*** Official OCTOBER 2019 Group - Boo To You! ***

Going down October 19th to the 25th
1st time staying at CCV and SSR for a split stay

Guess this is the wrong place but there is no September 2019 thread. My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary and her birthday the week of 9/14 - 9/21. We stayed at the CBR for our honeymoon and now it's going to be our first vacation away without any of the 4 kids and we're staying at the CR. We're both so excited and can't wait to enjoy all of it !!!

Guess this is the wrong place but there is no September 2019 thread. My wife and I are celebrating our 25th anniversary and her birthday the week of 9/14 - 9/21. We stayed at the CBR for our honeymoon and now it's going to be our first vacation away without any of the 4 kids and we're staying at the CR. We're both so excited and can't wait to enjoy all of it !!!

September thread! 😊
https://www.disboards.com/threads/september-2019.3726215/
(I'm on both threads bc we're there from 9/28 - 10/3.)

After the fall discounts came out my sister and I decided to switch hotels from POFQ to BW for our Oct 3-8 trip. This will be my sister's first time at BW and my third. We're really excited. :-)

Revise my dates!!!! Just added 1 night at Wilderness Lodge. Now my dates are Oct 19-27 :cool1::cool1:
Hey all. Since my first post my plans have changed. October 26 to Nov. 1 at All star Sports.
And I’m doing the Halloween Party. Just couldn’t talk myself out of it.
This trip can’t get here quick enough!! I so need a vacation!!
After the fall discounts came out my sister and I decided to switch hotels from POFQ to BW for our Oct 3-8 trip. This will be my sister's first time at BW and my third. We're really excited. :-)
Oh Boy! Lots of changes :figment:

Going down October 19th to the 25th
1st time staying at CCV and SSR for a split stay
Going Oct 2nd - 6th. Staying at Pop, MNSSHP, 4 parks one day, SWGE, and Solo!!
:tink:Welcome! You've both been added to the Roll Call! :tigger:

September thread! 😊
https://www.disboards.com/threads/september-2019.3726215/
(I'm on both threads bc we're there from 9/28 - 10/3.)
Yeah, I hate when the threads hide on us too. Thank you Kbosch for pointing it out :)
nuclearturtle, extend the trip! Come stay on our thread too! LOL

Finished up 99% of the stuff I wanted to do to the motorhome for our trip. I am so ready and excited for this trip! 30 days till my FP opens, the only one I want is Slinky Dog.
Took my 3 year old son to the movies to try to see Toy Story 4, while his mom and sister were wedding dress shopping ( daughter is getting married in October). He was good until the movie started but he was real tired and started having a magical moment. We ended up leaving because there was no reasoning with him.

Can we be added to the roll call? We are staying at the BC Oct 2 to 7. Thanks.

I was finally to get the premium band that my husband wanted. Now I can stop stalking that stupid Disney website.
:tinker: Welcome! You're in the Roll Call!
Happy you found the band. :mickeyjum

If anyone is flying Southwest, check your flight schedule. We had a flight change coming in to MCO and now instead of 1 stop in Chicago then MCO, they have us going from Chicago to Pittsburgh (no plane change there). We are arriving at 5 PM now instead of 2:30 PM. By looking at other flights, its still the earliest we can get to MCO without paying an arm and a leg. Glad I don't plan anything until late in the evening on our arrival day!

If anyone is flying Southwest, check your flight schedule. We had a flight change coming in to MCO and now instead of 1 stop in Chicago then MCO, they have us going from Chicago to Pittsburgh (no plane change there). We are arriving at 5 PM now instead of 2:30 PM. By looking at other flights, its still the earliest we can get to MCO without paying an arm and a leg. Glad I don't plan anything until late in the evening on our arrival day!
I hate when they mess with our Disney plans LOL.
Thanks for the heads up!

Anyone else struggling just a bit with scheduling for their October trip? The early hours (and lack of late hours for AK) are giving me trouble with trying to figure out which park to do which day. I had everything all figured out - but when they dropped the Extra Extra Magic Hours, it has me rethinking ALL my plans. I love the low crowds at rope drop, but my family will KILL me if I try to make them do 2 days at 6 am (or earlier). So - if anyone has any ideas about their plans & would like to share - I'd love some support. My dates are Oct. 9 - 14 - right before Columbus day.

Anyone else struggling just a bit with scheduling for their October trip? The early hours (and lack of late hours for AK) are giving me trouble with trying to figure out which park to do which day. I had everything all figured out - but when they dropped the Extra Extra Magic Hours, it has me rethinking ALL my plans. I love the low crowds at rope drop, but my family will KILL me if I try to make them do 2 days at 6 am (or earlier). So - if anyone has any ideas about their plans & would like to share - I'd love some support. My dates are Oct. 9 - 14 - right before Columbus day.
I started having this exact same problem years back when my kids were teens. Deciding dining reservations even before we knew EMH made it that much more frustrating.
My solution: roll with it. EMHs are far too crowded these days during that first hour anyway, and they do make the parks more crowded during the day.. I can always hop a bus and arrive for the last hour of evening EMH if I really want the lower crowds. We're a late night family anyway, so it works out.

Last edited:
I'm struggling, too. My FP day is next Tuesday (going 9/28-10/4) and I am still moving my park days and reservations. We don't like EMH and always avoid those parks, so this trip will be weird for sure. But at least it's weird for everyone! My husband and I agreed to only have only two 4:30am wakeups to get to HS early. I'm guessing by the time we go he will want to change that to just one, even though we both LOVE SW. I would wake up then every day but we have little kids and grandparents with us and I don't want them to have a bad trip.

We like to hop so our plans are:
9/28 Disney Springs to MK
9/29 AK to E
9/30 E to HS
10/1 HS to MK (MNSSHP)
10/2 AK to Disney Springs
10/3 MK to AK
10/4 HS to home :sad:

I'm struggling, too. My FP day is next Tuesday (going 9/28-10/4) and I am still moving my park days and reservations. We don't like EMH and always avoid those parks, so this trip will be weird for sure. But at least it's weird for everyone! My husband and I agreed to only have only two 4:30am wakeups to get to HS early. I'm guessing by the time we go he will want to change that to just one, even though we both LOVE SW. I would wake up then every day but we have little kids and grandparents with us and I don't want them to have a bad trip.

We like to hop so our plans are:
9/28 Disney Springs to MK
9/29 AK to E
9/30 E to HS
10/1 HS to MK (MNSSHP)
10/2 AK to Disney Springs
10/3 MK to AK
10/4 HS to home :sad:
Thanks for sharing your struggles too! Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who is changing things around. It all works out in the end - but I know with a teenager & a preteen - getting them up for a 4:30 am wake up will be brutal. I'm trying to make my AK & MK evening (which is early) follow up with an earlier wake up. We'll be doing MNSSHP for the first time on our first full day - so excited about that! The whole trip is a surprise for my daughter - so trying to plan it with her around all the time has been tough.

Not really "October" specific, but more fall at WDW - do any parks other than Magic Kingdom decorate for fall? Like pumpkins, leaves, special photo ops, etc?

Not really "October" specific, but more fall at WDW - do any parks other than Magic Kingdom decorate for fall? Like pumpkins, leaves, special photo ops, etc?
Epcot has Food & Wine and decor that goes along with that. This will be our first time doing it, so I can't name anything right off, but there's probably something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter