never even been in HS at night! We always go in the morning and leave by the late afternoon, which is another reason why I would LoVE for us to do the dessert party!
We usually go in October for our daughters birthday, but just our DD and I went in December (she performed in Disney Springs with her theater troupe) and when we got home and raved about the weather, the holiday decor, MVMCP, my husband couldn't stand that he missed it all so we're going back. It's a great time to go!

To be honest I recommend doing a late lunch if you can and skipping dinner. There's so much food at the dessert party. Last year we had dinner and then went and I was already too full to enjoy the desserts. I've got a new game plan for this year.

This is actually what I ended up doing. Initially, I couldn't book the DP because my ADR time for 50's overlapped with it. So I switched my 50's ADR to another night, leaving me just a late lunch on the day of the SWAGS DP.

@yulilin3 great article!

just hanging out and following along as we wait for our June date to open up - love the SW dessert party so I look forward to treating ourselves to that again this summer!

THe Galactic Nights event is going to have events that the tour won't do. Tour is only during Regular Theme Park hours. What the different events are:

-Talk show with some folks from the Movies/TV Shows (TBA).
-Special Parade with Guests from the Star Wars Movies.
-Debut of BB-8 as a character.
-Special Scavenger Hunt.

Here's the full information on it: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/star-wars-galactic-nights/. If you are a big Star Wars fan, I would say give a day of Star Wars Celebration a shot over this event. If you are more a casual Star Wars fan or don't have time to take away from the WDW trip, then I would do this event. (Note: I am the person running the Star Wars Celebration thread, so I am biased on this from a certain point of view.

Or just be like the psycho star wars fan i am and go to celebration friday and then head over to the parks for this! That is what me and a ton of my friends are doing! All my star wars podcasting buddies and I will be at Galactic Nights!

Galactic Nights will be my first time attending the premiere of a Disney event. Usually, I first have the benefit of reading others' experiences online.

So, what is Disney's typical protocol for providing details for the event? Will Disney give more info (e.g., the names and times of speakers, how JTA will work, etc.) in advance? Or, do we grab a park map that night and quickly plan a strategy?

I'm slightly concerned that 5 hours isn't much time if you spend a chunk of time on the fireworks show and a chunk of time waiting for BB-8. (And, it's Friday afternoon, and I'd rather think about Disney than work.)

Galactic Nights will be my first time attending the premiere of a Disney event. Usually, I first have the benefit of reading others' experiences online.

So, what is Disney's typical protocol for providing details for the event? Will Disney give more info (e.g., the names and times of speakers, how JTA will work, etc.) in advance? Or, do we grab a park map that night and quickly plan a strategy?

I'm slightly concerned that 5 hours isn't much time if you spend a chunk of time on the fireworks show and a chunk of time waiting for BB-8. (And, it's Friday afternoon, and I'd rather think about Disney than work.)
I am not expecting a ton of details before the event.
As always I would prioritize what you want to do
For me personally I will bypass BB8 since I'll be able to meet him another day, also not too worried about grabbing a great spot for SWaGS, I plan on watching it from right in front of GMR
For me the priorities are RnRC (if it's opened, I hope for thee SW soundtrack), Galactic Stars in Cars motorcade and the talk show.
I am worried that the motorcade will happen first and people will be already lining up for thee talk show at the Indy theater but I would rather watch the motorcade and try and find a last minute seat at the theater.
Other than that just taking in the atmosphere and characters walking around
Hopefully some CM friend will have some access to information ahead of time and post it here (please and thank you)

For me personally I will bypass BB8 since I'll be able to meet him another day,

Thanks! I hope others follow your lead on BB-8. Unfortunately, we're going down just for Easter weekend and won't be back for a while. We might be able to squeeze in a quick visit to DHS on our last day, so I'll keep that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter