***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here. I wasn't really hopeful before this, but now I know that I'm out. It's ok, I'm looking forward to the river ride. Glad I made the FPs for that one. :goodvibes: I'm just thankful that the video was posted, since it helped a few of us decide.

Hi @mmmears. :wave2: FWIW, I have to close my eyes on things like Star Tours, going backwards on EE, and other types of rides like that, otherwise I feel a bit 'blue' the rest of the day. I was fine on FOP. It sort of starts to get there for me, but not quite enough. I was able to shake it off and move on. Loved the ride! ETA: I do agree that video gives a much different feeling than being on the ride.

Last edited:
I watched the video and I am surprised at how much movement there actually is. TBH I've done FoP twice now and I don't feel that much movement, I am sure it's because the video is synched perfectly with the movement. Watching the video I got a little queasy but living it, it feels nothing like all that movement.

This is a good point. When you are actually on the ride and see the effects your brain will process it differently than what the video in the backpack showed.

For anyone else who has been on the ride and watched the Youtube videos I am curious your thoughts as well.

Last edited:
The previews haven't shown the bioluminescence.

OK thanks-not that the size changes, but I think night bio is where we will enjoy it most. Sometimes lit up areas at night can seem larger IMO-will see.

Thanks, yea the DHS size made me wonder as well.

It is an 10 acre expansion and New Fantsyland was 11 so to give a good perspective would be to compare those two. Yes Pandora is an acre smaller but it didn't feel much smaller. A lot of the land is "hidden" trails so while it is pretty easy to go from the entrance to Na'vi River Journey, to Flight of Passage, and to the shop and Canteen then back out again you would miss a lot of the little details doing just that. I realized on our way out that we missed the weird water creatures that get you wet so I was like OMG we must go find them! They weren't hard to find it was just that they were on a path we hadn't walked. There were more paths we didn't go down but I'm excited to go back there at night for those parts.

Hi @mmmears. :wave2: FWIW, I have to close my eyes on things like Star Tours, going backwards on EE, and other types of rides like that, otherwise I feel a bit 'blue' the rest of the day. I was fine on FOP. It sort of starts to get there for me, but not quite enough. I was able to shake it off and move on. Loved the ride! ETA: I do agree that video gives a much different feeling than being on the ride.

Hi GADisneyDad14! :wave: I can't even ride Star Tours or EE. 7DDM made me feel really, really awful for a few hours. Even Soarin' gets to me sometimes, but there I can just squint or close my eyes. My DD will try to ride if, DH was waffling and after the video is thinking he will pass, and I was the one who always thought it probably wasn't for me. I'm so glad you enjoyed it and didn't feel sick - that can really ruin a trip!

This is a good point. When you are actually on the ride and see the effects your brain will process it differently than what the video in the backpack showed.

For anyone else who has been on the ride and watched the Youtube videos I am curios you thoughts as well.

Just to clarify I agree with that. I had no clue it moved that much when I was actually on the ride. It is so smooth that seeing the video actually took my by surprise.

It is an 10 acre expansion and New Fantsyland was 11 so to give a good perspective would be to compare those two. Yes Pandora is an acre smaller but it didn't feel much smaller. A lot of the land is "hidden" trails so while it is pretty easy to go from the entrance to Na'vi River Journey, to Flight of Passage, and to the shop and Canteen then back out again you would miss a lot of the little details doing just that. I realized on our way out that we missed the weird water creatures that get you wet so I was like OMG we must go find them! They weren't hard to find it was just that they were on a path we hadn't walked. There were more paths we didn't go down but I'm excited to go back there at night for those parts.

That's another thing I have not seen-a lit up water feature, pool/pond type from the movie they swam in. That would be cool to see but obviously space consuming.

If they lit up D Springs at night it would look very similar. Not that they should just sayin.

These 2 confuse me. Did you not understand it is an expansion and not a full park? It is about the same size as New Fantasyland. so of course it is smaller then Hollywood Studios

The drums they have said will have performers. They will not be Na'vi though they will be "professional plant drummers" as the LA Times crew put it. We played around on them.

I'm not saying you have to like the area or think it is great just saying making sure your expectations of size are correct. It was never suppose to be bigger then Hollywood Studios.

I guess I didn't describe that well and i'm not really sure how to improve on the description. Let's just say I think some areas are always going to be very cramped, if 2 side by side stroller can even pass each other. This might be the professional side of me coming out and years of "that's not going to work with the crowds".

The area is nice, I don't dislike it. It's well done, it's very artistic, everyone that worked on it did a great job, there isn't something else as encompassing elsewhere at WDW. I really like the use of layers and water falls. I am not sure I like that you have to get in line for a ride to really zig zag around them and take them in but there are some areas you don't. It's a good example of what imagineering can achieve if some suits get out of the way. I"m happy to see it, but it's equally as well done for anything Joe Rohde has worked on, he just had a bigger area to do 1 vision so you don't get the compromise of the rest of the park when you need to see a dinosaur across the small pond, etc etc.

It does feel the public areas are too small or maybe a better wording is too many places where it's narrow walkways and not a spot you can just stop and not be in peoples way.

Dang disappointing. Appreciate the honesty and feedback though. I assume you mean at night as well.

I have not seen it in the dark.

I wasn't disappointed with it, I'm just not as blown away by it as everyone else seems to be.. It's well done, very beautiful, very detailed. The rest of AK is the same except dinoland but the all encompassing of the area does help the full "your there" feeling where there had to be compromises elsewhere.

I have not seen it in the dark.

I wasn't disappointed with it, I'm just not as blown away by it as everyone else seems to be.. It's well done, very beautiful, very detailed. The rest of AK is the same except dinoland but the all encompassing of the area does help the full "your there" feeling where there had to be compromises elsewhere.

OK cool. I might have a similar reaction in the day. Hoping at night is where its at, my guess is it is.

I have never been drawn to a day time pic of Pandora (maybe the Banshees on the cliff and f mts)-always am at night though.

OK cool. I might have a similar reaction in the day. Hoping at night is where its at, my guess is it is.

I have never been drawn to a day time pic of Pandora-always am at night though.

I should also state, my absolute favorite thing is music followed by fireworks and I just came off a week of watching a lot of fireworks and on a high from that. It could also be influencing a "this is not amazing fireworks" opinion.

I should also state, my absolute favorite thing is music followed by fireworks and I just came off a week of watching a lot of fireworks and on a high from that. It could also be influencing a "this is not amazing fireworks" opinion.

Kinda kills ROL doesn't it.

So, I'm hearing about the leg restraints for FoP being concerning for larger people. My son is autistic and rather than put him through humiliation / resulting behavior of having to vacate the ride, I'd rather know beforehand if he can ride or not. Is there any guidance someone can give me about this?

There are those that mentioned feeling claustrophobic. If your son doesn't like feeling squeezed in, it may not be the ride for him. There are pictures on the first page of the ride restraints. From what others have said, they hold you in pretty tight and press against your calf area and back which pushes you forward into the ride vehicle. They are supposed to have a test seat out front at some point, hopefully by opening.

I saw your HEA after reports, thanks so much. It looks like better pyro IMO.

Refused to watch anything except from the POLY with no sound so far though. Can't wait.

Kinda kills ROL doesn't it.

I think ROL is fitting. AK is a relaxing park with nice rides around the animals and shows.. It's not the normal disney nighttime show where you expect that big finale to make you want to come back. It's fitting for the land but not what we want it to be..

I honestly don't really like most of the night shows so it fit right in to me.. Most of them are once and done but I go back in when my daughter wants to see them. We're kind of getting off topic here though so I'll leave it at that.

I think ROL is fitting. AK is a relaxing park with nice rides around the animals and shows.. It's not the normal disney nighttime show where you expect that big finale to make you want to come back. It's fitting for the land but not what we want it to be..

I honestly don't really like most of the night shows so it fit right in to me.. Most of them are once and done but I go back in when my daughter wants to see them. We're kind of getting off topic here though so I'll leave it at that.

I also suspect/hope the floating mountains get some projected light on them-not TOL shows just maybe some color changes etc. Might tie into the TOL and ROL as well.

If you have a confirmation with a preview date and time but no FP yet, I wouldn't be too concerned. There are Guest Relations CMs at the Que. They are there specifically to deal with complications like yours. Whenever I've sent anyone with a similar issue, they always got in.

This is good news to hear coming from you, I called yesterday and the cast member on the phone basically told me the same thing.
But they are not necessarily the ones out on the front line like you ;)

I also suspect/hope the floating mountains get some projected light on them-not TOL shows just maybe some color changes etc. Might tie into the TOL and ROL as well.

I have heard that there is some projection mapping used at night. Supposably it is very subtle but nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter