• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2020 Thread***

Well yesterday I got up jut a bit early. A few minutes before 6AM Pacific and was done with my park ressies by 6:30. Guess I was lucky.

Only thing I'll miss the hopping. Hoping at the end of the day to get some Food and Wine dinners.

Well yesterday I got up jut a bit early. A few minutes before 6AM Pacific and was done with my park ressies by 6:30. Guess I was lucky.
Da... Darn You! I got up at 3:45 AM and also was done with my ressies by 6:30...

Actually I'm happy for the experience.

Other than the obvious, what is it you all think you'll miss?

For me, it's the traditions I have;

September And Disney World has become a bit of a recurring theme for me. I am wondering what this 2020 different experience will do for or to that tradition for me?

I so enjoy Disney at night. I miss the night time parades , MNSSHP did provide a taste of that , but alas , not to be experienced this year.
I enjoy the fireworks and nighttime presentations that will be missing. Just the atmosphere of leaving late and walking towards the gate will be missing. Definitely thinking it will feel different.

I will miss hoping. I love that flexibility to dine in one park, but enjoy attractions in another, giving a single day different textures and blending of experiences.

I am still looking forward to the journey in September, and am actually interested to see how this different Experience will actually end up in my memory book.

I still keep questioning if I will cancel in the final moment, but a big part of me really wants to have this different Disney experience as well, to add to the story book of the many different Disney years That have come before.

Sometimes it is almost like trying to reach for this little bit of normalcy, in a year where almost nothing has seemed normal or sure or safe. Maybe just having that one cup of Dole Whip will seem normal in that moment ... even if I had to take my mask down to spoon it in :)

The Disney Bubble: It will still be there, but it's not going to be the same for me. Getting on a plane and not driving my car while at Disney is pretty awesome. In September I'm going to have to drive down and I'm going to be driving myself to AK, Epcot and DHS as opposed to going on the bus. I'm not really looking forward to that aspect of it.

Mid-Day Break/Park Hopping: Maybe I'll still do a break, maybe I'll sleep in, but it's not going to be the same. I loved getting up for rope drop, going to the park for a few hours and when it started to get busy, I'd go back to the resort for a nap. When I woke up, I'd always go to a different park. I won't be able to do that for the foreseeable future.

This is what we've always done. It's going to be different. We are still flying but we are coming down a couple days early and will have a rental car. It was weird having to pick park days as I've never done that. We always just kind of go with the flow. Oh well. At least I know where we are staying since we rented points at the Poly and now I know we'll have 6 days of park access. We'll make the best of it.

So, GDT will be closed for my trip Sept. 14 - 23, 2020? I really wanted to stay there. Not sure where else to room now.
Us to, and we are going Sept. 13-20! Maybe we'll both get moved to the same resort now, and I'm hoping for something good!

So am I reading right that some of you have called knowing that your chosen resort isn't going to be open and they have moved you? Or do you have to wait until Disney contacts you?

Oh, I forgot to post that I was able to book our five park days and get all the parks we anted in the order we wanted! After it crashing Monday morning and waiting about 30 minutes, I finally went into work. I was upper busy but had the site pulled up so when I had a chance I periodically went to check but wasn't holding my breath. When I finally got home and ate dinner it was after 7 pm, I hopped on the computer and wow! I was able to log right in, pick our days, and it went smoothly. I should have just waited to begin with! So now we have AK, MK, Epcot, pool/Disney Springs day, DHS, and MK. We may go tot DS again on our departure day too.

Mid-Day Break/Park Hopping: Maybe I'll still do a break, maybe I'll sleep in, but it's not going to be the same. I loved getting up for rope drop, going to the park for a few hours and when it started to get busy, I'd go back to the resort for a nap. When I woke up, I'd always go to a different park. I won't be able to do that for the foreseeable future.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Also, I’m a night owl and will miss the beauty and energy of the parks at night.

I’m hoping park hours get extended at some point and we get hopping back sooner rather than later.

Hi all, I know I've been in and out of this thread and had my toes in the water before WDW shut off reservations. I already had a partial trip scheduled for January, so I just scheduled the rest of my January trip when reservations went on sale this morning. Hope you all have fun September trips!

Anyone else get the email tonight from Disney, asking if you are still coming, or modifying? On hold right now.........

Anyone else get the email tonight from Disney, asking if you are still coming, or modifying? On hold right now.........

I just got my email as well ... I clicked the button, answered the question, and it told me ....

You’re still planning on coming to Walt Disney World Resort :)

Still going!!!! we swapped Jambo house for Copper creek. Got our park reservations done on wed even though I started at 7:00AM Monday! took almost 3 days to get them! Now just got the email asking if we are still coming.... OMG YES I was screaming YES we are still coming to WDW!!!!

Haha, awesome,.......unfortunately have to wait on hold to switch resorts as POR is going to still be closed.

I as usual have received no email from Disney regarding my Sept reservation....I dont know why I never receive anything from them when everyone does...I have checked my "profile" and everything is filled in....tomorrow will be the 4th day I will spend on the phone....

POFQ is going to be closed when we go. So I called yesterday morning and they moved us to BLT 1 bedroom villa with a theme park view at no extra cost.

We were able to get our park reservations on Monday as well.

Now to make new dining reservations at 60 days.

so interesting to see what others are being offered....I just got off phone with guest services and Im probably going to have to cancel our trip...Im supposed to be arriving at POFQ with my mom who uses a cane and we were planing to rent an ECV when we get to parks...she can not do stairs...So even after I explained this to CM she insisted all she could offer me was an "equal" move to another moderate resort and I was given choice of CBR or the cabins. In addition I was told there was no guarantee we could get a first floor room. This is definitely not going to work as my Mother will be unable to walk the distances at the CBR. In addition I did pay full price for a garden room at POFQ and im not even sure if that equates to a standard view room at CBR...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter