***Official September 2022 Thread***

Oh you guys are the best :). Thanks for encouraging me to go anyway!! I think I potentially could have a great time for sure. And I can just relax as well since it’s such a long trip. If he goes in May/June (which I think is pretty likely) then I will go, hopefully with at least one person meeting me for a few days!

I’m also considering HHN at Universal which I’ve never gone to because literally my exH’s anxiety could not take it so it wasn’t really worth the money to go. Now I’m a big chicken too so could go either way but I also kind of like the challenge of doing it anyway.
This is how I feel about HHN too! It looks absolutely incredible, but I am a chicken!!

I was just thinking of HHN… we had planned to do both universal parks on sat 9/3. I knew it would be crowded but we are ok not doing everything. But now it’s HHN that night. I’m torn between wondering if we should change our day altogether, split into two groups and have the grandparents and kids head over to IOA and me and DH get HHN tickets… or just all of us move over to IOA when it starts… I have no idea about what crowds are like on HHN days or if we’ll feel like getting tickets to both on the same day was a waste…

anyone have advice there?

I was just thinking of HHN… we had planned to do both universal parks on sat 9/3. I knew it would be crowded but we are ok not doing everything. But now it’s HHN that night. I’m torn between wondering if we should change our day altogether, split into two groups and have the grandparents and kids head over to IOA and me and DH get HHN tickets… or just all of us move over to IOA when it starts… I have no idea about what crowds are like on HHN days or if we’ll feel like getting tickets to both on the same day was a waste…

anyone have advice there?
Isn't 9/3 the opening night? I would move my Universal day because it's going to be packed for HHN. If you only have one day, I'd move it to early in the week when HHN isn't running on a particular night. It is though Labor Day weekend and there will be crowds.

Isn't 9/3 the opening night? I would move my Universal day because it's going to be packed for HHN. If you only have one day, I'd move it to early in the week when HHN isn't running on a particular night. It is though Labor Day weekend and there will be crowds.
I think technically opening night will be the Friday before?
It looks tricky because the nights we would have low crowds at universal seem to be the same nights we would have EE nights at MK and EPCOT or a chance at a MNSSHP of that happens, which is way more most of my family’s speed… ugh. We’ve never traveled for Labor Day before. Better for missing less school but I hadn’t thought about all these extra considerations! I like the challenge of it though. I wonder if that might make an express pass worth it just to take the edge of those crowds.

I got an email from SWA offering rewards points up to 40% off and wasn’t going to purchase but than I also received an email offering a promotion code for 20% off flights when using reward points to purchase...

We just booked SW too! We made a last minute call to come in late 9/2 and add a universal day on 9/3, so… extra vacay day!

I had flight credits from our postponed 2020 trip so that took a little sting off the flights but they were still 3x more expensive than the first time we booked 😭

We just booked SW too! We made a last minute call to come in late 9/2 and add a universal day on 9/3, so… extra vacay day!

I had flight credits from our postponed 2020 trip so that took a little sting off the flights but they were still 3x more expensive than the first time we booked 😭
Sorry yours flights were so much more expensive. But yay for the extra vacation day! It took a lot of will power to not add a day to our trip to hit universal. I’m very proud of myself. Lol

Sorry yours flights were so much more expensive. But yay for the extra vacation day! It took a lot of will power to not add a day to our trip to hit universal. I’m very proud of myself. Lol
My SIL and I had a very honest conversation about how grouchy our husbands get when asked to wake up early, how stressful traveling with 5 kids will be… and decided getting it over with Friday after school and just riding the excitement train vs starting off with an early morning chaos factory was well worth the cost. Felling pretty happy we were all on the same page about that honestly!

I am thrilled to say that I will be going for sure in September. I am making that declaration now lol. Hurricanes and COVID, please pay attention so you know when to stay away haha.

I'm pretty excited, to say the least. So same plan for WDW with AKL for Sept 10-20 since that was already booked and taken care of. Then Universal Sept 20-24 staying at RPR. Right now I have two different rooms booked as I need a King standard to come available for the Thursday night and then I won't have to change rooms at all. But if not, that's fine too, as at least I'm still in the same hotel.

I also booked HHN for Sept 21 which is my birthday!! I decided that would be the funnest way to spend my birthday when I'm on a solo trip. I might actually book for another day as well or I might see about checking out Universal the week prior on one of the non HHN days. We shall see. But I get to plan this stuff now :)

I also booked my flights but we'll see if they get changed. I'm assuming they probably will as the direct flights never seem to stick! Right now I'm flying premium one way so I really would like to them to stay haha. But between this and booking my ex in for his own solo trip (also with a premium leg but that's because his is sooner and that's all that was available), we'll have used up all our credits and Westjet dollars so at least I don't have to worry about anything expiring.

Weeee I'm so excited.

I am thrilled to say that I will be going for sure in September. I am making that declaration now lol. Hurricanes and COVID, please pay attention so you know when to stay away haha.

I'm pretty excited, to say the least. So same plan for WDW with AKL for Sept 10-20 since that was already booked and taken care of. Then Universal Sept 20-24 staying at RPR. Right now I have two different rooms booked as I need a King standard to come available for the Thursday night and then I won't have to change rooms at all. But if not, that's fine too, as at least I'm still in the same hotel.

I also booked HHN for Sept 21 which is my birthday!! I decided that would be the funnest way to spend my birthday when I'm on a solo trip. I might actually book for another day as well or I might see about checking out Universal the week prior on one of the non HHN days. We shall see. But I get to plan this stuff now :)

I also booked my flights but we'll see if they get changed. I'm assuming they probably will as the direct flights never seem to stick! Right now I'm flying premium one way so I really would like to them to stay haha. But between this and booking my ex in for his own solo trip (also with a premium leg but that's because his is sooner and that's all that was available), we'll have used up all our credits and Westjet dollars so at least I don't have to worry about anything expiring.

Weeee I'm so excited.
Lots of moving pieces for you but sounds like a blast!

Booked Mears Connect last night. At $32 (£24) for a round trip, that's not unreasonable for a return trip to and from MCO. I doubt I could get a round trip on Uber for that.

LOL, we now are going to be gone a full 14 days! We will be at UO Sept 10-15th, staying at Hard Rock. We initially wanted to do just 1 UO day but he went ahead and booked us for 5. I'm excited for both portions but esp for Universal. We are big roller coaster people and cannot wait to try velocicoaster and hagrids!

We booked American, and glad we did. The prices have since sky rocketed!

There is a new room-only discount out that covers September if you are a Disney Plus subscriber. I had to give up our preferred pool view at POP to get it.

I'm so bummed- the Poly isn't part of the deal. I just chatted with an agent, and only certain resorts are part of the deal. I would have saved a few hundred. Womp womp...

Here's to hoping others can score a deal!

There is a new room-only discount out that covers September if you are a Disney Plus subscriber. I had to give up our preferred pool view at POP to get it.
I did the exact same thing...but a discount is a discount and the savings of just over 300.00 was worth a few extra steps in a vacation filled with steps already! 😁

I did the exact same thing...but a discount is a discount and the savings of just over 300.00 was worth a few extra steps in a vacation filled with steps already! 😁
We have always stayed standard so it really isn't a big deal. We are getting back almost $800 between changing the room category and the discount. That is too much to pass up on.

I never seem to qualify for discounts, but by some miracle I actually got it this time. $245 off my total which will very nicely cover my Halloween Party ticket when it becomes available and probably the extra cost over my airline credit for my flight home once it hits a price I'm willing to pay.

I'm actually shocked. Usually these discounts are so limited they never seem to apply to what I have booked. You have to have a room without a roof arriving on a Tuesday that's on an odd number day in an odd number month and proof that you can hula hoop for 10 minutes.

We have always stayed standard so it really isn't a big deal. We are getting back almost $800 between changing the room category and the discount. That is too much to pass up on.
It sure is! Now if they would offer the dining plan, free or paid version, I would be all set. I highly doubt we will see a free dining plan but I will take the paid version just the same. We love it!

Glad some of y'all are saving with the D+ room discount! I won't be able to cut my costs any further unless a cheaper flight becomes available. Booked when SW opened the calendar up, and it was double what we usually pay for each RT ticket. Really don't want to drive 10 hours down and 10 back though, so I guess the flights will be worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter