***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is good news to hear coming from you, I called yesterday and the cast member on the phone basically told me the same thing.
But they are not necessarily the ones out on the front line like you ;)

I had the same issue, it was quick to get them resolved and in. They are prepared for this and have the proper people right there to immediately handle it.

Last edited:
My son broke his collar bone last week. Doctor says no "big rides" until 4 weeks at least. He will be just past 4 weeks on our AK day. Anyone have an opinion on how "okay" FoP will be for him to do? Is it jarring? does it cause you to kind of slide around or move your body a lot like a coaster? Is there any sort of strap or harness that goes over his shoulders or restrains his shoulder area? That type of restraint would be a "no go" I think.

Thank you.

My son broke his collar bone last week. Doctor says no "big rides" until 4 weeks at least. He will be just past 4 weeks on our AK day. Anyone have an opinion on how "okay" FoP will be for him to do? Is it jarring? does it cause you to kind of slide around or move your body a lot like a coaster? Is there any sort of strap or harness that goes over his shoulders or restrains his shoulder area? That type of restraint would be a "no go" I think.

Thank you.
only restrains are behind legs and back. All the movement is very fluid, no sharpness or sudden stops

I have heard that there is some projection mapping used at night. Supposably it is very subtle but nice.

Such good news thanks. Nice tie into the park as it will likely be visible from ROL? Maybe not high enough.

This is a good point. When you are actually on the ride and see the effects your brain will process it differently than what the video in the backpack showed.

For anyone else who has been on the ride and watched the Youtube videos I am curious your thoughts as well.

Having watched that video and been on the ride, I was *very* surprised to see the extent of the movement in the video. Which is to say that I found the ride so fluid and light and not at all jarring or over-intense. The timing must be perfect between the movement and the screen so as to create the illusion of such fluidity. Fascinating.

Anyone else having an issue where their Pandora preview fastpass is not showing up in MDE? I got my confirmation email and have called twice already and it still isn't there. They said I can just show the confirmation email and my DVC card and get in, but I am still worried they somehow won't let us in.

Anyone else having an issue where their Pandora preview fastpass is not showing up in MDE? I got my confirmation email and have called twice already and it still isn't there. They said I can just show the confirmation email and my DVC card and get in, but I am still worried they somehow won't let us in.

Same with me, was fast to get in. Just have that print out with you and get in line. Guest relations is a few feet next to the magicband scanners and it took me about 2 minutes to get it resolved and right in wasting no extra time.

Such good news thanks. Nice tie into the park as it will likely be visible from ROL? Maybe not high enough.

I don't think you can see any of Pandora from RoL. You can barely see any of the tree of life from RoL

Thank goodness for DVC, we went this morning. Early entrance day so arrived at 8 am, went right to line, at 8:15 they checked magic bands and moved line up. At 8:30 they checked magic bands again and move down line up. By 8:35 or so they let us in and handed us a fast pass. Very little crowds. We had plenty of time to do everything, lots of pictures, lots of checking things out.

FoP, we had an 8:30 to 8:45 time, funny we had a 9 to 11 time a lot. We went to fo lane, stopped. They explained the dog could not go, we knew that. They originally told us that it could not even go in line. I said n way, I am blind and will do a rider swap but I need either my dog or my daughter to walk me up and if she walks me up the dog has to come because there are only two of us. A second cast memeber said no problem and we went up. My daughter 26 went first as I waited with Lainie. She hated the ride and said never again. She is 4ft 9 in and weighs about 135. I went second as she waited with Lainie.

It took quiet a while, I was first in line but it took maybe 15 minutes for the doors to open to load. Then we waited inside for about another 12 minutes for the movie part to start, and then in the next room for about 3 minutes. Then onto the ride. I am big 210, 5'5" not huge and I had no problem, but one man was asked to leave because he did not fit, I am blind but will take a guess at weight, he was probably over 400 pounds. The safety straps did not fit. Both women next to me weighed a lot more than me and they both fit, so I am going to guess that about 400 is the limit for the restraints, but it could be 500.

I loved the ride, we had no more technical difficulties. When told it was like Star Wars which I will not go on, it was nothing like Star Wars to me, it was awesome.

We went thru the queue line and took pictures. We went on the river ride twice just walked on. We held the banchee toys and bought some things. It was 11:02 when we headed out. No one asked us to leave, we just noticed fewer and fewer people, although it was almost empty right from the start, I think everyone got a do to FoP.

When we were leaving we saw the line of AP holders, which I have but used DVC instead, that line was crazy long, very very much so. If I was to guess, they left 5x's more AP people in at a time than DVC and I would say that is a concervitive estimate. Just a guess we had maybe 500 DVC people from 9 to 11, there must have been 3000 AP holders lined up. I was thankful that I missed AP and went DVC.

Side note for anyone, they have a kennel on order, they said they have six kennels on order. I said why so many I have only seen one other dog in 10 days. They said for parents who want to cage kids, I laughed and said you will need to order 100 more, and 500 if you asked kids if they want there parents caged.

Also, as we sat at exit waiting for rider swap, we heard a lot, even at the preview a small preview, they had to many w/c to fit into the space they had for them. I can see it being a real big problem as it takes on the 8 or 9 hour lines they plan.

So much info I can't get to all of it fast enough!!
For FOP does it spin you around or go upside down? not the "banshee " that you sit on but when your flying?? I can't do TOT but can do Soarin and Star tours without a problem. Do you think I'll be ok?

Same with me, was fast to get in. Just have that print out with you and get in line. Guest relations is a few feet next to the magicband scanners and it took me about 2 minutes to get it resolved and right in wasting no extra time.

Thank you so much for your response! This put my mind at ease :)

For FOP does it spin you around or go upside down? not the "banshee " that you sit on but when your flying?? I can't do TOT but can do Soarin and Star tours without a problem. Do you think I'll be ok?
No upside down. This isn't a rollercoaster.

My granddaughter is 6' and really looking forward to this ride. Have any of you 6' women had any experience on this ride. Her 6'7 father said he will perfectly fine if he doesn't fit. We will be there the end of July so I hope Disney will work out some of the size issues.

Geese what are you feeding them!? 6'7!?

I think ROL is fitting. AK is a relaxing park with nice rides around the animals and shows.. It's not the normal disney nighttime show where you expect that big finale to make you want to come back. It's fitting for the land but not what we want it to be..
My sentiment regarding ROL was the same as yours - until the end of your paragraph. For me I am not sure I wanted it to be anything other than entertaining and appropriate. Which I thought it was.

But this is a Pandora thread and there are other places to discuss ROL. :)

:wizard:

We have the Wed May 17 12-2 AP timeslot. I have read everything here and still not sure when we need to get in line. We are flying in from NJ for a one day trip for my birthday, so want to have it all planned out. Scheduled an 8:45 breakfast at Boma, and wondering if we should go earlier. I don't want to rush breakfast... Would love to hear from anyone who attends Monday or Tuesday as I am hoping weekdays may be less busy. Also, thankful for any insight from CM's (Fastpasser)!!

You don't actually go upside down but a few times you are simulated to do as such as the banshee in the video spirals a couple of times.

This is a good point. When you are actually on the ride and see the effects your brain will process it differently than what the video in the backpack showed.

For anyone else who has been on the ride and watched the Youtube videos I am curious your thoughts as well.

I rode on Saturday. Personally I did feel the movement. It was interesting to see how they are doing it. I do struggle with motion sickness, but I was fine after FOP. I think the cool wind they are blowing in your face the whole time really helps.

I am a ride chicken, especially about drops, but I really loved FOP and I can't wait to ride it again. It was intense for me, but not too intense to still be fun. I hope that helps!

DVC--will call later and update back here. Thanks so much! :)

If you have a confirmation with a preview date and time but no FP yet, I wouldn't be too concerned. There are Guest Relations CMs at the Que. They are there specifically to deal with complications like yours. Whenever I've sent anyone with a similar issue, they always got in.

I just finished my call with MS. According to my CM, they have entered some of the FP's just under "1 guest." If that is the case, you are show your confirmation email with the correct number of guests to the CM's at the "Check-In Queue". Therefore, make sure you have a copy or access to the email confirming your party's number. HTH.

Last edited:

It's similar amount of movement as star tours with the smoothness of soarin. the difference is your sitting like on a bicycle so when you tilt a little forward, it feels more than it really is. It's a winged creature so there is the movement that you would expect from riding on something flapping wings. The video is excellent at helping with the portrayal of moving in a way your not actually moving.

once you get over the size of the screen and enjoy the ride, it's really nice..

There was a throw up right before our group. Got to see the 3 custodial CMs go to action and assumed throw up since they were waiting for the ride to stop.
I haven't been on the ride so I was wondering, do you think people getting sick might have been caused by looking around instead of looking at the screen like with mission space? Surprised to hear about people getting sick after so many on here are saying they did fine even though they have had problems on other rides. I'm trying to decide whether or not my mother would do ok on the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter