OFFICIAL OCTOBER 2017 pretrip and trip report!

Woohoo it's September and I can now officially say I'm going to Disney next month. It is also mine and dh 16th wedding anniversary and he gave me this wonderful present ( I'm a big fan of the Jim shore figures)!
View attachment 266105

I also got myself this little gem from online. Using it to count down to our trip first, then we'll use it for counting down to Halloween. Dh said he saw this online and almost bought me this gift instead lol
View attachment 266106

I have that Jim Shore figurine! My husband and I got it when we got engaged at Disney to remember the occasion! I absolutely love it! And oh do I want that countdown! I may surprise my husband with it...not sure yet.

Happy Anniversary!

We finally got our tent set up in our backyard yesterday for our weekend run through. We stayed in it last night, mainly because it was raining and it was so relaxing. Our original plan was to just camp tonight, but the rain called. This afternoon we are going to decorate it so we know what we are doing when we decorate it at Disney. We got some battery operated lights from the dollar tree, so we plan to decorate the guy-lines with those, because my DH tripped over them twice last night! Oops. I want to post pictures, but I am not sure how. Any tips?

We finally got our tent set up in our backyard yesterday for our weekend run through. We stayed in it last night, mainly because it was raining and it was so relaxing. Our original plan was to just camp tonight, but the rain called. This afternoon we are going to decorate it so we know what we are doing when we decorate it at Disney. We got some battery operated lights from the dollar tree, so we plan to decorate the guy-lines with those, because my DH tripped over them twice last night! Oops. I want to post pictures, but I am not sure how. Any tips?

FrozenOne16, use the "Upload a File" button on the bottom right of your thread input box. Of course it should be a jpg file and make sure you check the box to show a full sized image.

So I take it you stayed dry inside the tent in the rain? That's great. One less thing to worry about.

Bama Ed

FrozenOne16, use the "Upload a File" button on the bottom right of your thread input box. Of course it should be a jpg file and make sure you check the box to show a full sized image.

So I take it you stayed dry inside the tent in the rain? That's great. One less thing to worry about.

Bama Ed

Hmm...it says my file is too large. No clue how to resize it. :sad2:

We did stay dry! And we love our tent! The tarp we got is almost a little too small, but I think we are going to try to make it work.

Hmm...it says my file is too large. No clue how to resize it. :sad2:

If I am posting pics from my computer, I open the pic in paint and resize their. When I click on resize there is already a value in the Vertical - Horizontal column. I change those to 25 and my pictures are able to post.

Disney 3-2017 009 copy.jpg

If posting from my I-phone, nothing is needed, just hit upload file, pick your pictures and they upload.

Awesome, nice a roomy. I too have tripped over the guy-lines, but that is because I was walking from the main road toward the back of the tent where there is no light, we have the mini Christmas lights around the front of the tent and our ez-up.

I think the Disney reservation page is burned permanently into my computer screen at home and at work :scared: but I refuse to give up!

We made an additional reservation yesterday for our "off day". We are going to Hoop-De-Doo-Revue on Oct 10! I think I sold my husband on the price tag by mentioning the All you can eat ribs and then all you can drink draft beer. :lmao:

Awesome, nice a roomy. I too have tripped over the guy-lines, but that is because I was walking from the main road toward the back of the tent where there is no light, we have the mini Christmas lights around the front of the tent and our ez-up.

We put our dollar store lights on last night. They are little LED rope lights that worked perfectly for our guylines. We want to get a few more sets. We have some candy corn lights that are going to go around our ez-up once we get that set up at disney. Then we have some LED copper-wire lights that we want to put in the inside of our tent in addition to the lantern we got last night. So excited to decorate once we get down there. We figured it will probably take us an hour, but we are going to prep as much as possible before we go.

We run the clear mini-lights around the inside front of the tent, not all the way around. Then we have the blue around the canopy of the tent, which I am thinking of changing to the orange and purple for Halloween, we leave these on all night as they are not to bright to keep us awake, but give off enough light for those late night CS runs. Then we have the clear lights going all the way around our ez-up also.

We run the clear mini-lights around the inside front of the tent, not all the way around. Then we have the blue around the canopy of the tent, which I am thinking of changing to the orange and purple for Halloween, we leave these on all night as they are not to bright to keep us awake, but give off enough light for those late night CS runs. Then we have the clear lights going all the way around our ez-up also.

Sounds like the same type of setup we are going for. Our colors are mostly orange and purple. Wish I could find some green though!

Thanks for the tips! It made me resize 1, but not both. Oh well. Here's our tent! We love it!
View attachment 266587 View attachment 266588

Nice, does that tarp run all the way under the tent from the canopy area ? My only concern would be it catching rain and channeling it under the tent if it were a heavy downpour, sideways rain and all. But sounds like a great plan coming together. We are packing and making ready for our trip.

Well DW gave me the okay yesterday for my trip to the Fort for Halloween week but she said something about bringing her back a souvenirt or something.... or maybe it was to make sure I get myself a souvenir..... yeah, I bet that's what it was.

Naturally today the first stop after church was to Dollar General to scoop up some inexpensive Halloween decorations for the site and golf cart (my dad will chaperone me again and maybe my mom too). DG had orange and purple strings of led indoor/outdoor lights that are AC powered. I need to work up a solution to run them off the golf cart battery which is DC so it can be decorated all week.

Guess we'll have to be in the Halloween golf cart parade too. :banana:

Bama Ed

Well DW gave me the okay yesterday for my trip to the Fort for Halloween week but she said something about bringing her back a souvenirt or something.... or maybe it was to make sure I get myself a souvenir..... yeah, I bet that's what it was.

Naturally today the first stop after church was to Dollar General to scoop up some inexpensive Halloween decorations for the site and golf cart (my dad will chaperone me again and maybe my mom too). DG had orange and purple strings of led indoor/outdoor lights that are AC powered. I need to work up a solution to run them off the golf cart battery which is DC so it can be decorated all week.

Bama Ed

Back in the day I was in the Guard, our armory got flooded, I got a 12 volt outlet, wired straight to a battery, then had an inverter to provide ac power. Still have the outlets and the inverter. Of course that was back when there was still a radio shack around every corner.

We made an additional reservation yesterday for our "off day". We are going to Hoop-De-Doo-Revue on Oct 10! I think I sold my husband on the price tag by mentioning the All you can eat ribs and then all you can drink draft beer. :lmao:
You should have lead with the AYCD beer! LOL

Bama Ed

Our Dollar Store has battery powered Halloween lights, orange pumpkins, white skeletons and purple bats. Do you have a Dollar Store anywhere near you?

You should have lead with the AYCD beer! LOL
Haha! Probably. I am really excited, but I am not sure what to expect. We paid for category 1 seating, so I am sure we will be seated with another family, I just hope they are as laid back as we are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter