Official SHADES OF GREEN Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
you would upload your picture to a photo host like Photobucket.com and then use the links provided there, and paste that link here. :)

I'd love to see your pic! I was thinking (and I know I'm overthinking) that staying on the golf course side would be nice because it's not facing west - so in the afternoons there would be shade....

Could you tell me what room you were in? And how long do you estimate that it took you to get from 1)your room to the buses 2)your room to the pool area

Thanks for any help you have. :)

We were in room 4041. The walk to the buses and restaurants are just right downstairs. The pools were not that close. The Mickey pool is in the old section and is kind of a hike to get there.

I hope I did this download right for the pictures.

We were in room 4041. The walk to the buses and restaurants are just right downstairs. The pools were not that close. The Mickey pool is in the old section and is kind of a hike to get there.

I hope I did this download right for the pictures.

Hey! I have those same exact pictures. Imagine that. ;) ;)

Hi everyone,

I know this has probably been on this thread a million times before, there are JUST so many pages. We are coming to SOG in june, FIRST time (YEA, CAN'T WAIT) My boyriends father has a herniated disc in back, I was wondering what the distance is to Poly to catch the monorail into the parks or is there a better idea for us like the buses, My boyfriend says im worrying waaaaaaaaay to much, just go with the flow, but I'm concerned. NEVER been to WDW before! AND IT LOOKS HUGE!!!!! From the pics Ive seen I CANNOT WAIT TO STAY AT SOG!!! We actually was offered Pop Century by disney, then was told about SOG, we were sold immediatly! Any help is greatly appreciated :)

4 1/2 months and counting down ........

There are buses to the parks that come at regularly scheduled times to SoG. It's about a 10 minute walk to the Poly, and sometimes you can get a golf cart ride to the end of the road, but you still have to walk over to the Poly from there. I'd stick with the SoG bus if I were you.

I'd stick with the bus. Hopefully he doesn't have trouble walking. I have a herniated disc also. One trip I was in severe pain. Usually the walking helps me though. He can always get an ECV at the park if the walking is too much for him. You'll have a great time.

he's pretty stubborn, if the "view" is better on the monorail at poly than the buses he will walk to the poly! he's so funny! I can't wait to there. It's boyfriends daughter's HS graduation present.

he's pretty stubborn, if the "view" is better on the monorail at poly than the buses he will walk to the poly! he's so funny! I can't wait to there. It's boyfriends daughter's HS graduation present.
There's no reason why you can't take the bus to the TTC (which is what you'd do) and then hop on a monorail and tour Poly/Contemporary/GrandFloridian in a big loop (to get a nice scenic view) and/or hop on the MK monorail to go there.

So you'll have plenty of opportunity to take the monorail. :)

Absolutely use the SOG transportation. My mom who can't walk a lot thought the walk to the Poly was way long!!! SOG to the TTC then hop on the monorail!!! Actually it is quicker then walking to the poly then mono! If you want to check it out....Call the Bell hop and get him to take you all via the Shady Shuttle to the end of SOG property...cross the street and you are on Poly property...a couple minute walk up to the main building then up the elevator and to the monorail! It was a fun thing to do but honestly it was more for fun! We love dthe SOG buses!!! Great way to chat with other mil. families and the drivers were very nice!!!!

I have learned sooo much from being on this board, Im so glad I found it. Daisy a big Thank You, sounds great. I am a first timer to WDW and SOG, so PLEASE forgive me , what is TTC. I have seen so many abbreviations on this board, that I have to go exploring on a disney site to figure out what some on them are. LOL, hysterically!!! I am even more excited about SOG!

I have learned sooo much from being on this board, Im so glad I found it. Daisy a big Thank You, sounds great. I am a first timer to WDW and SOG, so PLEASE forgive me , what is TTC. I have seen so many abbreviations on this board, that I have to go exploring on a disney site to figure out what some on them are. LOL, hysterically!!! I am even more excited about SOG!

Tina ~ TTC means Ticket and Transportation Center. It's the hub where you can grab a boat to MK, a monorail to MK, or a monorail to Epcot.

Now, I'm going over to the new thread posted above to subscribe.

Sorry friends, apologize for bumping up old thread :guilty: ~ will submit on new SoG thread. :teeth:

I read somewhere that SOG has room service for breakfast and dinner is this correct? i cant find it anywhere on their website.

also is there a good selection of tv channels at SOG?

has anyone stayed at SOG and the disney Caribbean Beach Resort? there is only about $300 difference and have been torn about which one to pick! (it will be me, husband and our 5 year old son)

thanks!

We're planning to take our kids to a character meal with disney princesses. They have many of the costumes from Toys R Us/Walmart etc. I was going to buy them a new costume from Disney store online to for the meal. Anyone have advice on costumes at Disney? They are only 2 and 4.

I read somewhere that SOG has room service for breakfast and dinner is this correct? i cant find it anywhere on their website.

also is there a good selection of tv channels at SOG?

has anyone stayed at SOG and the disney Caribbean Beach Resort? there is only about $300 difference and have been torn about which one to pick! (it will be me, husband and our 5 year old son)

thanks!

Hi PinkEars!
Not sure about room service, we have never used it while staying at SOG.

But, I have stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort once, and SOG three times.

We will always stay at SOG from now on. We love it there! The rooms are bigger than Disney rooms, the food is much cheaper than the Disney resorts, it's clean, beautiful, nice selection of items at the little store, I could go on and on...

The CBR was very nice too, but, from what I remember we had to walk forever to get to breakfast and the room was very small. Also, because there were soo many "islands" the Disney bus has to make multiple stops when pulling into the resort.

When we stay at SOG I do NOT miss the Disney theming so many people chatter about. We are happy to have a nice, clean inexpensive room. The resort is quiet and again, we save so much on the food while there.

We usually have the buffet breakfast (hopefully they still have it) and my kids really fill up and then we have a lite lunch in the parks. There are times we come back for relaxing and have dinner at the resort and then go back out to the parks.

Hope this helps.
Poohbeck

Hi PinkEars!
Not sure about room service, we have never used it while staying at SOG.

But, I have stayed at Caribbean Beach Resort once, and SOG three times.

We will always stay at SOG from now on. We love it there! The rooms are bigger than Disney rooms, the food is much cheaper than the Disney resorts, it's clean, beautiful, nice selection of items at the little store, I could go on and on...

The CBR was very nice too, but, from what I remember we had to walk forever to get to breakfast and the room was very small. Also, because there were soo many "islands" the Disney bus has to make multiple stops when pulling into the resort.

When we stay at SOG I do NOT miss the Disney theming so many people chatter about. We are happy to have a nice, clean inexpensive room. The resort is quiet and again, we save so much on the food while there.

We usually have the buffet breakfast (hopefully they still have it) and my kids really fill up and then we have a lite lunch in the parks. There are times we come back for relaxing and have dinner at the resort and then go back out to the parks.

Hope this helps.
Poohbeck

You helped me make my decision as where to stay. We keep going back and forth between POR and SOG. We are thrifty since I left my job to stay home fulltime childrearing. The fact that we can eat cheaper there is a total bonus to us. Also, the rooms are bigger. Thanks

I've stayed many times at Shades before and after the renovations.
The rooms are among the largest of all Disney moderate resorts. Shades has two Queen beds. Excellent location! 1/2 mile walk over to Polynesian resort to access the monorail at all times. Bus service is excellent also. The buffet food can be iffy at times. But a reasonable price. Great breakfast buffet. Recommend Mangino's.
Going back over in November.2011 :)

The rooms are among the largest of all Disney moderate resorts.

I just wanted to say I agree with this entire post, but I think this should say "deluxe resorts." I've stayed at Beach Club (at least a half dozen times), the Poly once, and Grand Floridian once, and I think SOG's rooms are bigger than any room I stayed in any of those Disney deluxe resorts. SOG is true value for your money, IMO. :goodvibes

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

You helped me make my decision as where to stay. We keep going back and forth between POR and SOG. We are thrifty since I left my job to stay home fulltime childrearing. The fact that we can eat cheaper there is a total bonus to us. Also, the rooms are bigger. Thanks

I cannot stress enough to check the website EVERY DAY for deals too. I am a DOD civilian, so the rooms are normally $131/night. I'm staying in November for $65 a night (granted, I booked like a year ahead of time and saw an "early bird" special, but you can usually find 25-30% if you keep looking under "specials"). Because of the room deal, we're now staying for 10 nights. :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter