• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official September 2020 Thread***

Can't wait!!
Me and DBF are staying 9/5-9/11 at AOA
Brother and his friends are staying 9/6-/9/13 at AOA
My father and his wife are staying 9/5-9/12 at UNKNOWN-think they are leaning towards Poly or AKL!!

Hi everyone! Wow this thread was started last September! Love it!

Anywho my family of five(boy12,girls 5 and almost3) will be staying in one room all star music free dining September 4-12 :)

our youngest turns 3 September 13 so we wanted to get one last fairly cheap(lol) trip........ Our future plans were hoping for November 2021

Actually pulling the kids out of school for 4 days which I haven’t done in years(we normally go to the end of September as our School System has a fall break then the last week )but it was hard to argue with that we were saving almost $2000!

yay and we just decided this week that we are going to upgrade to regular dining which I’m super excited about because we haven’t had it since 2012....... I’ve already got hoopdedoo and the Brown Derby(Fantasmic package) on my list and possibly Akershus

can’t wait to share the excitement with all of you :)

Interesting! That would make sense. Do we think BG for Ratatouille since its similar ride technology?

It may be similar tech, but I don't think Ratatouille is an 18 minute ride, either. I haven't seen any chatter about it being a BG ride, so I would anticipate it being fastpass+. That's just an educated guess.

Interesting! That would make sense. Do we think BG for Ratatouille since its similar ride technology?
It may be similar tech, but I don't think Ratatouille is an 18 minute ride, either. I haven't seen any chatter about it being a BG ride, so I would anticipate it being fastpass+. That's just an educated guess.

It would be hard to imagine doing boarding groups for a ride that’s been out in Disneyland Paris since 2014. I would think it will be fast pass as well. It is a trackless dark ride but I think way less complex than ROTR.
Ratatouille will likely just go to fast pass.

I think the boarding groups are due to demand and tech issues with ROTR.

if they haven’t ironed out Ratatoulie tech issues after 6 years of running in Paris then Disney has major issues....

It would be hard to imagine doing boarding groups for a ride that’s been out in Disneyland Paris since 2014. I would think it will be fast pass as well. It is a trackless dark ride but I think way less complex than ROTR.
Ratatouille will likely just go to fast pass.

I think the boarding groups are due to demand and tech issues with ROTR.

if they haven’t ironed out Ratatoulie tech issues after 6 years of running in Paris then Disney has major issues....
true! and MMRR is the trackless technology too right? and its opening with FP.

Do we think it will just be added to Tier 1 at Epcot or possibly Soarin' shifted to Tier 2?

First post - Glad to see the September 2020 thread started. Going Sept. 12th - 19th . Hoping for split stay either at POP or All Star Movies and Old Key West. First time trying to get DVC points. 1 year out and planning like crazy !
We will be at Old Key West September 12-18th :)

Does anyone know what percentage of OKW has been recently renovated? I have seen reviews online with new beds (underneath storage), new bathrooms, etc. And I saw a DIS video from June 2019 that said all rooms have been renovated- BUT we have DVC friends who stayed in a preferred studio hear HH in September 2019 and they had an old room/non-renovated room. Cast members told them that only some rooms are finished. Trying to figure out where to request for April 1-3. Thanks :)

April 1-3 OKW
April 3-5 Gran Destino
June 5-7 Copper Creek
September 5-11 Poly

Any idea what we will be looking at park hour wise?

Last Sept was our first Sept trip and due to Galaxies Edge pretty much everything opened early each day and i feel like normal strategies were thrown out the window.

What strategy do yall use? Was thinking about avoiding any park that has AM Magic Hours hoping the others will be lighter? We avoid PM magic hours and hit the AM ones? We have toddlers so late nights arent a part of our routines. We are rope droppers.

Any idea what we will be looking at park hour wise?

Last Sept was our first Sept trip and due to Galaxies Edge pretty much everything opened early each day and i feel like normal strategies were thrown out the window.

What strategy do yall use? Was thinking about avoiding any park that has AM Magic Hours hoping the others will be lighter? We avoid PM magic hours and hit the AM ones? We have toddlers so late nights arent a part of our routines. We are rope droppers.

I don't know about anybody else but I do AM Magic Hours any chance I get (i.e., when I can talk the family into getting out of bed and hour early). I leave that park around lunch, but I always try to take advantage of that extra hour. What dates were you looking for hours? Touring Plans has expected hours but, of course, those could change the day before.

I need some encouragement!!
I am having the hardest time planning out our trip. It’s a big trip with a lot of my extended family members coming and I’m having trouble trying to make everyone happy plan wise. It’s stressing me out and making me feel less excited for the trip. I don’t even want to plan anymore. It makes me so sad cause I love WDW and just wanted to share it with others. It’s just becoming arguments and disappointments at this point.

I need some encouragement!!
I am having the hardest time planning out our trip. It’s a big trip with a lot of my extended family members coming and I’m having trouble trying to make everyone happy plan wise. It’s stressing me out and making me feel less excited for the trip. I don’t even want to plan anymore. It makes me so sad cause I love WDW and just wanted to share it with others. It’s just becoming arguments and disappointments at this point.

Well, that sucks. Family sucks. LOL Okay, I'm kidding. Or not. But I digress...

First of all, the rule of thumb is the more people involved, the less likely you're going to please everybody. So there's that. Have you tried the "you just need to trust me, I've done this plenty of times before, if you just trust me you'll have a great time" card? What seems to be the biggest disagreement? Attractions to see? Amount of time at the parks or the resort? Where to eat? How early to get up?

Well, that sucks. Family sucks. LOL Okay, I'm kidding. Or not. But I digress...

First of all, the rule of thumb is the more people involved, the less likely you're going to please everybody. So there's that. Have you tried the "you just need to trust me, I've done this plenty of times before, if you just trust me you'll have a great time" card? What seems to be the biggest disagreement? Attractions to see? Amount of time at the parks or the resort? Where to eat? How early to get up?

I have tried that but everyone has their own ideas and plans. The biggest issue is that everyone is staying different dates and lengths of time so it limits the days everyone can do certain parks or restaurants together. We actually extended our trip (and our budget) so we could be there the max amount of days that everyone else is there. It’s still is hard to plan. Party days, extra events, etc. is just complicating everything!

Joining the September party. 9/5 - 9/9 we will be at GF then moving over to BC from 9/9 - 9/19. So excited for Food and Wine, our favorite festival!

Holy crap! I just realized if we do the dining plan like my husband wants, we will be able to sample for this event. *squeal*
Also, we are looking at possibly renting points as we have done in the past. Ive never stayed at either of those resorts before. We have always done AKL but would love to try GF or BLT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter