Official 'Post a Picture of your Campsite at FW' Thread

How do you like your Open Range? We are thinking about getting one.
Hi Billmel,

We love our Open Range! Would highly recommend as they were the only company whose designs and colors stood apart from the rest of the RV's. Outdoor kitchen is great! The fifth wheel has lots of storage and it's easy to clean. Our neighbor & her two boys came with us on recent camping trip and everyone (3 adults/4 kids) had plenty of hot water for their shower. Not once did we have to worry about running out of hot water during our trip.

Good luck on your decision.

I love seeing that this is still going on, those little kids in that picture I posted (the 3rd one on the first page, 1500 loop, tent and bunny) are all in college and beyond. We are hoping to get good old Cottontail Curl in December and I'm thinking our days of 6 people on 4 single air mattresses are numbered. How can 8 years have gone by so quickly? I think I'll cruise through all of these posts for a serious Fort Wilderness fix

Last edited:

20150214_164303_zps8jnffpjn.jpg

We were in premium loop 600, Sunny Sage Way site 631, it was a easy site to back in. Our fifthwheel is 43' ft. I had it backed it all the way back and over and had a ton of room, I could've left my truck there but decided to park it under a shade tree up in the overflow so that my DS had more room to ride his bike.
All of that space is awesome and I think you making extra room for biking puts in you line for Dad of the Year!

A few pics of our site 1501. Close to pool and right by the bus stop. Great site! Thanks bama ed for the pic tutorial and sevin powder tip. Off to get more for our 4th of Jult camping near the beach trip :worship: you are the best bama!

imagejpg1-1.jpg
[/URL][/QUOTE)

We have had the pleasure of staying in 1503 a couple times and other sites on 1500 and one extra perk is the Pavlovian response when you're back home and hear a squeaky bus' brakes. Takes you right back to FW and early morning wake up calls. And you're crazy enough to think that's a good thing!

Last edited:
Nice setup Snowmedic. Your organization is top notch. The portable AC really helps take the edge off of those warm nights. We used a similar setup in August for the tent that my kids stayed in. Really made a difference.

Snowmedic you are the King of tent camping. The impressive part is all that and a Mickey light fits in one small suv. I tent camped for years but never reached your level. I moved up to a pup first. Then a bumper pull and now a 5th wheel. I do love my new house on wheels but miss the simplicity of packing everything in my truck and just going.

Snowmedic, love your tent and outdoor setup. You and ilovedisneymm are both inspiring us for our tent trip in November. My organizational skills are deficient compared to y'all but that's going to be okay since we won't have any kids this time out! Hope your trip home to the Fort has been fun and hope that your trip home up North is safe. As we live in South Carolina, I can proudly tell you that I-95 is open both ways in case that is your route back.

all that and a Mickey light fits in one small suv.

Well I must confess, it does take two trips with the Rav to get everything here. We have a storage unit over in the Cocoa Beach area that we keep everything in. One our way down to the Fort we stop in and get the main things that we need, tent ez-up and beds, then we make the second trip for all the supplies. The day before we check out we will take a load over and drop it off then the rest is moved over on check out day.

Site 1643 Oct. 5 - 17

Snowmedic, noticed you've been in 1500 with a popup and then went to a tent in loop 2000 and tent in a full hookup in loop 1600. We have a large tent also and have been linking 2 reservations and now hold: 1 nite in full hookup and then 10 nights in tent loop (requested 1500 as it was the smaller tent loop). What influenced you to do the full hookup site? Perhaps we should consider that over the tent loop? Are the comfort stations less crowded? Thanks for your help. By the way, we lived in New Hampshire and used to make pretty much the same drive as you. Always wished we could have brought some of the Florida weather back with us when we travelled north in Nov/Dec

What influenced you to do the full hookup site? Perhaps we should consider that over the tent loop?

Mojo, I can hardly remember my time in the pop up from way back when. ( I can hardly remember what I did yesterday ), but the 2000 loop really stands out as a memory that I will never forget. The first year, we thought it was great, quiet, away from everything. Last year not so much. We requested 1500 but ended up in 2000. The entire time we where there, kids yelling and screaming, cutting through our site to get to the CS, even though we where right next to the path. And one little kid on a plastic tricycle yelling "Wheels coming through" and smashing into our new car at 6 in the morning. We said never again.

When we checked in this time at 6 in the morning they put us in 1900 far away from the CS, our youngest is 8 and my mother was going to visit the last couple days and she can't walk very good. We went up to get closer site but nothing was available, the CM asked if we would take a down grade to 2000. :scared1:
He barely finished the question and both my DW and I said No. So we ended up waiting until 1 to get our site. Any way, we went with the full sites in hopes that it would be quieter, and it is, there is also the drain for the sewer in the full sites, to where I was caring my dish water to the laundry room to empty it in the tent sites. Seeing how a lot of people have Rv's, for me the men's room is not at all crowded, DW says the women's room is busy in the mornings.

The tent I have now is 18 x 17 and the Ez-up is 10 x 10, I have no sand pad left to stake anything else down. The grill is to close to the ez-up to use and the electric box is right behind the tent, no room to spare.

We are coming back next year to a full hook up site again. Hope this helped. Vince

snowmedic, what kind of a/c unit is that? I'm just beginning to look into an a/c unit for our tent.

Snowmedic, how well do those cots do on the sand pad? We used air mattresses the last trip, and i'm thinking cots might be the next move. Love your setup!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter