***Official September 2020 Thread***

Has anyone been to a September party? I hadn’t planned on going but honestly the tickets are really cheap for our dates. I’m looking at possibly Sunday the 13th.

I’ve only been to one party before and it was a few years ago and was a Christmas party during a time when there was free dining. It was so crowded especially on Main Street during the parade. The character lines were uber long.

So yeah anyone have any experience with mid September Halloween parties?

4$ price hike from last year. 😒 I know, prices go up...blah, blah. We only go for the parade, and Hocus Pocus villain spectacular though. The character lines/trick or treat lines are to long, and the "overlay" for POTC was awful last year. Space Mountain though....IDK We spent about an hour just going back and forth between Splash and Thunder mountain last year before the parade. DD4 loved that!

Last edited:
Has anyone been to a September party? I hadn’t planned on going but honestly the tickets are really cheap for our dates. I’m looking at possibly Sunday the 13th.

I’ve only been to one party before and it was a few years ago and was a Christmas party during a time when there was free dining. It was so crowded especially on Main Street during the parade. The character lines were uber long.

We've been the last 2 years in sept. It gets a little more crowded each year it seems. Last year we didn't do character lines because we just didn't want to waste that much time, candy lines looked bad but they moved fast. The parade wasn't bad but the fireworks in the hub holy cow it was packed. You couldn't even turn around it was so packed. I was so grateful to be right against one of the plant areas that had a fence so no one was right in front of me. Other than the fireworks we still had a great time but just plan to be squished and you are good to go.

We attended a party mid September last year on a Friday with our two sons age 4 and 6. We thought the party was busy but not the crazy crowds that people experienced. We did not wait in line for characters but rode many rides (most waits were 10-15 minutes, except possibly 7DMT but we rode that during EMH). The candy lines looked long but moved very quickly and the CMs were giving out handfuls of candy. We also caught the first parade on Main Street which was very crowded and then attended the Dessert Party with Terrace viewing. The desserts were fine but I really wanted space to watch the fireworks so my kids and my husband could relax without worrying about the kids. We had a great view of the fireworks and the projections on the castle although you cannot really see Jack Skellington. Overall, it was a great time and we plan to attend the party again this year!

Just a heads up. I talked to my travel agent – who's been doing this for years - this morning. Just on a whim I asked her if she had heard any rumblings of free dining or room discounts coming down the pike for my time frame (end of September). She said, and I quote, "I haven't heard anything about new discounts yet, but there's a good chance more will be released soon since some of the current offers expire this week." Cross your fingers!

Ok, so after hearing such rave reviews about After Hours events I am hoping for one when we are there. My soon to be 18 year old has no insterest in the Halloween Party but loves walk on or near walk on rides and I think that type of event would be more our style.

We loved After Hours!

After hours events are awesome, but to be honest, I would rather just have more night time EMH. 😆 I really miss those night time parades too!

I think we have most of our dining reservations hammered out now. I think we are going to do the Epcot diner package this year instead of the MK desert party. Of course that just adds another meal on to an already saturated meal schedule. I think I'm beginning to remember why we don't usually do the dining plan! Add the food an wine festival to the mix and I'm pretty sure I'm going to gain weight on this trip!! 😂

I never book much dining ahead of time especially when it's just DH and I-when we go with our boys in July I have 3 reservations booked and the rest will be day before or day of. So I'm really struggling to decide where to eat with our DIL and DGD in Sept! I plan for others daily but this is so hard lol. Reminds me why I don't plan ahead!

@ rusty

We're going to be staying at the Coronado! 9/13 - 9/22.

He has been once before, but he was very young (like 1 year old, young) and the last time I went to anywhere Disney was when the Angels won the world series! Disneyland had a giant red A in front of California Adventure gate.

I've always dreamed about going to Disney World. I'm counting pretty much every single hour that goes by!

edit: sorry for the false ping!

Last edited:
@ rusty

We're going to be staying at the Coronado! 9/13 - 9/22.

He has been once before, but he was very young (like 1 year old, young) and the last time I went to anywhere Disney was when the Angels won the world series! Disneyland had a giant red A in front of California Adventure gate.

I've always dreamed about going to Disney World. I'm counting pretty much every single hour that goes by!

edit: sorry for the false ping!

You'll be at Coronado the same time I will be! :wave: We check-in on the 20th and check-out the 24th.

@ rusty

That's pretty exciting! I'm super excited because it'll be a long trip, but dang, it's gonna be a long trip. We're gonna be pleasantly exhausted at the end of it!

We just got our Halloween party tickets. Can’t wait till it’s our turn to make meal reservations. Finally it’s action time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter