***Official September 2020 Thread***

I got through to Disney today, no wait on the phone. Moved from POR to CBR. Cast member indicated that if there were no available rooms At a moderate for my date, I would get upgraded to a dlx resort. She also said to watch for discounts from Disney, she thought they were coming. Just what I was told. Take it for what it’s worth. She also said you can cancel or modify your reservation within 7 days of arrival, also when the final payment is due.

Discounts? Did he say discounts? :earseek::worship:

Discounts? Did he say discounts? :earseek::worship:
I know, right! I was hesitant to post such a thing! I didn’t ask, the CM offered up that info! Honestly, if the parks don’t book up every day, I think they just might offer something. One thing those that had the dining plan paid for (like me) are losing out on is locking in prices on food. The food costs when the parks open will be higher across the boards. It’s happening now out here in the real world. As restaurants open, they are raising prices due to lost revenue and increased costs.

Hey everybody. So I’ve been working at a job start up the past three weeks (20 straight 12+ hour days) and haven’t had time to keep up with anything.

Here is my situation. We have DVC reservation for end of Sept going into Oct. we HAVE NOT bought tickets yet.

a few questions on that.
Any way I can purchase yet?
Also can people make reservations for 9/27-10/2 yet?

Thanks In advance. Normally I’m all the ball with Disney news but just been slammed the last three weeks and feel like three weeks of Disney news is more like 5 years ago worth of news with how fast things change now.

Hey everybody. So I’ve been working at a job start up the past three weeks (20 straight 12+ hour days) and haven’t had time to keep up with anything.

Here is my situation. We have DVC reservation for end of Sept going into Oct. we HAVE NOT bought tickets yet.

a few questions on that.
Any way I can purchase yet?
Also can people make reservations for 9/27-10/2 yet?

Thanks In advance. Normally I’m all the ball with Disney news but just been slammed the last three weeks and feel like three weeks of Disney news is more like 5 years ago worth of news with how fast things change now.

Unfortunately no one can purchase park tickets for 2020 yet. Disney has only said that these will become available sometime "later in the summer". People can make park reservations for those dates, but only if they have park tickets or AP's at this point.

List updated

So after our last trial run in face masks to our local park that didn't go well we tried it again yesterday. This time we had received our gaiters (3 different kinds). My DH wore one of the Mission ones and he liked it. The only time his glasses fogged up was when he went inside and into the AC. He does want to cut it in half and make two because they are so long. I wore a different brand that had air loops and I really liked it also. We didn't feel like they were too hot - they were both made out of the quick-dry material. I really hope we can wear these (before anyone says they are not allowed per Disney's guidelines I am aware of that but they have been allowing them in Disney Springs so I hope they will in the parks as well).

I really wish we would get some news on when we can make ADR's. I know it is going back to 60 days at some point - we are 68 days out now.

List updated

So after our last trial run in face masks to our local park that didn't go well we tried it again yesterday. This time we had received our gaiters (3 different kinds). My DH wore one of the Mission ones and he liked it. The only time his glasses fogged up was when he went inside and into the AC. He does want to cut it in half and make two because they are so long. I wore a different brand that had air loops and I really liked it also. We didn't feel like they were too hot - they were both made out of the quick-dry material. I really hope we can wear these (before anyone says they are not allowed per Disney's guidelines I am aware of that but they have been allowing them in Disney Springs so I hope they will in the parks as well).

I really wish we would get some news on when we can make ADR's. I know it is going back to 60 days at some point - we are 68 days out now.
I got an email today that said I could book ADR's tomorrow before they open it up to everyone else. I saw elsewhere this was only for people with ADR's for Sept 2nd and before. I had ADR's for Aug 28-Sept 3, though no Resort Reservation, so I don't think I'll get to sign up for new ADR's for my new reservation period which is now January...lol. Maybe they learned their lesson and are only opening up for people a couple months at a time.

Dining Reservations Update

Since you had a dining reservation that was previously cancelled, as we promised in earlier communications, we are offering you the opportunity to make a new reservation beginning on June 30, before reservations open to other Guests on DisneyWorld.com. You can make reservations for select Walt Disney World dining locations or experiences up to 60 days in advance of your arrival.

For more information on the availability of select Walt Disney World Resort hotel, Theme Park and Disney Springs® dining locations, please visit our dining page. Details on experiences may be found here.

Please note that new measures are in place across Walt Disney World Resort dining locations to promote health and well-being of our Cast Members and Guests. To find the latest updates to our dining procedures and offerings, please visit our Know Before You Go page.

I got an email today that said I could book ADR's tomorrow before they open it up to everyone else. I saw elsewhere this was only for people with ADR's for Sept 2nd and before. I had ADR's for Aug 28-Sept 3, though no Resort Reservation, so I don't think I'll get to sign up for new ADR's for my new reservation period which is now January...lol. Maybe they learned their lesson and are only opening up for people a couple months at a time.

so looks like one more email I’ve never received from Disney!!! I had multiple ADRs scheduled for April and August that were cancelled and an upcoming resort reservation for first week of Sept but no email or info from Disney regarding ADRs!

List updated

When I re-booked our resort reservation the other day the CM said we could make our dining reservations at 60 days out, and that was without me even asking her. 14 more days for me if I counted right!

so looks like one more email I’ve never received from Disney!!! I had multiple ADRs scheduled for April and August that were cancelled and an upcoming resort reservation for first week of Sept but no email or info from Disney regarding ADRs!
I asked about the lack of communication with my reservation when I was switching my resort last week. The CM had no answer, just that “it is happening to a FEW people”. Makes me thankful for all the pros on this thread and elsewhere to keep me in the loop. Thank you all!

Just happy to see time slots out there again for ADR's. July 7th will be 60 days for us and our old fastpass day :(

I was just looking at that as I switched over our paper calendar in the kitchen! I had written FP Pick Day and had to cross it out! At least I get to change it to Dining Pick Day...

When we originally booked our flight back in October for this trip I got us on the last one out for the day because DH was working that day. Since then he was able to switch and have that day off. I have been wanting to move us up to an earlier flight but didn't want to risk losing the possible cancel credit that American is offering during all of this. I thought we were allowed one change/cancel for free. Decided to call this morning and found out we could change it once and not risk the cancel credit. So now we are leaving home at 6:30AM and getting in at 1:30 vs. our original arrival of after midnight. Just wish we could go into a park for the evening - we already have a 10 day ticket so would cost us another day one price to get another one and just not worth it for the short hours. So we will probably head to Disney Springs and eat dinner and do some shopping.

So this leads me to my question - what is your favorite table service restaurant to eat at in Disney Springs?

I'm hoping for some input/ insight from those who have stayed at Disney resorts...
I finally got through to Disney reservations. We have POR Royal Guest room reservations for mid Sept. We REALLY were looking forward to the Disney theming in the room and appeal of Port Orleans. Additionally, double beds are not going to cut it for me.
Disney only offered us transfer to Caribbean Beach without any extra charge, offering either a pirate room (double beds) or a room with two queen beds.
I'm disappointed to say the least. This option doesn't sound attractive.
What are your thoughts? Should I expect a better option? My request for better was met with "I'm sorry, this is the only thing I can offer you at this time." The CM also pressured me saying "we're only offering price protection for rebooking a different resort if you accept before July 10."

I'm hoping for some input/ insight from those who have stayed at Disney resorts...
I finally got through to Disney reservations. We have POR Royal Guest room reservations for mid Sept. We REALLY were looking forward to the Disney theming in the room and appeal of Port Orleans. Additionally, double beds are not going to cut it for me.
Disney only offered us transfer to Caribbean Beach without any extra charge, offering either a pirate room (double beds) or a room with two queen beds.
What are your thoughts? Should I expect a better option? My request for better was met with "I'm sorry, this is the only thing I can offer you at this time." The CM also pressured me saying "we're only offering price protection for rebooking a different resort if you accept before July 10."
My wife and I had a king bed room booked at POR for the end of September. I called last week and got the same offer, CBR king room, preferred category. It was a little cheaper and I picked a building between the two skyliner stations. The CM I talked to said Disney will offer you a free upgrade if there are no rooms available for your stay at a comparable resort. Maybe waiting will be to your advantage so you get an upgrade. I took CBR because I wanted to try the skyliner and I like a sure thing. Best of luck in your decision.

When we originally booked our flight back in October for this trip I got us on the last one out for the day because DH was working that day. Since then he was able to switch and have that day off. I have been wanting to move us up to an earlier flight but didn't want to risk losing the possible cancel credit that American is offering during all of this. I thought we were allowed one change/cancel for free. Decided to call this morning and found out we could change it once and not risk the cancel credit. So now we are leaving home at 6:30AM and getting in at 1:30 vs. our original arrival of after midnight. Just wish we could go into a park for the evening - we already have a 10 day ticket so would cost us another day one price to get another one and just not worth it for the short hours. So we will probably head to Disney Springs and eat dinner and do some shopping.

So this leads me to my question - what is your favorite table service restaurant to eat at in Disney Springs?
In the past, we only go to Raglan Road every trip. This trip I’m looking forward to Homecomin, if we go..

My wife and I had a king bed room booked at POR for the end of September. I called last week and got the same offer, CBR king room, preferred category. It was a little cheaper and I picked a building between the two skyliner stations. The CM I talked to said Disney will offer you a free upgrade if there are no rooms available for your stay at a comparable resort. Maybe waiting will be to your advantage so you get an upgrade. I took CBR because I wanted to try the skyliner and I like a sure thing. Best of luck in your decision.

A room request for specific room or building location is just a request not a guarantee ....good luck getting room in your requested location. I'm hoping that if resorts are not at full capacity requests will be met. I told Cm I needed ground floor room since my mother will be unable to do stairs and there are no elevators at CBR and I was told they are unable to guarantee a room location. I have emailed guest services and they did not respond.

A room request for specific room or building location is just a request not a guarantee ....good luck getting room in your requested location. I'm hoping that if resorts are not at full capacity requests will be met. I told Cm I needed ground floor room since my mother will be unable to do stairs and there are no elevators at CBR and I was told they are unable to guarantee a room location. I have emailed guest services and they did not respond.
Yes, I remember your post about that. If i get a room I’m not happy with after all this #$&%, you can bet I’ll be makin’ some noise! I brought up the “room requests are just that, a request” and was assured my request would be met, lol. I hope you get what you need, in your case, a first floor room. Definitely not negotiable. I really think it’s the luck of the draw on the CM you talk to. Some are more willing to help satisfy you then others.

This is the same thing we were told- except for us we were only given the pirate room option- when moving from CSR-DT. I didn't get any pressure or even a mention about booking by a certain date though. I don't know if ours is different though because it was booked at a military rate, and I didn't want to run the risk of not having anything available and being told we had to go down to a value or go up to an out of budget deluxe.

I hate to say it, but even though you may like the theming and other things that made you choose POR, Disney offering the switch to CBR is a comparable one. If theming is important to you and you don't like CBR, ask a CM what kind of deal you can get at another location. You may find a deluxe- either regular or DVC room- may still be in your budget with what they have going now.

Oooh, that's hard! There are so many and we like to try a new one each time, and then that becomes my new favorite! I should probably mention that I'm not into expensive, high class food- I want something that's going to be filling and tasty! I'll give you 4 favorites out of our household, so go look at their menus to see if they appeal to you. DH- Paradiso 37 (he loves Tex-Mex, Mexican, Spanish, etc. plus we get great service and there is outside and inside dining options and sometimes live music) DS1- Splitsville (he will go twice in the same visit, loves all the different food options, and the fact that you can bowl) DS2- House of Blues (for the spicy and different kinds of dishes you can get, plus the music and funky vibe) Me- Homecomin' (ok last trip all 6 of us in our group honestly though this was the best meal of the trip, best fried chicken I've ever had, and all the food was fantastic, plus the laid back atmosphere made it wonderful)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter