Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

DSCF2085.jpg

THE DUCKS VISITED OUR CAMPSITE EVERY MORNING FOR THEIR BREAKFAST.

Don't have any pictures of the critters, but we had daily bunny and duck visits in 210.

Cheifcop, we were just around the loop from you. I think you pulled in a couple of days after we got there.

Don't have any pictures of the critters, but we had daily bunny and duck visits in 210.

Cheifcop, we were just around the loop from you. I think you pulled in a couple of days after we got there.

We aren't leaving out until Monday, so stop by if you have time. We finally are going to theMK in the morning:)

Does this fella looks familiar?

WDW17June2007441.jpg

Does this fella looks familiar?

Yea, we saw several, even had names for 'em; Lunch, Dinner and Snack. :rotfl:

We pulled out Monday the 18th and are back in Texas. Hit some wicked heavy thunderstorms coming back through Louisiana Tuesday.

Site 1429

P6230462.jpg

P6280509.jpg

The site was easy to back into, had lots of room next to the site, a long pad, it was close to the campfire program and it backed onto the creek, the only downside was the lack of any shade. The neighbor on the right was pretty close but there was a lot of room between us and the neighbors on the left, we could have fit a couple of tents and a screen house in all the space there.

I was originally assigned 1324 which is full hookups which I thought was fine until my in motion couldn't pick up a signal so I asked for a move. Preferred from what I can tell besides the $21 a day difference included cable tv and internet access.

I have been moved to 866 which is very close to some of the sites picture in this thread. I am here for a week and will take pictures before I leave.

1324 was easier to pull into then 866 and was a little bit wider as well, but 866 is fine. I too pulled my 42' rig through the 1300 loop with the 18' trailer and toad. I think people thought either I was nuts or I gather many of you RVers don't often see a unit like mine...

800 loop definately larger rigs then I saw in the 1300 block. There were some pull throughs on the fringe of 1300 I saw also. Since someone else in this thread asked 800 block really close to the "store"

I am trying to book a trip to WDW at FW for our family in Feb 08. This will be the first time that we will be staying there. Has anyone gone in Feb and how is the weather. Will the kids be about to swim?

All of these pictures and the information will make it a little easier when trying to book a site. We are traveling with my father and if we don't get a spot that is easy to get into and with no room for the kids to play then the trip will most likely start the trip off wrong.

I will plan to try to take as many pictures of the camp ground and site while we are visiting an post them as well.

Thanks for the pics :cheer2:
A

I was just there last week (left July 28th) slotted in number 866.
866 is a great location (or around it) as it is very close to the CS and 4 spots away is the inlet driveway and the bus stop is on the corner. Also directly across the street is where the campfire site is and of course next to it is one of the Trading Post stores. I loved the location.. Sorry I don't have a conventional RV, I use this thing for road racing all across the country. This was actually the first time I used it for camping.. Someone in another thread also asked about putting a tent behind a 36' RV and if there was room for a 12x12 tent. When I booked I told them the length of my unit (42') and this is the spot I got. As you can see I had room for a 10x10 to the rear at least without being pulled "forward" on the paved space. I was back a little to leave room for the black toad you see in one of the pictures. If I had pulled forward in my estimation even though my unit is 42' I would have had room for nearly a 20x20 tent if needed.

fort.jpg

fort1.jpg

fort2.jpg

fort3.jpg

ZoomZoom22:

Thanks for the two post. The information will help me when we are trying to make reservations. I like that it is close to the bus stop and the comfort station and that it was not hard to get into...

Hope the trip was great! Thanks again.
amanda

We just got back from a week at the fort. Here is a picture of our site. We were in Loop 300 site 317.

site1.jpg

The comfort station was across the street and we were fairly close to start of loop and bus stop. You could walk to settlement area in about 10-15 minutes.

Blessings,
Winnie

In 2006 we took our Rockwood Roo 23SS to the Fort. Site 509 was a lttle hard to back into.......but once we were set up in was shaded, private and beautiful!!!!!

Site5091.jpg

2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter