***Official September 2022 Thread***

September 25th - October 1st, AKL - Kidani (One Bedroom)

This is our second trip of the year. We're DVC, so we're thinking about seeing what the rest of Orlando has to offer outside the Disney Parks. We may spend a day or two in the parks, but for the most part the plan is to do everything else. I want to see Gatorland.

...Unless if my girlfriend is able to get an annual pass for our May trip. Then we'll probably just use the heck out of our passes. :rotfl2:
Glad you have joined The September 2022 Group @Helvetica!! Sounds like you have a plan - either way you will be in great places. My saying is "any day in Florida is a good day'"😊 So nice you have 2 trips this year!!! and especially at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I will add you to the countdown list. 🦛🦍🐘🦏 And we will see you here for more planning!!

I booked a weekend trip, Sept 16-19, last night to use our SW vouchers we received from our flight home on Saturday. Didn’t want them to go to waste since I’ve already booked flight for my December trip. 😋 I will be staying at POP and only doing 2 park days, Epcot and MK.

I booked a weekend trip, Sept 16-19, last night to use our SW vouchers we received from our flight home on Saturday. Didn’t want them to go to waste since I’ve already booked flight for my December trip. 😋 I will be staying at POP and only doing 2 park days, Epcot and MK.
How wonderful to be doing several Disney trips!!! Welcome in @KNovacovschi to the September 2022 Group!!!:mickeyjum Perfect place to go to when not letting a flight go to waste. Love the Pop with the Skyliner. I will add you to the Countdown List and see you here for more planning here in this Group. Also, I will wish you some great weather and great fun before I leave for home since me and my family will be leaving on the 15th as you come in on the 16th. pixiedust:

We're booked at POP Century for September 26 - October 1st. BUT if the Tron rumor comes true and it opens on the October 1st anniversary date... well... we might just have to add another day to our trip!!

We're booked at POP Century for September 26 - October 1st. BUT if the Tron rumor comes true and it opens on the October 1st anniversary date... well... we might just have to add another day to our trip!!
Hi @cyndiella princess: and Welcome in to the September 2022 Group!!! Great Plan you have possibly riding the Tron and adding another day to a Disney trip----:mickeyjumjust makes it better and longer 😊 at the Pop. I will add you to our Countdown List and hope to "see" you here for more planning.

I think I'm technically a September person, since the majority of our trip dates fall in September! We are going to be there August 31 through September 5, staying in a 2 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It will be my husband, our two girls (8 and 10) and we are taking our friends who also have two girls (8 and 10) who happen to be our kids' best friends. This will be their first trip. We are doing 2 park days (Epcot and MK) and 2 resort/Disney Springs days. The dads aren't going to Magic Kingdom with us, they are going to do a deep sea fishing trip while the moms take the girls. Our goal on this trip is to let the kids all make wonderful memories together with lots of pool time and Mickey Bars. I hope everyone has a wonderful trip!

I think I'm technically a September person, since the majority of our trip dates fall in September! We are going to be there August 31 through September 5, staying in a 2 bedroom villa at Animal Kingdom Lodge. It will be my husband, our two girls (8 and 10) and we are taking our friends who also have two girls (8 and 10) who happen to be our kids' best friends. This will be their first trip. We are doing 2 park days (Epcot and MK) and 2 resort/Disney Springs days. The dads aren't going to Magic Kingdom with us, they are going to do a deep sea fishing trip while the moms take the girls. Our goal on this trip is to let the kids all make wonderful memories together with lots of pool time and Mickey Bars. I hope everyone has a wonderful trip!
Welcome in @Kmedders to the September 2022 Group!!! What a fantastic trip you have planned with your family and friends. And especially the 4 littleprincess: Disney Princesses :earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl: !!!! They will love all the rides. shows, pool time and the Disney Treats especially with their Moms!!!! Sounds like the guys will be having a good time also 🐟. Animal Kingdom Lodge will be so much fun too. I will add you to the Countdown List and hope to see you here for more planning. Wishing your family a wonderful trip also. 🐊🦁🦒🦓

Welcome in @Kmedders to the September 2022 Group!!! What a fantastic trip you have planned with your family and friends. And especially the 4 littleprincess: Disney Princesses :earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl::earsgirl: !!!! They will love all the rides. shows, pool time and the Disney Treats especially with their Moms!!!! Sounds like the guys will be having a good time also 🐟. Animal Kingdom Lodge will be so much fun too. I will add you to the Countdown List and hope to see you here for more planning. Wishing your family a wonderful trip also. 🐊🦁🦒🦓
Thanks so much!

We are booked at VGF 2 bedroom on Sept 17-24 for our first DVC stay as members! It will be a celebration of 4 milestones 16th birthday for DS, 13th bday for DD, 21st bday for DD, and 25th anniversary for DH and I! We are beyond excited and hope to enjoy F&W ( which DD can partake in now :drinking:) along with GOTG coaster.

We are booked at VGF 2 bedroom on Sept 17-24 for our first DVC stay as members! It will be a celebration of 4 milestones 16th birthday for DS, 13th bday for DD, 21st bday for DD, and 25th anniversary for DH and I! We are beyond excited and hope to enjoy F&W ( which DD can partake in now :drinking:) along with GOTG coaster.
Congrats on your first DVC stay! We purchased DVC resale during Covid in 2020 and it is honestly one of the best purchases we have ever made as a family. Zero regrets. I hope you have a wonderful time.

*Tip - take a screenshot of your DVC membership card so you don't have to log into the app each time you want to use the discount.

Wow @4vrdreamin !!!! The celebrations you and your family have to look forward is amazing :bday:3 birthdays and an anniversary 🧁🎂🍹 And by the way Welcome in to the 2022 September Group !!! Such great celebrations for your September Trip and staying at the Grand Floridian. Congrats on your 25th Wedding Anniversary!!! Me and my family can't wait to ride Guardians and try some good treats at Food & Wine also. I think excitement just keeps building as we all get closer to our Disney trips in September. I will add you to the Countdown List and Lets Keep Planning pooh:

Last edited:
Just booked September 25-October 1st ASMovies. Excited to finally go back!
Welcome in @Laurabearz to the September 2022 "Can't wait to get to our Disney Trips" Group :wave:😄 Congratulations on your trip !!!! Has it been a long time since you were at Disney? It is always a sentimental moment for me to see the Castle on main street that first day especially if it has been a few years. I am always glad I have my sunglasses on because it makes me a little teary to see that pretty site. Some of my family is also staying at the All Star Movies in September. They love it there!! I will add you to the Countdown List and will see you here for more planning!!:mickeyjum:donald:

Last edited:
Well, many things have changed in my life, including that I am now separated from my H who of course was also my travel partner. So I am not 100% sure I am still going in September. If I do, it will be a solo trip and 10 days of Disney plus a few days at Universal (because why would I leave Florida the day BEFORE my birthday lol) is a long time to travel on my own, especially to a place that was "ours".

But we rented points at AKL so they are basically non-refundable. We may have an option to try to get someone else to rent them but at the same time, I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at AKL and it is SUCH a good price (which is already paid), that part of me wants to just go. Another option is to have people join me at various points. I have one friend who has said she would come for a few days so perhaps I have a few more that would too. Not sure how that would affect the reservation but I guess we'll see.

Well, many things have changed in my life, including that I am now separated from my H who of course was also my travel partner. So I am not 100% sure I am still going in September. If I do, it will be a solo trip and 10 days of Disney plus a few days at Universal (because why would I leave Florida the day BEFORE my birthday lol) is a long time to travel on my own, especially to a place that was "ours".

But we rented points at AKL so they are basically non-refundable. We may have an option to try to get someone else to rent them but at the same time, I have ALWAYS wanted to stay at AKL and it is SUCH a good price (which is already paid), that part of me wants to just go. Another option is to have people join me at various points. I have one friend who has said she would come for a few days so perhaps I have a few more that would too. Not sure how that would affect the reservation but I guess we'll see.
Do it!!!! It is still early enough to find someone who would like to join you. AKL is one of my favorite resorts. Go for it, girl!

We paid the balance today for our BW reservation. We are adding 5 nights prior at Universal (this is a delayed 10 year anniversary trip). My daughter and I are doing 2 nights at Cabana Bay in May. I do think we want EP for Sept, so looking at either RPR or HRH. Not sure how much $$$ we want to spend there yet.

Is anyone renting a car? We don't necessarily need one, but having one is nice. Prices though are astronomical.

Agree with Piglet...do it do it do it!!! It may just be the most fabulous trip ever. I will live vicariously through you! I am always jealous when I read the solo trip reports as I would love to go by myself at least once. :)

@PixieT78 Agree with @pigletgirl and @eksmama01........Go Go Go and enjoy Disney. You deserve it!!!!

Welcome in @Laurabearz to the September 2022 "Can't wait to get to our Disney Trips" Group :wave:😄 Congratulations on your trip !!!! Has it been a long time since you were at Disney? It is always a sentimental moment for me to see the Castle on main street that first day especially if it has been a few years. I am always glad I have my sunglasses on because it makes me a little teary to see that pretty site. Some of my family is also staying at the All Star Movies in September. They love it there!! I will add you to the Countdown List and will see you here for more planning!!:mickeyjum:donald:
Thanks for the welcome! It has been many years since my whole family has gone, but we used to go all the time. (See siggy lol) My daughter and I went back in 2018.
lots has changed so I find myself back on the Disboards to get all caught up!

My vote is to go also. Solo trips are wonderful. Relaxing and really fulfilling. Especially if you sprinkle in some Disboard meets in here or there.

Oh you guys are the best :). Thanks for encouraging me to go anyway!! I think I potentially could have a great time for sure. And I can just relax as well since it’s such a long trip. If he goes in May/June (which I think is pretty likely) then I will go, hopefully with at least one person meeting me for a few days!

I’m also considering HHN at Universal which I’ve never gone to because literally my exH’s anxiety could not take it so it wasn’t really worth the money to go. Now I’m a big chicken too so could go either way but I also kind of like the challenge of doing it anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter