Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

Can any of you campsite regulars tell me if there are decorated campsites the week before Thanksgiving? I love the Christmas decoration photos from Ft. Wilderness and would love to see them in person. Our trip is Nov. 19-14...any chance my "wish will be granted"? :goodvibes :tink:

what kind of a/c unit is that?
It is just one of the portable A/C units. We had it vented out the bottom of the second door on our tent and had the temp set at 67. We only ran it at night. Started it up about 1 hr. before bed and kept the tent nice and cool.

how well do those cots do on the sand pad? We used air mattresses the last trip, and i'm thinking cots might be the next move.

These cots do really well. The kids 8 and 17 loved them. We do put some extra blankets or quilts under there bedding to give them more padding, no complaints. Our air mattress works well also, we had it about 5 yrs. and had to air it up once during the night, it has a built in pump and didn't think it was to load at 1 a.m. No complaints from the neighbors. We are looking into getting a new one for our next trip, one with a built in pump that airs up automatically when it needs it.

@ilovedisneymm, here is a site that was in the 1600 a few days before we left. We watched 5 cars pull in, one after the other. After a while we walked around and found there site.

003copy.jpg 004copy.jpg

It is hard to see in the pics. They have 2 screen houses, one is on the parking pad and the other is off to the side, and two of the same style tents.
one is halfway on the pad and the other is half off the border of the site. They aligned both doors on the tents so they could walk from one to the other.

There will be some. Worth a spin around the loops.

:yay:Thank you; Disney just made it more difficult to squeeze a trip over :rotfl:with the new posted late hours but I have every intention of giving it a try. We'll be at WL and WLV so it will be easy to catch a boat over to Ft. Wilderness. I'm one of those "crazy Christmas yard" decorators and would love to see some new ideas. Didn't know it was possible by you've made me even MORE excited about our mother/daughters/granddaughters trip! :dance3::tink:

Thanks for posting the tent site pics @snowmedic .

This year I have been kind of so-so on our future trip but after everyone's October trip report and your tent posts, I now am really starting to get excited for our trip. 75 days and counting.......

Need to buy our tickets next week and book our fast passes the following week!

Here is site 2037 October 2015
We had our pop up, 10x10 canopy, and a screenhouse on site with no problems.

IMG_0987.JPG

Back side of 1326. Taken from the trail to the Meadow

3187984D-CA0C-49A2-8B39-42CC95C11CE0_zpsl9jbzmex.jpg

Convenient to the Meadow Trading post, and just across the bridge from the pool area

Back side of 1326. Taken from the trail to the Meadow
Looped by your Bristol Bay yesterday, did not know it was yours, Nice rig!!
3187984D-CA0C-49A2-8B39-42CC95C11CE0_zpsl9jbzmex.jpg

Convenient to the Meadow Trading post, and just across the bridge from the pool area

Here are a few pics of 1609. We will get a premium site from now on. Just not enough room. We love how quite it is in those front loops. Just way to small.
Site 1609.JPG Site 1609 1.JPG

Site 1630. Full hook up site.
FW Dec 2015 01712.jpg FW Dec 2015 01812.jpg FW Dec 2015 01912.jpg FW Dec 2015 02012.jpg FW Dec 2015 02112.jpg FW Dec 2015 02212.jpg
Ok site. Only con was that it backed right up to a 1500 site. No privacy at all between the two. Pros, only one site over from CS, which we used; this loop shares CS with 1500 and 1700 so you have a choice of two if one is too busy; nice wide site with lots of room on the side.

We are in Site 1420, or is it 1430! You know, you set up, know your rv, and forget!! Our daughter, son in law and three kids are right across from us, so linking did work, as well as online checkin and early arrival at 9:15 am on Tuesday, Dec. 29. Hapoy New Year everyone. Loving this heat, but ready for a bit cooler weather.

image.jpeg

We just got set up for our annual family Mardi Gras camping party. We are set up under I-10 near downtown Mobile AL. We're here with 200 other campers for all of the Mardi Gras season. If you are in the area you are welcome to come visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter